Fun with fast passes

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Whelp, my fast pass window opened up Sunday. I'm glad I didn't wake up at 11:59pm Saturday evening, because it seemed the system didn't unlock me until 7:00 or 8:00am Sunday.

I got my fastpasses in, and aligned them to my dinner reservations, i.e., going to MK the day we had our Be our Guest reservation, etc etc.

Waking up this morning, I reviewed my plans and decided it wasn't to my liking. I stacked up time at Magic Kingdom too much during the beginning of our vacation, going there Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. I usually like to avoid MK over the weekend because the crowds seem to be larger. I opted to spread out my MK visit throughout the entire week and I think that will (hopefully) make a more enjoyable time

Other observations with fast passes.
HS doesn't have much, pickings are slim
Epcot has some nice rides, but fast pass makes you choose between soarin, test track, and the new frozen ride. I can see Disney putting limits for MK, but Epcot has so few new (or decent) rides, its a bummer.
My Disney experience should auto-load all members of your party, instead of needing to click select all every time - minor annoyance but I think most families tend to stay together for their fast passes.

Other then maybe some minor tweaks to my itinerary, I think my family and I are locked and loaded for our trip. My kids are getting older, yet the excitement doesn't seem to wane, they talk about the trip almost daily. Its going to be nice to get away and enjoy the warm FLA sun

CaptainAmerica

I think most families tend to stay together for their fast passes.
I don't think so. Most WDW-aged families have one or more kids under the various height restrictions (38", 40", 42", 48", etc.). I've visited about ten times since FastPass+ was introduced and I don't think I've ever scheduled the same FastPasses for everyone in my party.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't think so. Most WDW-aged families have one or more kids under the various height restrictions (38", 40", 42", 48", etc.). I've visited about ten times since FastPass+ was introduced and I don't think I've ever scheduled the same FastPasses for everyone in my party.
Quite correct. Had FP+ exited around the time that we added kid #3 to the mix, we would have had about a 3 year span where we would have been booking fastpasses for 2 parties. Mix in the grandparents and that would have grown to 3.

DfromATX

Whelp, my fast pass window opened up Sunday. I'm glad I didn't wake up at 11:59pm Saturday evening, because it seemed the system didn't unlock me until 7:00 or 8:00am Sunday.

I think quite a few people think it opens up at midnight, but it's 6 a.m Florida time online and 7 a.m. by telephone. Someone on Facebook recently said midnight so I called to verify just last night.

My Disney experience should auto-load all members of your party, instead of needing to click select all every time - minor annoyance but I think most families tend to stay together for their fast passes.

We do, but then again, we don't have little children. It never occurred to me to split our group up.

My kids are getting older, yet the excitement doesn't seem to wane, they talk about the trip almost daily. Its going to be nice to get away and enjoy the warm FLA sun

Our kids are 15, 20, 21, and almost 22 and they are all very excited about Disney!

eliza61nyc

so today was my 60 day window. My main concern was getting Pandora fop, which I did get but not until early evening 6:45. I really don't do a lot of ADR's anymore so I didn't have to worry about trying to line them up with a meal.
I still could not get a frozen fast pass but since this trip is a girls only trip, not a big deal. lol, still haven't been able to get one of those.

DfromATX

so today was my 60 day window. My main concern was getting Pandora fop, which I did get but not until early evening 6:45. I really don't do a lot of ADR's anymore so I didn't have to worry about trying to line them up with a meal.
I still could not get a frozen fast pass but since this trip is a girls only trip, not a big deal. lol, still haven't been able to get one of those.

Just curious, is your Animal Kingdom day your last park day? How many different times were you able to choose from? We're going in June so my FP day isn't until April, but FOP is also what I'm worried about. I'm surprised about Frozen. On our last trip we had no problems getting that one or the mine train.

Herdman

Curious here too. What day of your trip were you trying to get FoP FP's for?

eliza61nyc

Curious here too. What day of your trip were you trying to get FoP FP's for?

HI guys
So this is a short trip with the girlfriends. I actually did get the Pandora fast passes for both Saturday and Sunday. I'll probably cancel the sunday ones as we are doing AK on Saturday.

Animal kingdom is not the last day of our trip, we sort of have a tradition. start and end with Magic Kingdom. I did have a lot of times to choose from with FOP but they were all in the late afternoon/early evening. I grabbed a 445 pm one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom