News Frontierland Shootin' Arcade at Magic Kingdom switches to free play

Gringrinngghost

This may just be a calendar issue, although the switch to free play is unusual, and now this. Something could very well be happening.
it could be, but many will learn that its their most favorite attraction in the park even though they never did it or even knew it existed.

pdude81

It's just saying "No Times Available" after black Friday at this point. Someone mentioned it had said "Closed" so I just wanted to note that the website may have changed.

JoeCamel

It’s not part of the same show building, separated by the breezeway. The space is really constrained so not much they can do other than a small kiosk. Would be nice to get one of the kiosks of the main walkway. Frontierland is the MK equivalent of WS promenade with all these kiosks junking up the place.View attachment 592866
Your screenshot illustrates how much of a pinch point the DVC kiosk is for parades and general flow. Looks natural to tear it out and move it into the arcade space.

MrPromey

Your screenshot illustrates how much of a pinch point the DVC kiosk is for parades and general flow. Looks natural to tear it out and move it into the arcade space.
Sorry, the arcade space was already turned into a generic shop a while back. They took the Magic shop with them when they did it. 😔

... Oh, you meant the (shooting) arcade that hasn't yet been turned over to something to generate better revenue.

I think a better idea would be to just get rid of the DVC kiosk and not relocate it.

How many of them do we as guests, actually need per park, anyway?

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like taking a break in your $125 per person park experience to look into a timeshare right in the middle of things but if we're going to lose the shooting arcade, it would be nice to have it be for something that's simply not retail related or dealing with an overcrowding problem they created by how they've manged the area up until now.

I mean, the sunglass hut on the other side which is about as generic as a shop in a themed park can get would make a nice indoor seating area, too, right?.. Or maybe they could move the Adventureland DVC kisok in there and clean up some clutter on that side, too.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Sorry, the arcade space was already turned into a generic shop a while back. They took the Magic shop with them when they did it. 😔

... Oh, you meant the (shooting) arcade that hasn't yet been turned over to something to generate better revenue.

I think a better idea would be to just get rid of the DVC kiosk and not relocate it. How many of them do we as guests, actually need per park, anyway?

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like taking a break in your $125 per person park experience to look into a timeshare right in the middle of things but if we're going to lose the shooting arcade, it would nice to have it be for something that's simply not retail related or dealing with an overcrowding problem they created by how they've manged the area up until now.

I mean, the sunglass hut on the other side which is about as generic as a shop in a themed park can get would make a nice indoor seating area, too, right?.. Or maybe they could move the Adventureland DVC kisok in there and clean up some clutter on that side, too.
Agreed but the sunglass hut? Right next to the A-land B-rooms? Those are at the low end of the drainage and I'm not sure I want to hang out there any longer than I have to.....

mergatroid

Several times over the years I've seen CM's offering free plays of it. I'm not sure whether they put coins in themselves (from the stock) or whether they flipped a switch? But I've passed it twice or more when this has happened.

lazyboy97o

Several times over the years I've seen CM's offering free plays of it. I'm not sure whether they put coins in themselves (from the stock) or whether they flipped a switch? But I've passed it twice or more when this has happened.
They could switch it. Most times I’ve tried to play for years now it wouldn’t work and a Cast Member would just switch it to a whole bunch of credits for bothering to try.

celluloid

NO! Disney doesn't manipulate information to get the answers they want!

/s

One of my "favorite" examples of this was when working with Disney entertainment, Tarzan at At Animal Kingdom kept getting moved until he was on the other side of the winding pathway so guests could no longer even see him so guests could be surveyed guests who wanted characters if they met Tarzan at the park today or not so the result could say "Nobody wanted to meet Tarzan."

note2001

I heard The Art of Shaving is coming into this location.

:angelic:

(okay, maybe I didn't. But it would go right along with the manly old west feel and desire to make money.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom