News Future World confirmed to be split into 3 neighborhoods

Haymarket2008

Some concept art from the presentation I thought was interesting.

montyz81

Marty is turning in his grave right now! At the very least, they could have gone with
- Discovery World
- Nature World
- Celebration World
To pay a little homage to Future World.

GenerationX

If the new Play Pavilion has retro arcade games and a 3D Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold adventure, I'm there.

The noun cluster neighborhood names work for me. I think this semi-redesign works completely. The four neighborhoods and their related themes unite the park ... for the first time. The current two mini-parks super-glued together have always resembled what happens when a bunch of park designers start with Walt's E.P.C.O.T. and play the Telephone Game. This semi-redesign is World Class.

Have they said what they're going to do with the tombstones in the entry plaza?

tomast

No, I actually dislike it, and think it’s the opposite of what should have been done. I know the reasons they doing it. The new epcot will be very pretty, with some really fun new attractions/areas/retail/dining/night time show, but the redo destroys what made the park unique. It’s now going to be just another Disney Park.
I think they are trying to make Downtown Disney II, What used to be free but now with a $132 ticket to enter!. Retail + Dining + Night show + New Festivals with more alcoholic options!!!

Will they build a new pleasure island?

tomast

If the new Play Pavilion has retro arcade games and a 3D Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold adventure, I'm there.

The noun cluster neighborhood names work for me. I think this semi-redesign works completely. The four neighborhoods and their related themes unite the park ... for the first time. The current two mini-parks super-glued together have always resembled what happens when a bunch of park designers start with Walt's E.P.C.O.T. and play the Telephone Game. This semi-redesign is World Class.

Have they said what they're going to do with the tombstones in the entry plaza?
How will Play Pavilion fits the new "World Discovery" neighborhood

jerryknuckles76

Maybe it's been mentioned, so forgive me if it has. It seems that the line dividing "World Nature" and "World Celebration" run right through the middle of Journey Into Imagination. Gotta wonder what the future holds for figment.

1epcot.jpeg

October82

I don't think simply renaming things does much for coherency or consistency.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom