Future 'World Showcase'

jt04

Original Poster
It was being discussed earlier about if grandstand seating will be necessary around the World Showcase Lagoon. I am of the opinion it is inevitable.

Each country could have themed seating sized to what that land can handle. Some may be small sections others larger. But each could be fastpass accessible and refreshments offered that fit that particular land. And also those sparkly glowey souvineers. I believe the promenade could offer enough seating for 5000 guests at least and that would definitely help ease congestion. Definitely also would generate revenue.

Also...

Near the outpost they are building infrastructure for the new nightly fireworks show. Just wondering if this is the time they should commit that area to an "event space" structure with whatever show elements are being brought in placed on the roof. That way WoL and the Millennium tent pads could be repurposed into attraction space.

Just a couple ideas. Any others?

jensenrick

I was watching the BluRay extras to Coco the other day, and one of the features was about how much research they had put into the music of the country of Mexico, and all the different varieties of music from the different regions- from back when the story of Coco was different than when it came out.

So my idea- a simple (and yet potentially VERY entertaining) overlay of the ride, where each section of the ride is playing a different style of Mexican music, like banda or jarocho, with a different character. Miguel does "Poco Loco", Imelda sings "La Llorona" (such a beautiful haunting melody), the contest winners in purple do their banda song , perhaps with a short intro by Miguel. The finale would be the staircase scene that Ernesto did of "Remember Me" (but without Ernesto).

This way- you are incorporating the characters and the flavor of the movie BUT you are also being true to Epcot, by introducing people to the actual musical Culture of Mexico!! And it's all about music, so it's entertaining, and has repeat ability!
(as opposed to lame jokes about Donald Duck, just saying)

It's a win-win!
(Just in case anyone who makes these decisions might be looking)

jt04

Original Poster
I was watching the BluRay extras to Coco the other day, and one of the features was about how much research they had put into the music of the country of Mexico, and all the different varieties of music from the different regions- from back when the story of Coco was different than when it came out.

So my idea- a simple (and yet potentially VERY entertaining) overlay of the ride, where each section of the ride is playing a different style of Mexican music, like banda or jarocho, with a different character. Miguel does "Poco Loco", Imelda sings "La Llorona" (such a beautiful haunting melody), the contest winners in purple do their banda song , perhaps with a short intro by Miguel. The finale would be the staircase scene that Ernesto did of "Remember Me" (but without Ernesto).

This way- you are incorporating the characters and the flavor of the movie BUT you are also being true to Epcot, by introducing people to the actual musical Culture of Mexico!! And it's all about music, so it's entertaining, and has repeat ability!
(as opposed to lame jokes about Donald Duck, just saying)

It's a win-win!
(Just in case anyone who makes these decisions might be looking)

This idea reminds me a bit of the Navi River Journey which doesn't rely on a storyline but rather immersion in a place. They could even slow the boats down during non-peak times. I think you have a great idea there. Thanks for sharing!

Dr. Falls

I completely agree that promenade grand-stand seating is both necessary and inevitable. I was at EPCOT for New Year's Eve, and the taped-sections for Illuminations simply could not accommodate guests (partly because of some rather rude squatters who used their blanket, towels, and bodies so that any one person took up enough for 5-8 other people).

Grand-stand seating solves the issue because it becomes more difficult for guests to save room for others ("Please move all the way to the end of the benches"), ensuring that seating for nighttime entertainment actually reaches its intended capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom