Frozen Ever After opening day

This ride is down more than the usual hiccup. I tried going in Thursday, it was down almost all day until 3 when I finally left. Today, was there at 9AM. Ride was down by 10:30. Went back up at 11:50AM at which point we got in the fast pass line. Two boats later, down for two hours. We waited because we were the first to load in the que. Finally rode at 2:15. Twenty minutes after we got off, down again. It's now 6PM and it isn't back up. And it isn't just closed to stand by. It's closed to all guests. They were also only loading the middle two rows. No one could have the front. Cast members said the front row was an issue. 4-5 guests per boat. Disney was great though. They gave us a handful of fast passes, coloring pages and crayons, chips, waters. As much as we wanted. I have to say management handled it as best they could. I'm usually the first to complain about WDW recently, but I really applaud them. It was our decision to stay in the line so they really did not have to do anything for us. But from the issues I've personally witnessed in the park, this ride should not be open.

WDWBryan

Yeah I was not expecting for it to be down all. At least I got to see what happens when you have a fast pass for an unavailable ride. you can use it on any other fast pass attraction

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

This ride is down more than the usual hiccup. I tried going in Thursday, it was down almost all day until 3 when I finally left. Today, was there at 9AM. Ride was down by 10:30. Went back up at 11:50AM at which point we got in the fast pass line. Two boats later, down for two hours. We waited because we were the first to load in the que. Finally rode at 2:15. Twenty minutes after we got off, down again. It's now 6PM and it isn't back up. And it isn't just closed to stand by. It's closed to all guests. They were also only loading the middle two rows. No one could have the front. Cast members said the front row was an issue. 4-5 guests per boat. Disney was great though. They gave us a handful of fast passes, coloring pages and crayons, chips, waters. As much as we wanted. I have to say management handled it as best they could. I'm usually the first to complain about WDW recently, but I really applaud them. It was our decision to stay in the line so they really did not have to do anything for us. But from the issues I've personally witnessed in the park, this ride should not be open.

IF you got some data....

Do you know the NATURE of the ride failure? Boats screwing up? Animatronics down? Just curious - design flaw, or "entertainment" flaw?

Mike S

And I think TDO was very smart to do that. FEA is like that Frozen short "Frozen Fever". A little visit with the characters from the movie, not a re-telling of the plot. Very well done and very charming. I think the ride narrative for FEA is excellent, considering all the constraints and limitations that were always there in Maelstrom. I'm with others here - think of what the Imagineers could have done with a whole new ride building designed specifically for Frozen. Guess we'll have to go to Tokyo to find THAT out..
...or Disneyland.
I would rather have a very good ride open now, than potentially an even better ride open 10 years from now.
It wouldn't be 10 years.

At least, for the other parks it wouldn't be.
Looks like I was extremely lucky then. I got first row and barely any problems except for the fog effects seemingly not as intense as I've seen in the videos.

aladdin2007

Can't believe I'm even bothering posting this but.... "When I phoned to amend our booking for next year a couple of weeks ago I mentioned about going Oct/Nov this year and the lady I spoke to said RoL would definitely be on by then and she also mentioned about a Frozen themed restaurant/character dining by summer next year x" Someone just posted this in a Disney FB group. It just seems like their either making it up or that cast member was highly misinformed. I have no doubt ROL will be up by the end of the year, but this all seems unlikely that it came from a CM on Disney's booking.

I would not be surprised to see akershus turned into a frozen character meal, (like they dont have enough frozen already at this point?)..but have heard rumblings of this for awhile...or maybe thats in reference to somewhere else but can't imagine where?

Kate F

I started a conversation about the ride with Phil last night (big mistake I know) and...let me just quote what he said to me regarding this rides capacity...

Phil: "For sure the ride has a very low capacity but Disney decided it was enough for their purpose. They could have built a new ride in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion or the Energy Pavilion. Both of those areas are tremendously under utilized and have tremendous capacity. Obviously Disney didn't like that idea but, of course, for Frozen fans a huge new pavilion would have been perfect."

...I'm at a loss for words.

Jeremy Geertsema

There definitely must be something up with the boats or something. All the on-ride photos I've seen so far have only had like 1-2 people in each row. Yesterday must've been there best day though, the wait times were pretty low!

Phil12

There definitely must be something up with the boats or something. All the on-ride photos I've seen so far have only had like 1-2 people in each row. Yesterday must've been there best day though, the wait times were pretty low!
Those boats are 28 years old and have been out of the water for almost two years. Once loaded down with guests, the boats might have absorbed more water than they calculated and caused a strain on the ride system. Or, it could be sabotage by a group of militant Maelstrom marauders.

Baloo62

This ride is down more than the usual hiccup. I tried going in Thursday, it was down almost all day until 3 when I finally left. Today, was there at 9AM. Ride was down by 10:30. Went back up at 11:50AM at which point we got in the fast pass line. Two boats later, down for two hours. We waited because we were the first to load in the que. Finally rode at 2:15. Twenty minutes after we got off, down again. It's now 6PM and it isn't back up. And it isn't just closed to stand by. It's closed to all guests. They were also only loading the middle two rows. No one could have the front. Cast members said the front row was an issue. 4-5 guests per boat.
That is pathetic and completely inexcusable. Maybe Diz needs to stick to spinner rides and M&Gs. If this is the standard by which Star Wars and Avatar will perform, lotsa luck.

Sped2424

The ride is breaking down everyday several times a day for long periods of time. I was trying to ride it on Saturday only for it to break down 1.15 hours into my wait for them to close the ride and call it a night.

MagicHappens1971

That is pathetic and completely inexcusable. Maybe Diz needs to stick to spinner rides and M&Gs. If this is the standard by which Star Wars and Avatar will perform, lotsa luck.
You do know that every other BRAND NEW ride works fine, but usually has kinks. Mine Train had a ton of issues and it was brand new. Frozen Ever After is using 28 year old boats, while it Disney's fault, when they want to create quality attractions they can. They just didn't feel that they should replace the boats.

Goofyernmost

You do know that every other BRAND NEW ride works fine, but usually has kinks. Mine Train had a ton of issues and it was brand new. Frozen Ever After is using 28 year old boats, while it Disney's fault, when they want to create quality attractions they can. They just didn't feel that they should replace the boats.
So that is what they should do and should have done when we don't really even know what the problem is? The chances are that there are multiple reasons why it would break down. Be it AA's or the mechanics of stopping the boat and making it slide to the right and then go forward. Yes, that is what the old one did but there is a good chance that the setup is new. The other one was over 30 years old.

I was just on Ratatouille in Disneyland Paris and made three attempts in one day to ride it. After spending time in line it broke down just as I got to the loading area and that is a ride that has been around for awhile. I know exactly what happened.... It broke! Stuff happens.

RSoxNo1

Princess rides should be contained in the castle parks. Princesses are an invasive species with no natural predators outside the castle parks. Look what happened in WS. Years ago, they planted one little princess seed in the restaurant in Norway. Now look at what it has grown into. It's like Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors.
Phenomenal.

Pam Hates Penguins

You're right, Frozen would be GREAT in the Asia section of Disney's Animal Kingdom.

No.
Picture1.jpg

Baloo62

I respect your response, but something that can't run more than three consecutive hours has more than kinks. I might cut them some slack if they didn't have two freakin' years to re-theme a minor ride and get their crap together. This is an embarrassment. Heads should roll.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom