Fuzzy Memories of a Noobs First Trip report

Pre Trip: I call myself a noob because it had been 20+ yrs when my last visit took place. I was just a young teen, Universal had just opened and the park wars were in full swing. I was not a coaster nut and Big thunder scared the crap out of me. Space Mountain I absolutely loved. Go figure. Now this trip was about four yrs in the making. Saving, making a DD, reading and planning via this site and books. No amount of planning could prepare for this trip.

Trip Report:

We booked 9 months out at the ASM from Oct 8-15th 2011. After the free dining was announced we switch the POR and got a $200 refund. The magic was starting already. Now this next part does suck but I will not get into that here. If you wish you can read the back story of that ongoing ordeal. All that I want to say is thanks for the prayers and well wishes from the WDW magic family.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=807926

There are two party's involved and we left from the same town in Ohio. The girlfriends family drove to WDW. Three adults and three kids in a minivan, good luck. We decided to fly. Me, the girlfriend and our daughter Allison. We spent the night in Cincinnati with relatives so we would have no trouble making our 10:30am flights without the added 2 hrs drive time.

So the girlfriends family of her mother, sister, sisters husband and their 3 kids leave very early Friday morning. So the great race is official. We had to work Friday giving them a huge head start. But they had to stop for the night and finish their drive on Saturday.

So we board our flight and get belted.

Our daughter, Allie and I.

The girlfriend/ol' lady/babby mamma Katie and Allie

So after a late night, an early morning and hitting a wall in mid flight this is the result.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster

universal 07 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I can't believe I am going to show these but here ya go. Ladies get some control I am the hot number in the purple shirt. That is my dad and my step-sister Stephanie and half brother Matt. To me they are just a younger sister and brother.

universal 08 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

That is my step-mom and another younger brother Josh. My youngest and favorite sister was not born yet. We had some productive parents. ;)

erstwo

Great Trip Report! I read almost all of it last night on the app on my phone. Great read. You are such a witty writer - I literally laughed out loud at some of your insights!

Your daughter is adorable and I love how well you got along with your girlfriend's family.

Love those pictures at the end. HOW can 1991 have been so very long ago? Seems like yesterday!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Great Trip Report! I read almost all of it last night on the app on my phone. Great read. You are such a witty writer - I literally laughed out loud at some of your insights!

Your daughter is adorable and I love how well you got along with your girlfriend's family.

Love those pictures at the end. HOW can 1991 have been so very long ago? Seems like yesterday!

Thank you! Her family is great! I met everyone for the first time at Thanksgiving dinner. They treated me like they had known me forever.

I wish I had more old pics but after seeing my choice in clothing maybe not. The other pics I do have are of the inside of Mel's Diner and the cars outside. I guess it has been a while since my tween years and Turtle Power.

fractal

Day Four cont: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Almost forgot as we are leaving Epcot these guys are just nuts.
I see a ***** pack.

While the kids get some sleep back at the resort we get ready for the party. This is where we have an advantage with only one grumpy princess to get ready. It hits 7pm and Katie, Allie, Mom and I leave them behind. When they are ready they'll find us. Walking into the Magic Kingdom it really does have a different feel. The CM costumes, the character costumes and the decoration come together for a charged atmosphere. For a hard ticket exclusive event this place was packed. You could hardly move down Main street.

We ran all over the park so sorry for some fuzzy memories.

First we get a picture in front of the Castle that grandma wanted. She would have preferred no pumpkins but it'll do.

While shuffling our way north we run into these guys and stay a while. Many people were just running past and to afraid to join the fun. Not me. Please excuse me "singing" but no one else was helping the guys out.

On the way we get this pic. I did not know the character name but Allie did. Turk? Katie looks refreshed

While heading toward the hub the Headless Horseman trots down Main Street. I was hoping for more speed and sparking hooves as he cackled wildly. Ichabod Crane must have been really been a weenie.

While the parade was being enjoyed by most we use that time to get in some characters. My daughter new who Jafar was but had no interest in meeting him when it came time. Thanks Allie, I'll take over. Jafar and I have a lot in common. I would like to marry Jasmine and become a sultan also.

Jafar made my baby cry. You can see the tears in her eyes.

This is my favorite picture of me. Fear the ***** pack and tremble before me.

The character handler said the imitating them is the best way to show you care. Made me feel great. "You hear that Katie. He said Jafar appreciated my gesture." "Aaron, you're such a dork."

We skip the parade to take in the second show.

Still cracking me up 3 years later.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

universal 09
by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Part of a Hanna Barbarra land?? Flintstone's.

universal 10
by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

That is my older sister Annie.

universal 11
by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I know, I know.... old thread. But since you linked it in a new thread, this is forgivable, right? I enjoyed this immensely :)

Also, I had no idea Uni had a Flintstones village. There was a Flintstones cave system in Baghdad! Most of the caves were "condemned" when we were there, but we still were able to hike around them and in a couple of them. Does anyone know if the one in Uni is still there?
807cc2fb5a44010bf594eee8b76b5d6b.jpg

blreinsel

I know, I know.... old thread. But since you linked it in a new thread, this is forgivable, right? I enjoyed this immensely :)

Also, I had no idea Uni had a Flintstones village. There was a Flintstones cave system in Baghdad! Most of the caves were "condemned" when we were there, but we still were able to hike around them and in a couple of them. Does anyone know if the one in Uni is still there?
807cc2fb5a44010bf594eee8b76b5d6b.jpg

No Flinstones village at Uni. :( I loved that show when I was a kid.. I wish it was still there!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Wow!! I have not been on here in a few days and saw 19 alerts :jawdrop:. Thought I had really made some controversial post. So excited to see people enjoying this TR, it brings back so many great memories. We are planning a trip this September and I am the central planner for two families. Needless to say they are not forum members so have total trust in me. What could go wrong???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom