Frozen 2 to be released November 22nd, 2019

Princess Leia

Original Poster
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/health/frozen-let-it-go/index.html
Happy birthday to me? Again? The first one came out on my birthday too.

Anyways...

Looks like the lines at Frozen Ever After will be long for a very long time.

I think this is the fourth animated sequel to be released in theaters? Rescuers Down Under (1990), Return to Neverland (2002), and The Jungle Book 2 (2003) all precede it. Of its predecessors, I think Down Under was the best.

Where does Disney go from the end of Frozen (or even Frozen Fever)? This is what I want:
  • A full explanation of Elsa's powers. Is it strictly snow and ice that she can create (and sentient water based creatures), or can she create anything (she created gowns for herself and Anna, and I'm not sure whether they were made of ice or not)?
  • An answer to the question that has bugged me since the first time I saw the movie: Does Anna have suppressed powers too? The troll said that she would forget all magic, or memories of magic. I kind of like to think that Anna has fire powers.
  • More female characters with actual speaking parts. Please, Disney, make this happen.
  • Jonathan Groff getting at least 2 solos. That man's vocal talent was wasted last time.
  • Maybe a bit more of the Snow Queen fairy tale? Frozen was loosely based off of it, and I'm sure Disney could use more of it if they wanted.
  • A plot that doesn't revolve around Anna or Elsa getting married. However, that's probably not going to happen because....
What will probably happen:
  • Anna and Kristoff will plan to get married, but wait! Something happens before the wedding, and the trio (plus Olaf and Sven) will go off on another adventure. Anna and Elsa end up having a double wedding with their respective partners at the end of the film.
  • Elsa will get a romantic partner (male or female, I'm actually interested to see if Disney gives Elsa the girlfriend that Twitter wants) who is definitely underwritten and serves just as a marketing tool to sell Elsa wedding dolls
  • villain who is definitely lackluster in comparison to Hans
  • Hans showing up but not being written well (more along the lines of 'A-ha! I will foil your wedding with something and start a war or something, I don't know, the writers just wanted me in the movie!')
  • Olaf being overused like the Minions from Despicable Me
  • second rate songs
I'm worried. Disney does not have a great track record for their sequel films. Pixar at least as a 50/50 chance of getting their's right (Toy Story 2 & 3 & Dory vs Cars 2, Monsters University, & probably Cars 3)

Flippin'Flounder

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/health/frozen-let-it-go/index.html
Happy birthday to me? Again? The first one came out on my birthday too.

Anyways...

Looks like the lines at Frozen Ever After will be long for a very long time.

I think this is the fourth animated sequel to be released in theaters? Rescuers Down Under (1990), Return to Neverland (2002), and The Jungle Book 2 (2003) all precede it. Of its predecessors, I think Down Under was the best.

Where does Disney go from the end of Frozen (or even Frozen Fever)? This is what I want:
  • A full explanation of Elsa's powers. Is it strictly snow and ice that she can create (and sentient water based creatures), or can she create anything (she created gowns for herself and Anna, and I'm not sure whether they were made of ice or not)?
  • An answer to the question that has bugged me since the first time I saw the movie: Does Anna have suppressed powers too? The troll said that she would forget all magic, or memories of magic. I kind of like to think that Anna has fire powers.
  • More female characters with actual speaking parts. Please, Disney, make this happen.
  • Jonathan Groff getting at least 2 solos. That man's vocal talent was wasted last time.
  • Maybe a bit more of the Snow Queen fairy tale? Frozen was loosely based off of it, and I'm sure Disney could use more of it if they wanted.
  • A plot that doesn't revolve around Anna or Elsa getting married. However, that's probably not going to happen because....
What will probably happen:
  • Anna and Kristoff will plan to get married, but wait! Something happens before the wedding, and the trio (plus Olaf and Sven) will go off on another adventure. Anna and Elsa end up having a double wedding with their respective partners at the end of the film.
  • Elsa will get a romantic partner (male or female, I'm actually interested to see if Disney gives Elsa the girlfriend that Twitter wants) who is definitely underwritten and serves just as a marketing tool to sell Elsa wedding dolls
  • villain who is definitely lackluster in comparison to Hans
  • Hans showing up but not being written well (more along the lines of 'A-ha! I will foil your wedding with something and start a war or something, I don't know, the writers just wanted me in the movie!')
  • Olaf being overused like the Minions from Despicable Me
  • second rate songs
I'm worried. Disney does not have a great track record for their sequel films. Pixar at least as a 50/50 chance of getting their's right (Toy Story 2 & 3 & Dory vs Cars 2, Monsters University, & probably Cars 3)
It's not fair to compare this to the previous Disney sequels, as they were Disney Toon Studios, not Walt Disney Animation (Except for Rescuers Down Under and Fantasia 2000) WiR 2 will also be made by Walt Disney Animation, so my hopes are high!

Princess Leia

Original Poster
It's not fair to compare this to the previous Disney sequels, as they were Disney Toon Studios, not Walt Disney Animation (Except for Rescuers Down Under and Fantasia 2000) WiR 2 will also be made by Walt Disney Animation, so my hopes are high!
Whoops, forgot about Fantasia 2000. :oops:

I guess I always like to think that for the most part, Disney was better than the other animation studios. Direct-to-video movies aside, the animated films had clear and concise endings. While Disney Animation was in a bit of a slump when Shrek and Madagascar had countless sequels, Pixar still came out with original films (pre-2010, the only sequel was Toy Story 2).

I guess I'm just a little hesitant about the two sequels Disney is releasing in theaters. It feels a little like Eisner's sequelitis all over again.

rob0519

LOOOOLLLL Buddy that argument has 0 backing behind this is a company that thrives on nostalgia. Frozen isn't going anywhere despite people wishing so.

I really don't care if it goes away. It wasn't all that horrible of a movie. Just not sure it can generate the same dollars and interest that long after the first movie. In fact, if you buy the 2 CD Soundtrack there are a few songs included that were cut from the movie that, in my opinion are as good or better than the ones in the movie.

Sped2424

I really don't care if it goes away. It wasn't all that horrible of a movie. Just not sure it can generate the same dollars and interest that long after the first movie. In fact, if you buy the 2 CD Soundtrack there are a few songs included that were cut from the movie that, in my opinion are as good or better than the ones in the movie.
Considering the sisters still push merch like hot cakes and remain their own brand outside of the Disney princesses the money is very much still there.

SeanWM48

a 6 year gap from the first. i actually think that's the right move. wouldn't want a second one happening too soon.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...nimated_films#Highest-grossing_animated_films
Honestly, if we look at the trend of animated sequels performing better at the box office than the original films, there's nowhere but up for Frozen.
Still, $1.28 billion is a lofty number to beat.

DoleWhipperSnapper

I'm not going to say that Frozen has been my favorite of the new Disney films as I enjoyed both Zootopia and Moana much better, but I did think it was a fun a really good movie. I do love Olaf so that will get me to watch right there.

Elsa

This is what I do NOT want in Frozen 2: Elsa having boyfriend and getting married or her being gay. I will send snow monsters after them if they do this to Our Elsa!!!!!!!!!

KeithVH

Grimmly, how I see this unfolding:

Mab, the Queen of Air and Darkness, deciding Elsa has not used her powers properly, visits Elsa at the stroke of midnight the day off her sister's wedding and strips the power from our little blond anti-hero. The Unseelie Queen, not being known for kindness, uses the "just rip off the bandaid" approach, and results in she-who-sways-too-much-in-the-blue-gown suffering from losing the magic and she starts to freeze (lacking the ability to control the lost ice powers). Anna, being a ginger (and as has been noted, trending towards fire), summons Titania, Queen of the Evergreen and Lady of Light and Life to make a deal for the fire magic needed to achieve equilibrium against her sister and save her life (and repay the life debt).

Meanwhile, Hans and Olaf, who covertly followed Anna, are threatened by the Wild Hunt. Anna must use her new powers to save them without hurting any of the fae to prove herself worthy of holding the power to Summer. During this time, Anna's simple ginger hair turns "flaming" bright red. Along the way they save an innocent, amnesiac, yet handsome young man who swears to help the group on their quest to repay the debt.

Helped by a very obstinate, yet friendly, dwarf who is kind of a kleptomaniac (Grumpy on steroids, steals carrots, etc, new character, loads of stuffy possibilities), Anna gets back just in time to hug Elsa and thaw her out with the love of Anna's new flame powers (can we tie this into MCU Phoenix Force? Iger asks). So much so that she burns herself out leaving both sisters now powerless and mundane. The flash of power has cured the young man's memory and we find he is a prince who was leading the life of the dread pirate (Angus) after a disagreement with his father. Blondie, quite enthralled with his attentions (and looks), oversees her sister's wedding (finally) and sways off (dressed in another hip hugger) with her new beau in search of the next adventure. Leaving Frosty and Rudolph to question "well, what do we do now?"

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Grimmly, how I see this unfolding:

Mab, the Queen of Air and Darkness, deciding Elsa has not used her powers properly, visits Elsa at the stroke of midnight the day off her sister's wedding and strips the power from our little blond anti-hero. The Unseelie Queen, not being known for kindness, uses the "just rip off the bandaid" approach, and results in she-who-sways-too-much-in-the-blue-gown suffering from losing the magic and she starts to freeze (lacking the ability to control the lost ice powers). Anna, being a ginger (and as has been noted, trending towards fire), summons Titania, Queen of the Evergreen and Lady of Light and Life to make a deal for the fire magic needed to achieve equilibrium against her sister and save her life (and repay the life debt).

Meanwhile, Hans and Olaf, who covertly followed Anna, are threatened by the Wild Hunt. Anna must use her new powers to save them without hurting any of the fae to prove herself worthy of holding the power to Summer. During this time, Anna's simple ginger hair turns "flaming" bright red. Along the way they save an innocent, amnesiac, yet handsome young man who swears to help the group on their quest to repay the debt.

Helped by a very obstinate, yet friendly, dwarf who is kind of a kleptomaniac (Grumpy on steroids, steals carrots, etc, new character, loads of stuffy possibilities), Anna gets back just in time to hug Elsa and thaw her out with the love of Anna's new flame powers (can we tie this into MCU Phoenix Force? Iger asks). So much so that she burns herself out leaving both sisters now powerless and mundane. The flash of power has cured the young man's memory and we find he is a prince who was leading the life of the dread pirate (Angus) after a disagreement with his father. Blondie, quite enthralled with his attentions (and looks), oversees her sister's wedding (finally) and sways off (dressed in another hip hugger) with her new beau in search of the next adventure. Leaving Frosty and Rudolph to question "well, what do we do now?"

I thought the Unseelie Princess who, as a punishment for being too vain, was sent off to the land of men to do good deeds and learn humility, would pop in on her flying umbrella to teach the sisters how to be properly royal?

NateD1226

First trailer next month!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom