Fulton's Crab House Closing for Six Months to become Paddlefish

Dr.GrantSeeker

Is it safe to assume that this is only going to be walk up dining only for right now? I'm going to be in the area and may want to check it out.

brihow

I ran across a construction lien for this project for "furnished labor, services, and materials for flooring and wall tile work" for a total of $480,432.33

are you surprised by how much that is or how little? Good quality building/decor is expensive...beautiful, quality restaurant chairs can be $200 or $300 and up....each. Also just the fee for the design firm could be a good part of that total cost.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
are you surprised by how much that is or how little? Good quality building/decor is expensive...beautiful, quality restaurant chairs can be $200 or $300 and up....each. Also just the fee for the design firm could be a good part of that total cost.

It was just data provided without comment. I figured people would use it to promote their own personal agendas in any way they wished. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Pictures are starting to show up on Twitter.

Capture.JPG

MarkTwain

I want to like it... But it's more minimalist than I would expect to find inside an old-fashioned paddle boat. It looks like conference room or restaurant at a mid-tier hotel.

The third photo looks the most upscale and elegant of the three (as in, matching the restaurant's price point). The tile wall seems odd though, and kind of like a low-budget Captain D's-style attempt at suggesting a vaguely "seafood" environment.

Am I being too critical...? :confused: I almost feel guilty criticizing so many new features at the Springs so soon after opening. But the interior seems like such a mismatch for the restaurant's exterior and concept, and way more sparsely themed than I would expect to see at a Disney property. And especially for that price point.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I want to like it... But it's more minimalist than I would expect to find inside an old-fashioned paddle boat. It looks like conference room or restaurant at a mid-tier hotel.

The third photo looks the most upscale and elegant of the three (as in, matching the restaurant's price point). The tile wall seems odd though, and kind of like a low-budget Captain D's-style attempt at suggesting a vaguely "seafood" environment.

Am I being too critical...? :confused: I almost feel guilty criticizing so many new features at the Springs so soon after opening. But the interior seems like such a mismatch for the restaurant's exterior and concept, and way more sparsely themed than I would expect to see at a Disney property. And especially for that price point.

It really comes down to what you think of the design approach. The old design was about making you feel you where actually on a paddle boat. The new design goes with the Disney Springs re-use concept where this is a docked river board that has been re-purposed into a restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom