Trip Report Fun With Friends & Family!!

Starting this TR is LOOOOONG overdue!! It's actually been hanging over me like a dark cloud for quite some time. I've wanted to start it but, you know, life, work & a few Disney trips in the mix get in the way!! Speaking of Disney, I don't know what is possessing me to start this now considering I'm heading down on Friday so that will put this on hold for a bit!! If only I(& my phone battery) had it in me to do live TR's it might make these more timely!!

WHEN: Thursday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 1st
Yep, I'm going to take you back to the fall/Halloween decorations time period!! It feels like forever ago(I guess b/c it was!!) It feels so strange talking about this when earlier this month I was able to ride Tron during the AP preview period. By the time I get to that one it will definitely be "old news"!!

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Preferred 1BR Villa(@Darstarr😘)
IMG_6348.JPEG

WHO:
Our super fun friends!!
@lindawdw & her husband!!
IMG_6431.JPEG

Our super fun family!!
I think you know us by now but as a refresher--
Niece E, Sister E, Sister C(funny, it makes them sound like they are nuns!!🤣), BIL D, Niece A, Nephew J and yours truly!!
IMG_6538.JPEG

Remember at the end of our last trip where Happy Limo forgot about us?? Yeah, me too. I really did not want to use their service ever again after that. But, unfortunately, we already had it booked for this trip so we decided to still go with them. I'm happy to report that they must have learned a lesson b/c the texts from them were a bit overkill compared to our past trips. I got this one the night before we left--
IMG_6297.PNG

Then this one a few minutes later--
IMG_6298.PNG

As you can see even though they have left a bad taste in my mouth I was still cordial!!

We had an evening flight on Thursday. We left after J got home from school. Their Halloween party was that day & I asked him what his costume was supposed to be. He told me he was dressed as "a cool kid."
IMG_6304.JPEG

While E parked the car J & I had headed through security where my suitcase had to be searched. I'll fill you in later as to what I was carrying that was so bad!!
IMG_6303.JPEG

He & I got a table at Friday's & ordered while we waited for E to get there.
IMG_6310.JPEG

Cool kid wanted to sit with me on the plane!!
IMG_6313.JPEG

During the flight I got yet another message from Happy Limo. This message confirmed who I thought would be our driver. I told E & J to be prepared. He was my driver once the year before. He loves to talk like Donald Duck. Don't get me wrong he's very good but imagine me being in a car(a grown woman) with a grown man who's talking to me in a Donald Duck voice. It was nothing short of AWKWARD!!!
So, on this run, we tried to keep the conversation flowing so the opportunity didn't come up. Knowing that he does this(@Doc Disney can attest) I could tell he was anxiously awaiting his chance to start. And boy, did he ever!! The rest of the way there!! Once we parted ways with him E was just shaking her head. I again reiterated about how I felt being in a car with just he & I!!

IMG_6320.PNG

Tiggertoo56

Poor J did look really poorly! Such a shame we didn't manage to meet up, but who knows what the future holds. At present trying to arrange a trip for Fall 2023, and probably staying at POR. May manage to overlap dates if you are planning a visit over the 3 weeks we'll be there.

cgersic

Oh my goodness, the crying picture broke my heart! He (as well as you and E!) is such a trooper and I am so glad you take the time to do these reports. It's truly a joy to follow along. I did chuckle when I saw the shirt you got for R and he already had it - I almost wanted to say I'd seen it in a prior report? 😄 Hope to meet you in person one of these days!

lindawdw

I'm so sorry to hear that J started feeling so sick that last day. 😢 He's a real trooper for hanging in there and going to the pool/restaurant. It's always the worst feeling when you're feeling under the weather away from home. We loved having the opportunity to hang with you all on this trip and can't wait until we can do it all again sometime! <3

Songbird76

You laugh at my comment Patti, but when it’s 9 pm and your kid suddenly remembers she has math homework and not only do you have to learn the new math to help her, you’ve got to translate the dang assignment to even begin to comprehend it 🤣🤣🤣
I am soooo lucky I never had this problem. In elementary school, the kids never had homework, so I never had to help them. And in high school, they pretty much haven't needed help. They both learn really easily, and my husband is an engineer, so anything they need help with, he handles it and he doesn't have to translate. So I'm off the hook!

Songbird76

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST

The Tylenol must have really kicked in b/c J wanted to go outside & sit by the pool. He didn't have a fever anymore so he asked if he could go swimming.
View attachment 714963

Sent this to R.
View attachment 714964

I felt foolish but I went to bell services to get our luggage so we could change into our swimsuits.
View attachment 714965

Doesn't he look much better??
View attachment 714966

We spent the rest of the afternoon there.
View attachment 714967

View attachment 714968

And had a good time!!
View attachment 714969

After we got changed we went to The Turf Club which was now open. We had some dinner before we headed to the airport.
View attachment 714972

View attachment 714973

J was still feeling pretty good.
View attachment 714970

But it didn't last long. I guess the Tylenol wore off & all the same symptoms were coming back. While we were on the plane he was sleeping & I would have to guess was hallucinating from the fever. He was hollering at E & I to leave him alone. Neither one of us were talking to him or anything. And he never woke up while he was saying it. E said he did the same thing off & on throughout the night when they got home. Needless to say, J did not go to school the next day. But, he started improving during the day so he was good to go the following day!!

And there you have it!! Another wonderful trip had come to an end!!We had lots of fun with our friends & family!! So many wonderful memories!! I just wish we could have had all our planned meetups but as you can see J was in no shape to be going anywhere!! Hopefully there will be a next time though!!

Thank you everyone for following along!! I hope you enjoyed it!!😘
Poor kid! That liquid Tylenol is magic though. That's what they gave E when she got heat exhaustion at AK. It took a bit for her to feel better, but once it kicked in, she felt much better until it started to wear off. Then we left the park and called it an early night. We got back to the resort and I went straight to the giftshop to get more of the Tylenol for her, but by the time I got back to our room she was OUT. Glad J felt better after a couple of days.

riverside

Original Poster
What another fabulous report. Poor J there’s nothing worse than being sick on holiday. One year my sister had been vomiting during the night before we had to fly home and it was quite worrying but fortunately she was well enough to still fly. Pleased to hear J was feeling better after a couple of days.
Thank you!! I felt so bad for him!!
Ugh, nothing worse than that. The first time I flew(I was around 9 years old) I went from Pittsburgh to Newark, NJ to Lisbon, Portugal. When we landed in Portugal I was so nauseous that as soon as I stood up I threw up right in the aisle. They had to take everyone off through an emergency exit b/c of my mess!! I was so embarrassed!! Worse than that though was that the whole week I was scared knowing I had to get back on a plane & wondering if it was going to happen again!! Thank goodness it didn't!!
Sorry that J wasn’t feel well at the end, hopefully trips since have made up for it.

Also, thanks for your great Riverside pictures. We were there from Nov. 2nd - 9th and your pictures made me feel like I was back there again!

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy
Yes, we've had 3 since then & he hasn't been sick for them!!
Oh wow!! We missed you by one day!! Bummer!! Glad you enjoyed the pictures!!
Bummer that Jgot sick but I’m so glad you’re able to go enough that you can always have another awesome day at AK next time!!
We did--on our next trip!!
Sorry to hear that J became ill, but at least it was at the end of the vacation -- and not at the beginning. Glad he is doing better now.

P.S.: Loved your TR as usual!
Yes, glad it was at the end. Unlike the trip before where he got sick in the airport on the way there!!
Thank you so much!!
Thanks for sharing another P E and J adventure!
You're welcome!! The pleasure is all mine!!
Glad you all had a good trip even though J got sick at the end.
Thank you!! We had a lot of fun!!
Poor J did look really poorly! Such a shame we didn't manage to meet up, but who knows what the future holds. At present trying to arrange a trip for Fall 2023, and probably staying at POR. May manage to overlap dates if you are planning a visit over the 3 weeks we'll be there.
I know!! I am still bummed about that. To be so close & not be able to make it happen stinks!! E had told me to go to AK without them but I would have felt bad doing that.
That would be awesome!! Hopefully we can make it work!! We have flights booked for the end of October already. Haven't made a resort reservation yet!!
Great report! Poor J getting sick at the end. Those random fevers can be so strange sometimes.
Thank you!! It was strange especially when he started the "hallucinations."
Oh my goodness, the crying picture broke my heart! He (as well as you and E!) is such a trooper and I am so glad you take the time to do these reports. It's truly a joy to follow along. I did chuckle when I saw the shirt you got for R and he already had it - I almost wanted to say I'd seen it in a prior report? 😄 Hope to meet you in person one of these days!
I know, he looks so sad!! Thank you!! I'm glad you enjoy them!!
You probably did!! I can't believe I did that!! I still have the shirt, tags & all on it. I was just going to donate it but I asked a friend the other day if he would want it & he said yes so now it's going to him!!
That would be awesome!!
Thank you, my friend!!
I'm so sorry to hear that J started feeling so sick that last day. 😢 He's a real trooper for hanging in there and going to the pool/restaurant. It's always the worst feeling when you're feeling under the weather away from home. We loved having the opportunity to hang with you all on this trip and can't wait until we can do it all again sometime! <3
He was a trooper!! It did stink not having a room at that point. I'm sure he would have much rather been laying in a bed resting & watching tv.
We all had a wonderful time with you & Pete!! We can wait until next time either!! :D
Poor kid! That liquid Tylenol is magic though. That's what they gave E when she got heat exhaustion at AK. It took a bit for her to feel better, but once it kicked in, she felt much better until it started to wear off. Then we left the park and called it an early night. We got back to the resort and I went straight to the giftshop to get more of the Tylenol for her, but by the time I got back to our room she was OUT. Glad J felt better after a couple of days.
Same thing with J. Once it kicked in he was much better but as soon as it wore off he was right back to where he started. Thank goodness it didn't last that long!!

Tiggertoo56

"That would be awesome!! Hopefully we can make it work!! We have flights booked for the end of October already. Haven't made a resort reservation yet!!"

We have now booked, woo hoo!! Arriving 26th Sept and leaving - 17th Oct, staying at POR this time (I've updated my signature 😀). Only 4 of us this time. It may be too early in October for you?

riverside

Original Poster
"That would be awesome!! Hopefully we can make it work!! We have flights booked for the end of October already. Haven't made a resort reservation yet!!"

We have now booked, woo hoo!! Arriving 26th Sept and leaving - 17th Oct, staying at POR this time (I've updated my signature 😀). Only 4 of us this time. It may be too early in October for you?
Love that you're staying at POR!!
We're flying down October 27th☹️

Tiggertoo56

Love that you're staying at POR!!
We're flying down October 27th☹️
What a shame! We went for those dates as it was a better cost than our normal time of end Oct, due to the UK deal. So looking forward to staying at POR (last time was 2010). Since then we have been in larger groups, but just us 4 close friends next year. On to reading your next report now. 😊

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No

What a shame, we leave the day you arrive.

Minnie1986

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

Even though we endured a lot on the ride at least I was able to get probably the best(even though they are blurry) pictures of the sign that I ever have!!
View attachment 706474

View attachment 706475

While we were at the Pittsburgh airport we received the room ready text.
View attachment 706473

Hello Saratoga Springs!!
View attachment 706476

View attachment 706468

View attachment 706472

J quickly claimed the murphy bed so he & E slept in the living room area.
View attachment 706477

I got the bedroom & a little bit more than I bargained for.
View attachment 706470

This!! o_O 😱😲
View attachment 706471
No, it's not mine. Now, not that I expect that housekeeping is going to wipe down the inside of the drawers but don't you think they should go through them after a guest checks out? Then my mind really started wandering. How long had it actually been there??
See, I normally don't use the drawers. Not that I'm afraid that I'm going to leave something behind(like this poor soul did) but it almost feels like I'm putting my clothes in a public place. I know, I'm a bit strange. Since this wasn't a super short trip there were a couple of things that I did feel the need to put in the drawer. Lesson learned, I'll probably never do that again!!

I'm sorry if this is TMI but the funnier thing was for a minute I was puzzled. I know from the tag(& no, I didn't touch it) that it is from Victoria's Secret. And how do you think I know that?? Obviously, I have a few myself!! Therefore, during my puzzled moment I started second guessing if I had absentmindedly put it in the drawer myself!!🤣 Once I looked in my suitcase it reaffirmed that I hadn't!!

What are the chances that it's still there.....🤔
I feel exactly the same way about using hotel drawers. I don't care how nice of a hotel it is, It's a no for me.

Last edited:

Minnie1986

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH

Out & about early for a quiet walk.
View attachment 709768

Woo Hoo!! I was able to snag one of these!!
View attachment 709767

We arrived at Epcot but were just passing through for the time being.
View attachment 709769

While walking through the park I felt something coming from the sky land on my arm.🤢🤮Yuck!! So gross!!
View attachment 709770

Of course, everyone got a good laugh at my expense!! J really thought it was hysterical!! He made sure to keep his distance from me. He said he didn't want to sit by "poop arm!!" Of course, I had cleaned it up but he still acted like I had the bubonic plague!!
View attachment 709766

This was our destination!!
View attachment 709771

E was in search for a coffee & obviously not just any plain one would do!!
View attachment 709773

We went with the Baileys.
View attachment 709774

She got a hot one while I got mine cold. J got a coffee & an orange. Which he refused to let me help him peel b/c of what had been on me 15 minutes before!!
View attachment 709772

As we were leaving I realized that I wasn't actually free from it though. It was on my shirt & I hadn't realized it!! I cleaned it as best as I could but realized I pretty much had to walk around the rest of the day like that!!:(
View attachment 709775
A pigeon once pooped in my hair when I was a kid. I'm still traumatized and this was more than 25 years ago. 😭 🤢

Minnie1986

MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

I'm sure it's not going to be a big surprise to you all but J & I parted ways with E so we could pay the Aerosmith crew a visit!!
View attachment 713717

We got stuck for a bit at the end.
View attachment 713718

That meant there was time for Aunt Patti & J to get an awesome ride photo together!!(b/c I'm not paying for PP, right @Tuvalu!!)
View attachment 713719

We had a little more time before we met up with E so J talked me into getting him this!!
View attachment 713720

So I had to join the party!!
View attachment 713721
We sat on a bench for awhile talking & enjoying our beverages. It was so much fun!! I absolutely cherish those memories!!

We agreed our final hurrah for the day would be Rise so that's where we met back up with E.
View attachment 713722

Right before boarding this happened.....
View attachment 713723

The ride went down & J graduated from sitting on the floor to LAYING!! In all fairness though, E & I ended up sitting after awhile!!
View attachment 713724

Glad we stuck it out!! The wait was only about 20 minutes then we were facing Kylo Ren!!
View attachment 713725

Then it was time to bid HS farewell & hop on the Skyliner!!
View attachment 713726
J really resembles the young man that plays Young Sheldon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom