'Frozen' characters join the 2015 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival as it enters its 22nd year

jensenrick

Talk about a clash in 'theme'.....

Elsa is going to kill off all the pretty plants with her icy powers, as most folks are aware of frost being enemy #1 to flowers!

What the fluff....?
How do 'Frozen' characters tie into springtime and growing fauna?
:confused:

Uh, about as much as any of the other topiaries do.

It's just two more princesses amongst the field- they won't kill you.

Matt_Black

I'm beginning to think they don't have any other blockbuster in the works for the near future so they keep trying to squeeze everything they can out of this one.

Well, in two weeks Big Hero 6 has almost made back it's production budget, and as the holiday movie going gets into full swing, I'm think it might crack $200 million here in the states. Certainly, it's going to make A LOT in the foreign markets that it hasn't premiered in yet.

Kman101

Exactly. As sped said, it's a topiary. Considering how many characters have gotten topiaries, I fail to see the issue. I guess in the overall Frozen take over it's just annoying to many and not really an "issue".

Now that pin with Olaf dressed like a viking ... sigh. I think that alone made me truly hate the idea of Frozen in Maelstrom and I was trying to be open-minded about it. I still am but ugh. LOL. And I like Olaf (honestly, Anna's the annoying one. She's far better written as a character on Once Upon a Time).

NearTheEars

Ugh, can't say i'm surprised. Just a bit disappointed they keep trying to find a way to squeeze this into everything at WDW.

As an aside, can WDW do a Gamora/Star Lord M&G permanently if they wanted to? (I know they did for that DHS villains event). If so, why haven't they? It would seem like that would be a super popular addition.

Of all the things they've added Frozen to this is by far the least in your face. Tons of Disney characters are represented with topiaries. So why not these?

Now them taking over the Christmas parade, including the name, that's a bit much.

NearTheEars

... You realize that the film includes a woman with ice powers, a talking snowman, and a sleigh-driving guy and his reindeer buddy?

Edit: I should read better.

Anyway. Yes. I also think Elsa turning Cindy's castle into ice was a no brainer. I just thought it was a bit much to rename the parade. It will certainly drive up ratings, though.

Kman101

Yes, adding them to the Christmas Day parade is different then potentially basing the entire special around Frozen (and to rename the entire thing is also a bit much but I assume that is for ratings), although it's always been one long commercial for Disney World and now Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani ... Last year would have been smarter to capitalize on it's success, although I guess because they tape DL in November and WDW in Dec it probably would have been too quick of a turn around?

Nmoody1

Well, in two weeks Big Hero 6 has almost made back it's production budget, and as the holiday movie going gets into full swing, I'm think it might crack $200 million here in the states. Certainly, it's going to make A LOT in the foreign markets that it hasn't premiered in yet.

And yet it still gets very little acknowledgement from disney... You'd think they would at least try and push it a little more - have two successes running together... Instead it's just the poor relation - I'd be interested to see if they get a look in on the Xmas day frozen show. Not that I'll be watching, I am so done with frozen!

Matt_Black

And yet it still gets very little acknowledgement from disney... You'd think they would at least try and push it a little more - have two successes running together... Instead it's just the poor relation - I'd be interested to see if they get a look in on the Xmas day frozen show. Not that I'll be watching, I am so done with frozen!

They get what every movie gets when it comes out- a meet & greet with one or two of the characters. Now, if BH6 can sustain it's success, then we might get more. The parks aren't going to commit to anything unless it's profitable over a long period.

Horizons1

You guys are cute. The main display this year is going to be one giant Frozen planter...and the soundtrack will accompany that.

RSoxNo1

For people that are outraged by this, they've been cutting back on changes to the topiaries each year. These types of things are not a problem and are not worth complaining about. Putting Frozen in Norway permanently is a problem. Topiaries that are up for a few weeks are a non-issue.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Flower Power has been renamed to Garden Rocks for 2015.

Here is the lineup

• March 6-8: Gin Blossoms “Hey Jealousy”
  • March 13-15: Pablo Cruise “Love Will Find a Way”
  • March 20-22: En Vogue “Free Your Mind”
  • March 27-29: Starship “We Built This City”
  • April 3-5: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
  • April 10-12: Village People “Y.M.C.A.”
  • April 17-19: Jon Secada “Just Another Day”
  • April 24-26: The Guess Who “These Eyes”
  • May 1-3: Taylor Dayne “Tell It to My Heart”
  • May 8-10: Little River Band “Lady”
  • May 15-17: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry the VIII, I Am”

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So since Flower and Garden is like F&W Festival lite, I wonder when the menu is coming out....I really enjoyed it last year and the kiosks seemed a lot less crowded than the F&W Fest

Bcakd

Listen guys, I'm the mom of a 6 year old daughter, NO ONE is more tired of "Frozen" than my DH and I!!! But, the kiddos still love it, it's still making more money than some small countries spend in a year, and let's face it Disney is going for what makes the registers ring! Can't blame them, they are a business after all. So, let's just put on our Mickey ears and smile about the fact that this is a totally lame problem to have. I mean seriously, "Oh No! There is going to be a small tree shaped like a character that I'm tired of in the amusement park that 4 billion other people in this world can only dream of visiting"!! First World problems, indeed!

Ps: This post is not directed at anyone, just my opinion, please don't attack.

Monkee Girl

Listen guys, I'm the mom of a 6 year old daughter, NO ONE is more tired of "Frozen" than my DH and I!!! But, the kiddos still love it, it's still making more money than some small countries spend in a year, and let's face it Disney is going for what makes the registers ring! Can't blame them, they are a business after all. So, let's just put on our Mickey ears and smile about the fact that this is a totally lame problem to have. I mean seriously, "Oh No! There is going to be a small tree shaped like a character that I'm tired of in the amusement park that 4 billion other people in this world can only dream of visiting"!! First World problems, indeed!

Ps: This post is not directed at anyone, just my opinion, please don't attack.

I am not attacking, just putting out my opinion on the topic. People aren't upset at the topiary itself. Much like in the Norway thread, it's the fact that 'Frozen' keeps being the one property we keep hearing about. The change of Maelstrom, the addition of Frozen character meet and greets in Norway (I mean as a whole separate building), the Christmas parade change to Frozen, the castle lights changed to Frozen, frozen summer in the Studios. Personally, it is really starting to sound tedious to me. Tedious and over baring. I am glad the children like the movie and it's great there are things for them to do. And yes, Disney is a business and they want to sell their product. But I have no children. I go for myself. I work very hard to come to Disney every year. So it would be nice to see some things that 'I' actually enjoy be added as part of their Disney model. I mean...I am the one paying the $2000.00+ to go on the trip, not the 5 year old. All the characters I like, such as Peter Pan, Aurora (Cough in blue cough), and Pinocchio are almost no where to be seen in the scheme of things and it's frustrating. Where was the Rapunzel topiary? She, the one character with the most flowers incorporated in her story is no where to be seen at the Flower and Garden festival! Again, I have nothing really against Frozen in general, but the complete over saturation one sided-ness just comes off as very tacky, rushed, and misguided....in my opinion.

That all being said, I have no problem with the Frozen addition. Disney usually always incorporated their newest movie as part of the topiaries. Wait...did Rapunzel get a topiary? Tiana? Merida? anyway... It is a temporary addition and I think if they use a snow scheme, it will look nice. I believe they did the same for the Snow Fairy from the Tinkerbell movie. I have to see if I have a picture of it. But they used white flowers and it looked pretty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom