Frozen 2 to be released November 22nd, 2019

RunningKoen

It's an online forum and I know I shouldn't ask, but I'm too curious.

Please enlighten me in how a, nearly a page long, discussion about the Marvel opening credits is related to Frozen 2.

I mean, they claimed the movie is going back to the origin of Elsa's power, but that doesnt automaticly means she's a Marvel hero?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Please enlighten me in how a, nearly a page long, discussion about the Marvel opening credits is related to Frozen 2.

I mean, they claimed the movie is going back to the origin of Elsa's power, but that doesnt automaticly means she's a Marvel hero?
Absolutely nothing.

It’s all because someone felt they needed to correct a post that didn’t need to be corrected as it was a. a reply to a joke post and b. accurate to begin with.

But hey I’m all for Elsa being add to the MCU, she can fight along side Scarlet Witch.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Here's ground zero of the tangent.

So if this sequel hits it big (it'll certainly have a monster first weekend at the box office), will Disney devote any further theme park space to Frozen? Or will it continue to focus on wasting real estate on Iger's acquisitions?

And yes, I am absolutely delighted that Dark Phoenix bombed at the box office. Proving that the Marvel license is not necessarily an IP guaranteed to print money.

Same with Star Wars (Solo: A Star Wars Story).

Hopefully, it will turn out that buying maxed-out off-Disney franchises is not a smart move in the long run. As the Muppet purchase has proven.

And yes, I didn't like the original Frozen. Still don't. Incredibly overrated. But I do like the short cartoons made afterward. FWIW.

Someone needing to tweak Disney's nose.

But thanks for providing a launching point for discussing a Frozen-MCU mash-up!!

;)

erasure fan1

So if this sequel hits it big (it'll certainly have a monster first weekend at the box office), will Disney devote any further theme park space to Frozen? Or will it continue to focus on wasting real estate on Iger's acquisitions?
I would say no chance frozen gets more than it has. That decision was final when they opted to ruin Norway. Like you I'm not a big fan of the movie. But I think it would be great for Disney to admit they were wrong and put a true Frozen area in the magic kingdom or the studios. But there is a better chance Horizons comes back before that happens.

Disney Analyst

Is this confirmed as a musical still? I get such an adventure, action flick vibe from the trailers. Can't imagine music being added in. Would be kind of different for Disney to go from princess musical to action flick with the same franchise...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is this confirmed as a musical still? I get such an adventure, action flick vibe from the trailers. Can't imagine music being added in. Would be kind of different for Disney to go from princess musical to action flick with the same franchise...

Yes...

BrianLo

I think the marketing campaign for Frozen has been well forgotten. It was fairly misleading.

A short film essentially featuring Olaf and Sven fighting over a carrot.

Hans was featured VERY prominently as a ‘new prince’. That’s actually why I found that turn particularly shocking, it’s like no one bothered to tell marketing he was the villain. Tons of Hans merch was done up.

All of which is to say I hope this tone isn’t misleading and it has some more adult elements... but it’s definitely not at risk of not being a musical.

Magenta Panther

I think the marketing campaign for Frozen has been well forgotten. It was fairly misleading.

A short film essentially featuring Olaf and Sven fighting over a carrot.

Hans was featured VERY prominently as a ‘new prince’. That’s actually why I found that turn particularly shocking, it’s like no one bothered to tell marketing he was the villain. Tons of Hans merch was done up.

All of which is to say I hope this tone isn’t misleading and it has some more adult elements... but it’s definitely not at risk of not being a musical.

Than Hans move was so cheap and cheezy. There were no hints dropped and no satisfying buildup. Just a SHOCK and the filmmakers giving the audience a "Ha ha we fooled you!" and of course also saying "Ha ha the Prince is a bad guy, unlike in other Disney films, aren't we clever?"

One of many reasons I dislike Frozen.

Cosmic Commando

Than Hans move was so cheap and cheezy. There were no hints dropped and no satisfying buildup. Just a SHOCK and the filmmakers giving the audience a "Ha ha we fooled you!" and of course also saying "Ha ha the Prince is a bad guy, unlike in other Disney films, aren't we clever?"

One of many reasons I dislike Frozen.
Kristoff: "What's his last name?"
Anna: "Uhh... of the Seven Isles?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom