Frozen Ever After opening day

DisneyDebRob

The fact that this ride exists is such a shame, indeed. Bring on the strobe lights!
I think this is the earliest in Disney's history since opening a ride, someone asked when the strobe lights are coming. I would laugh if I believed there was no truth to it. Is it really that hard to keep up with the aa's that break down? I understand this just opened, my question is more for the other rides through the parks. It's really a shame.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think this is the earliest in Disney's history since opening a ride, someone asked when the strobe lights are coming. I would laugh if I believed there was no truth to it. Is it really that hard to keep up with the aa's that break down? I understand this just opened, my question is more for the other rides through the parks. It's really a shame.

The AAs on 7DMT seem to be holding up just fine from what I have seen. Don't see why these would be any different once they get any glitches worked out.

DisneyDebRob

The AAs on 7DMT seem to be holding up just fine from what I have seen. Don't see why these would be any different once they get any glitches worked out.
Really hope your right. That is one ride that they are but with EE, IASW,SM, etc. I still don't understand why they sometimes go days, let alone months, or years. Money as the answer doesn't fly anymore.

flyakite

FYI .....Had 2:35 FP today. No line for FP outside the building. Boarded the boat in less than ten minutes. The standby line was only lining up along the center planter outside the big troll statute store. Standby wait was 70 minutes. M&G was a 15 minute wait. No crazy crowds and calm day.

Phil12

1. I don't hate Frozen

2. I don't miss Maelstrom

3. I'm not against rides in World Showcase.

Did the TWDC give us their best effort of a premium Frozen attraction in Florida where park admissionis an absolute premium price?

Is the ride not an operational and capacity nightmare?

I'll await your response which will no doubt be more innacruate nonsense.
The object is to separate the money from the customers. The ginormous crowds and wait times are self evident of its success. But I'm sorry you're not happy with the attraction. Perhaps Avatar will be more to your liking?

Mike S

The object is to separate the money from the customers. The ginormous crowds and wait times are self evident of its success. But I'm sorry you're not happy with the attraction. Perhaps Avatar will be more to your liking?
That's because I think the quality is just fine. As a matter of fact, the quality is better than I expected! If I were you I'd prepare myself for many more disappointments.
image.jpeg

PhotoDave219

Re-posting this breakdown...

25-30 seconds as a dispatch interval seems to still be the bottleneck, but I don't know if there are other hold points between the track switches. The switch itself shouldn't take that long, but if another boat can't be in the flume between the two track switches then that section would be the bottleneck. Here is the timing of the various components on Blog Mickey's video:
  • 2:39 - Doors open to Let It Go scene
  • 2:51 - Vehicle stops at Elsa
  • 2:59 - Vehicle starts backwards drop/section
  • 3:25 - Icy blast transitions out of the Let It Go scene
  • 3:51 - Vehicle stops at Marshmallow track switch
  • 3:57 - Vehicle travels forward down hill
  • 4:09 - Bottom of hill

If I had to guess I'd say that the speakers approaching Elsa and prior to the backwards drop kick off right as the boat starts going backwards and you only hear speakers playing the song from speakers near you. That would mean that the loop you hear through the speakers in the Elsa scene is only about 20 seconds.

Even based on that, I still dont see how they can get past 1000/hr.

joup7

In regards to ratatouille "not not happening". I think that means that it is being considered. Not definitely gonna happen but it's not a false rumor either.

csmat99

As many people have pointed out before this ride had no business going in this spot. They knew it would be a very popular ride and even with expanding the ride a little there is no way it can avoid long waits. Yes, maybe in 6-8 months it will get a little better but it will always have long waits and be frustrating to guests. And to make matters worse they put it in a park that hasn't had anything "new" since Mission Space over 10 years ago so there is nothing to help with pulling guests to other areas of the park. I don't even want to think how this area is going to be like when food and wine starts up you won't be even able to walk by Norway. It's sad because from what I hear it's a well done ride.

Pam Hates Penguins

As many people have pointed out before this ride had no business going in this spot. They knew it would be a very popular ride and even with expanding the ride a little there is no way it can avoid long waits. Yes, maybe in 6-8 months it will get a little better but it will always have long waits and be frustrating to guests. And to make matters worse they put it in a park that hasn't had anything "new" since Mission Space over 10 years ago so there is nothing to help with pulling guests to other areas of the park. I don't even want to think how this area is going to be like when food and wine starts up you won't be even able to walk by Norway. It's sad because from what I hear it's a well done ride.

I totally agree with you. But it still bothers me they couldn't find a place in the Magic Kingdom for it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom