Fun Fact Thread!

Brer Panther

Original Poster
I wasn't sure where else to put this...
In this game, we each post a fun fact about a Disney movie, TV show, or attraction. I'll start.

1) Patrick Stewart turned down the part of Jafar from "Aladdin" and regrets it to this day.

OliveMcFly

The Haunted Mansion (WDW) design was based on The Harry Packer Mansion in Jim Thorpe, PA. I went to high school close to this town and seeing this house in person is amazing!
y1pHODdMP9uxl79SDLd8o-1SYhRqExzPnUbGFWH7DOcQupni2hrhRbus-YRyvzpg3cP2TJ5P3_f6QQ

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
One Hundred and One Dalmatians was Disney's very first animated feature to be produced exclusively using Xerography (the process had been tested for small parts of Sleeping Beauty, but that movie was mostly hand inked). With xerography, the animators' drawings could be directly transferred onto a cel rather than having it be traced. It was not only more accurate-- what appeared on an animator's page would now actually appear on screen-- but also more cost effective. Rather than having people painstakingly hand trace a cel, it would be quickly transferred. The only downsides to xerography were outlines had to be black and the animation often appeared to be lower quality. Xerography would last until 1989 when it was last used in The Little Mermaid. It was replaced by the Computer Animation Production System (CAPS) in 1990 starting with The Rescuers Down Under.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom