Fulton's Crab House Closing for Six Months to become Paddlefish

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Jan 24. As @articos mentioned earlier, the wooden deck installed around most of the ship was not permanent. Workmen were removing it today.

IMG_9098.JPG

Note the tables and chairs stacked on the foredeck.

IMG_9104.JPG

New stain on the wooden trim is quite striking, and all over the outside of the ship.

IMG_9099.JPG

IMG_9101.JPG

A new coating has appeared on the "faux" deck at the landing. This seems to be a "test strip" to see how it looks.

IMG_9100.JPG

TheOrangeBird01

On the menu in the crab section where it says DD+22 does that mean Disney Dining plus $22? So one table service credit and then money on top of that or am I just reading this incorrectly?

MarkTwain

It's surprising how similar in theme and price point this will be to the Boathouse right next door. It really seems like one or the other should try to reach a different crowd with a more different (probably more affordable) menu, since I can't believe there's people enough to fill up these two restaurants but also STK, Morimoto, etc. But then most of them do seem busy... Maybe I'm just not in the target demographic for the new Disney Springs.

flyerjab

We are not locals, but we go to WDW multiple times each year. Ever since Downtown Disney became Disney Springs, we almost never eat in the parks anymore, at least for TS.

Honestly, we would eat at the resorts for our nice meal each day more so than the parks. Now? Aside from Tiffins, we go to DS a lot for our big meal of the day. It has even changed our plans regarding resorts. We usually stay in at least 2 resorts each trip. With DS almost fully completed, Saratoga Springs is now higher on our list of resorts.

TimeTrip

Annnd the oysters look to be similar in pricing to Boathouse at 3.33 per at a batch of 6. Betting that if they have a la carte oysters, they'll be 4$ for most. Just like Boathouse. Guess we'll see!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan. 28. The construction walls are down around Paddlefish. Looks like a soft opening soon, or at least an opening for invited guests. Behind the plant barriers is a wide entrance pier, not the original narrow walkway.

IMG_9113.JPG

Tables and chairs are set up outside on both the lower and top decks. Notice the new wood trim being installed around the lower deck, which will probably be stained dark to match the current trim.

IMG_9114.JPG

Rope lighting on the walkways and stairs.

IMG_9115.JPG

Upper deck seating and plant containers.

IMG_9117.JPG

surfsupdon

Annnd the oysters look to be similar in pricing to Boathouse at 3.33 per at a batch of 6. Betting that if they have a la carte oysters, they'll be 4$ for most. Just like Boathouse. Guess we'll see!
I'm a shucker at my summer employment (I teach for 180 days during the school year) and I've been shucking for 18 years. For a quality oyster, that is the going rate. It is not high. It's fair.

TimeTrip

I'm a shucker at my summer employment (I teach for 180 days during the school year) and I've been shucking for 18 years. For a quality oyster, that is the going rate. It is not high. It's fair.
Still feels pricey to me for a shucked raw oyster with nothing else added. Had some of the best oysters I've ever had in San Francisco at Hog Island Oyster over by the Ferry terminal and they weren't over $3 an oyster. So $4 in Orlando feels high.
Of course if i want bang for the buck there are the steals over at Lee and Ricks :).

surfsupdon

Still feels pricey to me for a shucked raw oyster with nothing else added. Had some of the best oysters I've ever had in San Francisco at Hog Island Oyster over by the Ferry terminal and they weren't over $3 an oyster. So $4 in Orlando feels high.
Of course if i want bang for the buck there are the steals over at Lee and Ricks :).
Rite, I don't understand it either, but the price is high. I know in our fish mkt/dinner eatery, shucking oysters is a service bc the majority of people cannot do it, and there is a risk of serious injury. I've seen the injury happen. Plus it really slows down your kitchen. Either way, the oysters at WDW are comparable to the oysters here at the Jersey Shore in the summer.and again, I think it's too high a price point, but it's fair to the general market condition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom