Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

Mindy55

I can assure you, I am acutely aware of the definitions pertaining to personal principles vs passionate opinions / beliefs. Your attempt at baiting me with the idea I either “can’t or won’t share” could only mean I’m confused 🙄 is condescending at best. I’m not taking your bait. The irony displayed here is palpable.

Club Cooloholic

I can assure you, I am acutely aware of the definitions pertaining to personal principles vs passionate opinions / beliefs. Your attempt at baiting me with the idea I either “can’t or won’t share” could only mean I’m confused 🙄 is condescending at best. I’m not taking your bait. The irony displayed here is palpable.
Well you said you and your family are vaccinated, but you cancelled your cruise because of some sort of principal? I was seriously trying to understand what that principal was. That putting people on a ship in close quarters with a highly contagious disease that can be highly mitigated by vaccination and thus a private company requiring vaccines is something you just can't condone, I guess I am dumbfounded what principals can be made to come to that conclusion. If anything I would hope requiring vaccines might open the door to no masks on the ship in the future. My local school also requires various vaccinations for children to attend...I guess your principals would go against that too.
A person talking about their principals and then pointing fingers and calling people condescending just because they asked them to explain them..that's pretty ironic indeed.

Last edited:

ChuckElias

Well you said you and your family are vaccinated, but you cancelled your cruise because of some sort of principal? I was seriously trying to understand what that principal was. That putting people on a ship in close quarters with a highly contagious disease that can be highly mitigated by vaccination and thus a private company requiring vaccines is something you just can't condone, I guess I am dumbfounded what principals can be made to come to that conclusion.

Mindy's issue (as far as my understanding) is not about being vaccinated, but is about DCL's mandate to be vaccinated. She doesn't think a private company should compel people to be vaccinated before using their product.

Personally, I would like to see this particular topic die a quick death within this thread. Nobody is going to convince anybody else that their position is right or wrong by arguing about it in a discussion forum. Mindy's out on cruising DCL for now. Let's just say "Godspeed and stay healthy" and leave it that. JMO

peter11435

Mindy's issue (as far as my understanding) is not about being vaccinated, but is about DCL's mandate to be vaccinated. She doesn't think a private company should compel people to be vaccinated before using their product.

Personally, I would like to see this particular topic die a quick death within this thread. Nobody is going to convince anybody else that their position is right or wrong by arguing about it in a discussion forum. Mindy's out on cruising DCL for now. Let's just say "Godspeed and stay healthy" and leave it that. JMO
Mindy needs to realize that it has nothing to do with the private company. DCL’s mandate to be vaccinated exists because they wouldn’t be able to sail otherwise. The mandate is due to governments not a private company.

MIA Disney Gal

I think that is where a lot of people are misinformed about the truth. The Bahamian government mandated that anyone exiting a ship at one of their islands, including the private islands like Castaway Cay, MUST be vaccinated. It wasn't Disney making the decisions, but you are acting like they had a choice, when they did not have a choice. Well, ok, they could have chosen to not sail at all, but that certainly isn't a choice at all for a cruise line.
Just to clarify, this is not accurate. The Bahamian law only requires ages 12 and older on cruise ships to be vaccinated. After that, yes, you have to be on an excursion if not vaccinated for ports of calls, but not the private islands. After DCL made their announcement, Celebrity Cruises made a similar one, only to place it "on hold" a week later. Was told by someone who works there, they didn't expect as many cancellations as they got. And Celebrity is not known as a family cruise line.
I had 2 cruises booked on DCL and we have since cancelled and moved to Royal. I know I'm not alone as many in our Facebook Groups did the same. I still have my Disney Wish cruise booked for now, but if this mandate isn't lifted, we will cancel. On the brightside, we are on 2 of Royal's brand new ships and were able to upgrade our stateroom categories.

twall0415

We’re currwntly onboard the Fantasy and we can tell the noticeable difference in the crowd level. I personally think it is the right call but that’s just me. I can’t speak for others beliefs. I can say I’ve never had a more enjoyable cruise from a crowd level perspective.

EOD K9

We’re currwntly onboard the Fantasy and we can tell the noticeable difference in the crowd level. I personally think it is the right call but that’s just me. I can’t speak for others beliefs. I can say I’ve never had a more enjoyable cruise from a crowd level perspective.
I have two cruises on DCL this summer. Can you get an unofficial feeling for any staff how they feel the summer will go?

twall0415

I have two cruises on DCL this summer. Can you get an unofficial feeling for any staff how they feel the summer will go?
So this was our second Disney cruise during Covid. The first was back in September. The sentiments have been consistent and they feel like cruising will be different for a while with masks and all the additional Covid measures. We got the feeling that lower capacity will still be a major concern. But everyone was just happy to be back on board and working. Hope this helped.

EOD K9

So this was our second Disney cruise during Covid. The first was back in September. The sentiments have been consistent and they feel like cruising will be different for a while with masks and all the additional Covid measures. We got the feeling that lower capacity will still be a major concern. But everyone was just happy to be back on board and working. Hope this helped.
Thanks for your reply. I can deal with reduced crowds and masks. I, like many, don’t want another cancellation.

Club Cooloholic

Kids club hours are still limited, yes?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Update beginning September 2nd -

Beginning September 2, 2022, for sailings departing US and Canadian ports, Disney Cruise Line will require Guests ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, as defined by the CDC. In consideration of CDC guidance, Disney Cruise Line highly recommends that Guests ages 11 and younger be fully vaccinated before sailing.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Beginning September 2, 2022, for sailings departing US and Canadian ports, Disney Cruise Line will require Guests ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, as defined by the CDC. In consideration of CDC guidance, Disney Cruise Line highly recommends that Guests ages 11 and younger be fully vaccinated before sailing.

Fascinating. I thought for sure we'd see a tightening of the vaccination requirements and a loosening or elimination of testing, but they went the other direction.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Just got the email in this. They still require pre cruise testing for vaccinated. Boo
B01F78C1-4900-4659-9AAF-7E3285FEFF86.jpeg

wannabeBelle

Not a tremendous change considering the changes by some of the other big lines like Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and the other lines under their companies. I think Disney is just waiting to see what happens and what arrangements other lines can make with other countries before doing anything further. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom