"Frozen" Anna and Elsa meet and greets going away?

skellitterixx

Original Poster
I know that they're in the Norway pavilion right now, but I read somewhere that they are leaving January 4th :( I hope they aren't, I'm still under Black Out dates...

AndyS2992

I know that they're in the Norway pavilion right now, but I read somewhere that they are leaving January 4th :( I hope they aren't, I'm still under Black Out dates...
Frozen has been a huge success so I doubt they will be going anywhere any time soon. Source on their removal?

Brer Josh

Where in the article does it mention their being removed?

47c68864dd1f27038c01822900bc7ccb

Shawn Slater on October 7th, 2013 at 12:11 pm
Michelle – At this time, they are only expected to appear in Norway at Epcot through January 4, 2014.

MKCP 1985

As @Andys2992 said, if they go away it won't be due to lack of popularity. On an otherwise slow day in early December, there was more than a 2 hour wait to see them. Soarin's standby line was between 45 minutes and an hour at the same point in time!

Cosmic Commando

I'm guessing that date was just a placeholder in case the movie bombed or the M&G was unpopular for some reason. It could also be the time that the movie studio marketing money runs out and P&R has to decide whether or not they want to fund it with their own money going forward. The Iron Man experience at DL was announced to be around only until early October (I believe)... coincidentally, right after the DVD was released. It's still up and running as far as I know with no announced closure date. The movie marketing budget pays for construction, cast training, etc. and the parks just have to pay maintenance and labor going forward, so it seems like a good deal, I bet.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
From the photo's I've seen there is a real bottle neck of double queues in the front of Norway entrance with only a narrow pass through now to enter the pavilion. At first blush and again from only looking a few photo's it looks like a fire hazard to exit the pavilion with the two different queues road blocking everything.

I'd hope they'd move the princesses to a less congested venue even though it is kinda fitting. Heck they could open the Millenium Pavilion for them, it is vast and could be quite grandly decorated given the draw, room enough for a huge gift shop. When interest wanes just shut it down again.

Cmdr_Crimson

If this is a situation they will probably be moved to Main Street Theater since they have a better queue area as many of the Princesses have migrated to Princess Fantasy Faire.

Tip Top Club

They really should be at Magic Kingdom, either at Fairytale Hall or the Fairytale Garden and have Merida move into the hall. I miss seeing Snow White in Town Square.

tl77

-Comment #4 on the Disney parks blog is this Oct 7th

4 Michelle from NY on October 7th, 2013 at 11:25 am
I am very excited about this. Will they still be greating guests next year in Norway as well, or is this just temporary?

Shawn Slater on October 7th, 2013 at 12:11 pm
Michelle – At this time, they are only expected to appear in Norway at Epcot through January 4, 2014.

-Then comment #16 says this the next day Oct 8th

16 Gabby on October 7th, 2013 at 8:11 pm
Any plans for them after they leave WDW in January? Will they be going to Magic Kingdom next? It’d be shame if they where only out for such a short time.

Shawn Slater on October 8th, 2013 at 9:02 am
Gabby – There are no plans as of right now, but the team is constantly exploring new entertainment experiences for our Guests.

I'm guessing if the do move them it'll be to some where better suited to handle M&Gs, I thought the started off in the Hollywood Studios for like a week before the moved to Norway/EPCOT

aladdin2007

[/quote]
From the photo's I've seen there is a real bottle neck of double queues in the front of Norway entrance with only a narrow pass through now to enter the pavilion. At first blush and again from only looking a few photo's it looks like a fire hazard to exit the pavilion with the two different queues road blocking everything.

I'd hope they'd move the princesses to a less congested venue even though it is kinda fitting. Heck they could open the Millenium Pavilion for them, it is vast and could be quite grandly decorated given the draw, room enough for a huge gift shop. When interest wanes just shut it down again.

Yeah Norway has been a mess, between the meetngreet lines, the akershus lines, and maelstroms, they have created nothing but havoc. Until they build that new princess pavilion between mexico and norway I would expect them to stay put awhile longer, but then it is a mess so maybe they have found it just cant run this way in that tight space with that amount of people, kinda duh to begin with on Disneys part. Agree that they have plenty of unused spaces that could be retrofitted for them, I know that it was a Norway thing being the movie was but cant chuff everything inside everything. Do something with Millenium for paying guests, and or odyssy already. Include the character dining while your at it Disney and make Norway Norway again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom