Future Imagineer's Brainstorm Sessions

WED99

Original Poster
Hey folks, I'm starting this thread because I feel like there's something missing from the Imagineer section of the forums. A dedicated brainstorming thread!

So I'm going to do this is the easiest way possible. I am going to be host of the session. I'll randomly post different topics to brainstorm on, and anyone can just post their ideas, critiques or comments. No due dates, No elaborate proposals. Just fun doing what we all love!

I just ask a couple things to keep the thread fun. No arguing! Debating, yes please! But no arguing or personal attacks! Please try to stay on topic also, not post about a question from 2 months ago. If anyone wants me to specifically ask a question, inbox me and I'll see what I can do ;)

Thanks guys! Have fun!

Turtle

Ok so Pixar Place. There would be 4 different areas of Pixar Place: Emeryville, Toy Story, Ratatouille, Monstropolis, and The Incredibles. These aren't full out lands like Carsland but rather sub-lands with 2 attractions per land. This would be taking over the entire Backlot Tour and Lights Motors Action.

Emeryville : Based off of the Pixar studios in California and this is where the entrance to the massive land is. There would be two attractions here. The first attraction is called Pixar Studios which is a peak into Pixar's history, how their films are made, and exhibits of their next films. It would like identical to the studios' Steve Jobs Building with the icon of the land (Luxo) in front of the museum. In addition to the exhibits, there would also be the Pixar Pals Meet and Greet Center where you can meet all Pixar's characters (except the Toy Story, Ratatouille, Monsters, and Incredibles) and it will always be updated as new films come out similar to Princess Fairytale Hall. I'm sad to say that this would be the only section with the Pixar bricks (Toy Story Mania will get their's removed). There would also be the studio store selling everything Pixar.

Toy Story Play-Land : This would be similar to that of Paris but except this one would be good. The smaller attraction would be a refurbed Toy Story Mania with a new pager queue similar to Dumbo along with a Woody/Buzz animatronic at the end of the ride telling you "Thanks for Playing, and come back soon!". The new queue would be like a humungous food court but rather than food there are animatronic toys where kids and adults can walk around and interact with the different toys. There could be Wheezy singing songs, Mr. Pricklepants giving "acting lessons" or reciting a Shakespearean monologue, and an Etch-A-Sketch drawing a picture that guests ask for, and the aliens reciting people's names. The e-ticket of this sub-land and the whole expansion would be RC Racer, which is not the RC Racer from DLP like you're thinking but rather a re-themed version of Radiator Springs Racers. This is not entirely my idea because I saw someone come up with this idea earlier but essentially it is the same attraction and the outside is just racing around Andy's Backyard and the dark ride portion is going inside Andy's House. This gives WDW a new e-ticket while keeping Radiator Springs Racers DCA exclusive (East has Toy Story, West has Cars).

Monstropolis : Of course, there needs to be the Door Vault. The Door Vaulter would be surprisingly a d-ticket (I cringe when I say that) but it will be loads of fun. The Monsters host a open-house and they invite you to tour their facilities. The ride would be a roller coaster, and the loading dock would be where the scare floor is in the movie. We all know the rumors so there isn't much else to say. Then there will be a Monsters University campus and you first enter through the gates and inside there will be a bookstore, café, and a new fun interactive experience. Enroll to The Monsters School of Scaring at Monsters University where you train to be a monster! This would be like a mix of the Jedi Training Academy / Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom / Agent P where you go around the campus to scare "test children" with different scaring tools ( like the Sorcerer's cards) that they give you, while you're completing your course/game you might get pranked by several students. That was a very vague explanation of the concept though. The sign-up / enrollment center would be in the center of the campus in this building. Here is how the campus looks, obviously it wouldn't be so big, it'd probably have 6-7 building facades, the cafe, the bookstore, and the walkways but the only places you go for the game are the dorms, the enrollment center, the walkways, and the library. The bookstore would sell all Monsters franchise merchandise.

Ratatouille Courtyard - Ratatouille Courtyard might trick yourselves into thinking that you're in Epcot's France but you're not! There would be a new signature table restaurant called Chef Gusteau's and would be in a large facade with a living Remy character greeting guests at the tables. Go to the back of the restaurant to ride Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity an LPS dark ride cloned from Disneyland Paris. The would also be a flat ride

Thoughts? I'll be posting a map later on

WED99

Original Poster
Nice ideas! Especially the Toy Story Mania queue!

I hope Disney do something with Monsters University. I love the colourful trees on campus!

Just for anyone reading this, your post does not have to be this elaborate! Don't let turtle intimidate you :p

Turtle

Nice ideas! Especially the Toy Story Mania queue!

I hope Disney do something with Monsters University. I love the colourful trees on campus!

Just for anyone reading this, your post does not have to be this elaborate! Don't let turtle intimidate you :p
lol ya pixar is a very interesting subject for me so i can write for days

WED99

Original Poster
lol ya pixar is a very interesting subject for me so i can write for days
Same here. They are so good at creating unique and interesting environments/characters that they deserve the huge recognition they receive in the parks today! (maybe even more)

WED99

Original Poster
Glad you asked Turtle!

I love the idea of a Pixar area, but I don't want to see it completely take over DHS. However? The park is in need of some family attractions so...

Keep the current entrance. Bulldoze the area Toy Story is in. This will be the new entrance to all the new areas. On the left (where the shop and M&G is) build a small cinema/exhibit. This will house the Pixar Story, talking about John Lasseter, Steve Jobs, George Lucas and all the others who contributed to the company.

Now for the areas. Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Brave and Wall E are ideal for what I am trying to do. They all the addition of a bunch of smaller rides plus some larger.

Toy Story Carnival
Join the Toys as they celebrate their annual Carnival. This is an expansion on the Midway Mania story (which will be in this area). A few small toy themed carnival rides will be added, as well as sideshows and a new M&G tent.

Monsters Incorporated HQ
This large indoor area is a type of experience not seen often. Guests can enter the Monsters Inc building and explore the many floors. Every few inches will be a detail showing the humorous world of Monstropolis. The fun is finding new things every time! You can even explore different doors! Guests then exit the building and get on a cab as they your Monstropolis. The difference to DCA's ride is that nothing goes wrong, it's just a day in Monstropolis!

Brave
So this might not be your first choice for an area, but it's one of mine. Merida's large castle towers over the land, surrounded by green Forrest's and water. Guests may explore the castle and enter the training room, where they can use cannons and foam balls to battle it out! Then if they go to the ocean dock, Guests can board their own shop. As they slowly pass other Guests they can use water cannons to hose them down, but beware! The guests have water cannons too! Guests can then head to the lawn where they can compete on various games (including archery) to show their strength!

Wall E
So the way we're going, Wall E's depiction of Earth is going to come true pretty soon. Well I decided to hurry it up! Guests roam the overgrown city, discovering pop culture references in all the rubble. The Earth section of this area is only small however, and Guests will be able to enter the massive ship (forgot the name) home to all of Earth's Population. On here they discover new technologies and amenities available to the people of the future. But before the get too comfortable they will be taken to a theatre, where a movie will play showing what happened to Earth (in the Wall E universe) through home video footage (like paranormal activity). Guests then enter an exhibit showing how they can make a difference and they can play games scoring them on environmental awareness. Guests can then head back to Earth and meet Wall E in his trailer home.

Hope you guys like my ideas, just what I could come up with off the top of my head. Merry Christmas ;)

MA Screamin'

Great ideas, guys!

I was thinking that instead of lands dedicated to one movie, we could try to have mini-lands revolving around a general theme, like an island (Incredibles and Up) or a backyard (Bug's Life and Toy Story), allowing more movies to be represented. Not the most compatible, but just an idea.

WED99

Original Poster
Great ideas, guys!

I was thinking that instead of lands dedicated to one movie, we could try to have mini-lands revolving around a general theme, like an island (Incredibles and Up) or a backyard (Bug's Life and Toy Story), allowing more movies to be represented. Not the most compatible, but just an idea.
I like that idea! It sure would be convienent as well!

WED99

Original Poster
I'd go for a Frankenweenie dark ride :)

Might utilise binoral sound in the vehicles to make it stand out (and the whole thing would be black and white)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom