FuelRod

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes and no.

There are much better quality portable chargers on the market with higher capacity that also support quick charging, but you can't just exchange them at a Fuel Rod station.

Something like an Anker PowerCore 20100 will charge most smart phones from zero to full 5-7 times on a single charge. It also supports fast charging and can be had for about $40.

If size is an issue the Anker PowerCore 5000 is the same size as a fuel rod, supports fast charging, will charge your average smart phone twice and costs only $15.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yes and no.

There are much better quality portable chargers on the market with higher capacity that also support quick charging, but you can't just exchange them at a Fuel Rod station.

Something like an Anker PowerCore 20100 will charge most smart phones from zero to full 5-7 times on a single charge. It also supports fast charging and can be had for about $40.

If size is an issue the Anker PowerCore 5000 is the same size as a fuel rod, supports fast charging, will charge your average smart phone twice and costs only $15.
You arent helping my Fuelrod stock any.....

Upvote 0

yensid67

Hey Scritchell.... if ya need a good quick charger for phone or camera...check out 20000MhZ POCKET JUICE from Walmart for about $33.00

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Yes and no.

I second the ANKER. We just got one to take with us when we head down to the World next week. First time using one, but they support Quick Charge which was the selling points. Wife and I have Pixel Xls and Daughter has a Iphone 8 i believe. Should keep us going.

Upvote 0

Minthorne

I think a big problem with the FuelRods is they are being constantly recharged in the stations more often than the average charger and reach a point of reduced capacity faster than average use batteries.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think a big problem with the FuelRods is they are being constantly recharged in the stations more often than the average charger and reach a point of reduced capacity faster than average use batteries.
That was the issue we ran into with them. About a quarter of the ones we got back either did not have a full charge or flat out did not work.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Since I don't think anyone clarified this, the price is to buy the FuelRod. The FuelRod program entitles you to swap the device for a newly charged one at any point from any FuelRod machine. I believe that WDW costs more than some other locations, so if you really want a FuelRod you may luck out to buy it elsewhere and just swap it out while at WDW. But as PPs said, you can buy chargers that are just as good if not better for less money. You just need to charge it at night after you use it instead of just swapping it out in a machine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom