Frozen Ever After at Rope drop

casadez

Original Poster
Has anyone ever done rope drop at Epcot and headed straight to Frozen Ever after? what can we expect to do this? How early should we arrive at Epcot?
We are staying off property and our FP+ reservations dont open up for a few more days. we are thinking it unlikely we will be able to get 5 FP+ passes for our family only 30 days out.

My initial idea was do rope drop for FEA. My 2 year old is too little to ride TT and Soarin, so we plan to utilized Rider Swap with these. Was thinking of doing FP+ for half the group with TT (with rider swap to let the rest of the family ride after) and then making the other half of the group FP+ with Soarin (with rider swap after). Thinking this way line maybe wouldn't be too long at FEA at rope drop and then we get FP for both TT and Soarin

HolleBolleGijs

I did it on Friday. We weren't right at the front for rope drop (probably about 25ish people back), and when we got to Frozen we waited about 15 minutes. Granted we were two adults, so we were able to get to Norway pretty fast.

casadez

Original Poster
I did it on Friday. We weren't right at the front for rope drop (probably about 25ish people back), and when we got to Frozen we waited about 15 minutes. Granted we were two adults, so we were able to get to Norway pretty fast.

How early did you arrive at Epcot prior to opening? Thanks!

sjhym333

My son went on Sunday. He got to EPCOT 30 mins before rope drop and was up front at Rope Drop. He went directly to Frozen and was on in 5 mins. He said when he got out the wait time was already posted at 40 mins

JillC LI

Can you go to early EMH at EPCOT? We did that 3 weeks ago. At 8am we went straight to FEA. It was having a delayed opening but we waited on the tiny line for 10 minutes and luckily it opened. When we got out, we went straight to TT (stil during early EMH). TT had also had a delayed opening but was just opening then so we got on with a 10 minute wait. Then we went to Soarin' and rode once on the standby queue with a 10 minute wait, and then we used our Soarin' FP+s at 9:30am to ride again. You can always get a lot done during early EMH assuming any delayed openings aren't too delayed.

disneygeek90

Does anyone know what the status of this ride is at 9am after an extra morning hour? My friend is coming from out of town to visit, and I am local so don't need to stay at the resorts. If we get there 8:30/8:45, what would the line look like if EMH started at 8? We are planning on going this Thursday, if that makes any difference...

Diesel Dan

We did the rope drop thing on Tuesday Feb 21. Arrived at park a half hour early. Waited under Spaceship earth for the rope drop. At about 8:55 am it dropped, briskly walked to Frozen, line looked pretty big out the door. Standby time said 20 minutes (at 9:05 arrival) We were on the ride in about 20 minutes, when we got off the ride it was a 45 minute standby wait. So all in all it worked out fine for us. The ride is short but a lot of fun! Well done Disney!

DisneyBall60

This is probably a silly question.

I was going to rope drop Frozen but I notice World Showcase is opening at 11am. Frozen is in Norway so does this mean I cant go directly to the ride at 9am? Surely this is not the case.

Thanks

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
This is probably a silly question.

I was going to rope drop Frozen but I notice World Showcase is opening at 11am. Frozen is in Norway so does this mean I cant go directly to the ride at 9am? Surely this is not the case.

Thanks

Norway and Mexico pavilions open with the front end of the park. The rest of World Showcase opens at 11 am.

jgj123

We did Frozen during EMH at night during the fireworks shortly after 9. Had a 10 minute wait at most while they still had 75 minutes posted at the entrance. So that's an option if you're staying on the grounds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom