"Future Fastpass" for too short child

Karenb64

Original Poster
I know I've seen something about this on this site, but I can't find it so...can anyone tell my about a special "fastpass" that allows a child (and his family) to come back and ride when he or she is tall enough? I'm helping a family plan their trip and they were given about eight of these (each for a different ride) by the owner of a townhouse they are renting for their vacation. Can anyone tell me if this family will be able to use these without any problems? Thanks for the help!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Never heard of what you are talking about.

There is a pass called a "Child Swap" or "rider switch pass" that will allow a family to return and re-ride, but I am pretty sure they are dated.

DisneyRoy

I've heard of these. Basically you get them when your child is too short to ride a ride during that trip. So they give you a "FastPass" to use and get on the ride when they are tall enough to ride. When you go back, they take the FastPass so you can't keep using it. I have never seen one in person, but have numerous people talk about them. It should be a simple piece of paper that you give to the Cast Member at each attraction and that one person is allowed on.

Karenb64

Original Poster
I've heard of these. Basically you get them when your child is too short to ride a ride during that trip. So they give you a "FastPass" to use and get on the ride when they are tall enough to ride. When you go back, they take the FastPass so you can't keep using it. I have never seen one in person, but have numerous people talk about them. It should be a simple piece of paper that you give to the Cast Member at each attraction and that one person is allowed on.
Here is a picture of the front and back of one of these passes.
20140914_140523.jpg 20140914_140531.jpg

TaraWdopeyfan

We got one for Everest last year, when the CM gave it to my daughter she told me when we return the following year that we could use it to get 7 people on the ride with the Fast Pass. We are returning in 4 days, so I can let you know then if we have any issues with using it.

wdwjmp239

When my daughter was 21 months old, we went to take her on the Dumbo Ride. She was so excited to ride Dumbo, that she (no joke), peed her pants. We were part of the next group to ride and when we told the CM at the gate that we had to leave the line to change her diaper, he gave us a card similar to the "Splash Mountain" pass (picture posted by @Karenb64 ) for Dumbo. Poor girl was do devastated. But, she got to ride it eventually and had a blast.

Now my daughter is 4 years old - all she wants to do is:

Dumbo
Goofy's Barnstormer
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Its A Small World
Tomorrowland Transit Authority (People Mover)

If we can hit her Top 5..... she's good. LOL!

My son, on the other hand, who's only 2....well....he wants to do Splash Mountain, but he's too short to ride. I told him when he's tall enough, he'll ride that one....front seat.....with dad! :) ;)

Karenb64

Original Poster
We got one for Everest last year, when the CM gave it to my daughter she told me when we return the following year that we could use it to get 7 people on the ride with the Fast Pass. We are returning in 4 days, so I can let you know then if we have any issues with using it.
Thanks, that will be helpful!
So as someone who goes frequently to DW and does a lot of research as I help other families plan their trips, I'm surprised I've never seen one of these passes or had one of my kids offered one. We've asked the cast member at the start of the line for a child swap ticket on many occasions and never been offered this, so I'm wondering if you need to ask specifically for this "future fastpass" or are they more likely to give them to you if you have taken your child all the way through the line hoping they would be tall enough?

TaraWdopeyfan

So as someone who goes frequently to DW and does a lot of research as I help other families plan their trips, I'm surprised I've never seen one of these passes or had one of my kids offered one. We've asked the cast member at the start of the line for a child swap ticket on many occasions and never been offered this, so I'm wondering if you need to ask specifically for this "future fastpass" or are they more likely to give them to you if you have taken your child all the way through the line hoping they would be tall enough?

We got ours because my daughter was about half an inch too short and was really upset that she couldn't ride again. She wasn't throwing a fit or anything but started to cry softly after I took her up to the measuring pole and we saw she was too short, the CM walked up to us and addressed my girl and said "here princess, when you bring your parents back next year and your taller you can use this fast pass to take 6 family members on your first ride with you" so I don't believe they pass them out all the time, more to calm the child who is upset cause they aren't tall enough. I could be wrong thou

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I know I've seen something about this on this site, but I can't find it so...can anyone tell my about a special "fastpass" that allows a child (and his family) to come back and ride when he or she is tall enough? I'm helping a family plan their trip and they were given about eight of these (each for a different ride) by the owner of a townhouse they are renting for their vacation. Can anyone tell me if this family will be able to use these without any problems? Thanks for the help!
I got one at Disneyland when my little guy was about 1/4 inch too short for Soarin'. We used it on the next trip about 6 months later. It was not supposed to be transferable, of course, so your friends may have trouble if they cannot produce a kid that appears to be just over the height limit for the ride involved.

landauh

It is up to the CM if they will give one of these passes and it usually is to kids that are just under the height requirement (asking for one or if the child is too small usually won't get you one .. but it never hurts to try). As to if they will work .. Yes. Go back to the attraction that the card is for and you will be able to enter via the Fast Pass line.

AndyS2992

Now that Fastpasses are all digital I'm not sure whether they would still offer this. I'd like to think they would though.

Last edited:

Karenb64

Original Poster
I got one at Disneyland when my little guy was about 1/4 inch too short for Soarin'. We used it on the next trip about 6 months later. It was not supposed to be transferable, of course, so your friends may have trouble if they cannot produce a kid that appears to be just over the height limit for the ride involved.
Their youngest is 5 yrs. old and 45" tall so it would definitely appear that they had come before and he had not been able to ride. What surprises me most is how this man, who owns the townhouse this family is renting, has been able to collect so many of these cards. From what I am reading here along with my own experience, these cards are definitely not freely given out. But from what I understand, this is part of the package he offers when families rent from him. Hmmm...

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Their youngest is 5 yrs. old and 45" tall so it would definitely appear that they had come before and he had not been able to ride. What surprises me most is how this man, who owns the townhouse this family is renting, has been able to collect so many of these cards. From what I am reading here along with my own experience, these cards are definitely not freely given out. But from what I understand, this is part of the package he offers when families rent from him. Hmmm...
That is...odd.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Kind of makes me wonder if a scanner and a good color laser printer are involved.

Kamikaze

I would bet he reproduces them. In the picture they have an 8/04 date on them - maybe thats when he originally got it? Don't know. Theres no barcode or anything to scan so he could simply photoshop the numbers on the bottom and no one could really pin it down.

Disvillain63

Am I missing where it actually says it is a fastpass? It seems it is just a card that saysvthe child will be able to ride in the future...more like a souvenier of their first ride...they add the date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom