Fuming

Erika

Original Poster
I am so mad right now, I am literally sitting here with tears streaming down my face. Why is it that some people just can't respect other people's property?

Some of you know that my husband and I bought a house 4 years ago and he has redone every single room- I don't mean new paint and carpeting- I mean the entire place has been gutted. We've done it with the intention of selling next year. We finally got around to the outside (windows & siding) a few months ago and now there are 2 holes in the front of our house: a BB gunshot through one of the windows, and another one right into the siding which has left a nickel-sized hole right next to the front door. You can't miss it.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but the thing is, John works 50 hours a week (hard physical labor) and then spends his evenings and weekends working on the house. He has put so much work into it, and we have struggled so hard to be able to afford all of it, and now right when we think we're just about done, somebody goes and does something like this. That's valuable time that he sacrificed that he could have spent having fun, or seeing our friends, or even just being with me.

John spends 3 weekends doing the front of the house and some loser takes 5 seconds to aim, fire, and ruin it. Thanks a lot :mad:

I know there are far worse things in life, and this is minor, really. But I've watched him work so hard these past years. He saw the hole in the siding a few weeks ago and was a little upset. When I tell him about the window he is going to be crushed.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Erika
I am so mad right now, I am literally sitting here with tears streaming down my face. Why is it that some people just can't respect other people's property?

Some of you know that my husband and I bought a house 4 years ago and he has redone every single room- I don't mean new paint and carpeting- I mean the entire place has been gutted. We've done it with the intention of selling next year. We finally got around to the outside (windows & siding) a few months ago and now there are 2 holes in the front of our house: a BB gunshot through one of the windows, and another one right into the siding which has left a nickel-sized hole right next to the front door. You can't miss it.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but the thing is, John works 50 hours a week (hard physical labor) and then spends his evenings and weekends working on the house. He has put so much work into it, and we have struggled so hard to be able to afford all of it, and now right when we think we're just about done, somebody goes and does something like this. That's valuable time that he sacrificed that he could have spent having fun, or seeing our friends, or even just being with me.

John spends 3 weekends doing the front of the house and some loser takes 5 seconds to aim, fire, and ruin it. Thanks a lot :mad:

I know there are far worse things in life, and this is minor, really. But I've watched him work so hard these past years. He saw the hole in the siding a few weeks ago and was a little upset. When I tell him about the window he is going to be crushed.

Damn kids...that just es me off...see, it's always the good people that get crapped on :mad:

pinkrose

Bless your heart :( We've caught kids around here aiming bb guns at our houses too. It totally ticks me off that kids think it's ok to go around damaging what others work hard for (and "at"). My next door neighbor had her glass patio table shattered by those same kids throwing rocks over her fence into her yard. Last time we saw them, my husband called the police. Haven't seen them since (NOW that I said that, they'll be around today).

I'm so sorry that's happened to you. :( Parent's need to teach their kids better. If you see them around or catch them, make sure and call the police.

Erika

Original Poster
I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow, but for now-

I HATE EVERYONE!

332.gif

JBSLJames

So sorry to hear about the damage Erika. I hope you guys are able to proceed with your plans to get out of the area and into something else. Again, sorry to hear about it.

GB.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Erika
I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow, but for now-

I HATE EVERYONE!

332.gif

Even wittle ol me? :cry:

It's just a good thing it hit the house and not you or John...I mean, he may have shot an eye out...kid :lookaroun

(just trying to cheer you up)

Erika

Original Poster
ha ha, nice reference! Poor little Ralphie and his broken glasses!

At least where we're moving, it's going to be warm, so if our windows get shot out there it won't be such a beal deal :p

MouseMadness

Here, here, Dan!!

That happened to us when we were living in Toledo. It was a crappy apartment, though, but I was still REALLY ed when we had to pay for it. I finally got our landlords to agree to go half-sies. Thing is, it was a garage window, they were shooting RIGHT where I parked my van! Think if I'd been getting the kids in the car when they decided to have their "harmless fun." Oh, I caught the little ________ heads right in the act, but of course their mommies refused to punish the lil' punkins, and the cops were pretty much useless in this situation. (notice, would be flamers, I said "in this situation" and hush)

Just remembering that has made me MAD!!

:mad:

Erika

Original Poster
Originally posted by MouseMadness
Here, here, Dan!!

That happened to us when we were living in Toledo. It was a crappy apartment, though, but I was still REALLY ed when we had to pay for it. I finally got our landlords to agree to go half-sies. Thing is, it was a garage window, they were shooting RIGHT where I parked my van! Think if I'd been getting the kids in the car when they decided to have their "harmless fun."

That's another thing here, too- if someone was sitting on the couch, they would have got it right in the head.

I guess now I can identify that horrible sound that was coming from the vaccuum cleaner. :lookaroun Looks like I s u c ked up a BB! Too bad I didn't notice the hole BEFORE vaccuuming, or I could have looked for the souvenir.

My neighbors are all really nice people but there are some kids around the corner that always seem to be getting into trouble. Maybe it's some of them, or their friends. :(

SpongeScott

Sorry to hear about this, Erika. But remember this: one day, don't know when, don't know how, payback will come to them in some form or fashion. Small consolation, but count your blessings that no one was hurt or that it wasn't worse than it is. Hang in there for us! :kiss: :wave:

tigsmom

Erika, I'm so sorry. Why is it some people just have to ruin other people's things? Thank god neither of you were hurt. Please be careful, they may just come back.

PhotoDave219

Sorry to hear. Sad reflection of our society. Kinda makes you want to cause grevious bodily harm to people. I seem to see these types of bad behavior on a day in/day out basis of late....

Once when my cat got xrayed, we found a BB tucked in some rolls of fat. Now last i checked, Cats dont automatically come with BBs...

SirNim

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Once when my cat got xrayed, we found a BB tucked in some rolls of fat. Now last i checked, Cats dont automatically come with BBs...
:eek:

_______ _______ _______ _______ !

(insert your own words)

That's terrible! :mad: :cry: :(

And so is all the hard work, time, and effort spoiled with a bb shot through the window of your house, Erika! Hmph... What a world. :mad: :fork:

TiggerBW

Erika, I'm so sorry! That is terrible.
As a teacher, I blame this stupid kids' act on bad parenting. Why should kids have BB guns anyway? Especially if they haven't proved that they are responsible! Kids in my class get away with lots of stupid things thanks to their parents.
That is just so horrible. I feel bad for the two of you with all the hard work you put into your house. :(
It's good to vent...........I hope this helps ya!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom