News Frontierland Shootin' Arcade at Magic Kingdom switches to free play

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Frontierland-Shootin-Arcade_Full_44746.jpg

FerretAfros

Friendly reminder that "free" in this situation means "included with park admission," similar to other attractions and entertainment in the park. Few people would claim that it's free to ride Space Mountain or watch the parade. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Still, it's a nice change. Considering how many elements throughout the parks have been turned into extra-cost add-ons, this is thoroughly unexpected.

JohnD

Friendly reminder that "free" in this situation means "included with park admission," similar to other attractions and entertainment in the park. Few people would claim that it's free to ride Space Mountain or watch the parade. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Still, it's a nice change. Considering how many elements throughout the parks have been turned into extra-cost add-ons, this is thoroughly unexpected.

We get it. Thanks.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
This spot is super nostalgic for me. I did this on my first or second trip to WDW when I was a kid, I think it may have been actual pellets back in the day. Visited it again when my kids were both young on their first trips. Haven't done it since, not because of price, but because of maximizing time in the parks.

Change to free is nice for everyone.
Shootin' Arcade is back on my radar.
Gonna pop off a few rounds next time we visit. :cool:

Castle Cake Apologist

It previously cost extra, now it doesn't. Hence, "free" experience. I don't think anybody here was confused into thinking you receive free entry into the park if you just ask to play the Shootin' Arcade.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It previously cost extra, now it doesn't. Hence, "free" experience. I don't think anybody here was confused into thinking you receive free entry into the park if you just ask to play the Shootin' Arcade.
It didn't always cost extra. On one of our most memorable trips, the four of us lined up with quarters to feed the gun machines, and the CM walked over and told us to put our money away -- we shot for about 15 minutes for free!

So I guess it depended on the CM working the gallery at the time.

Castle Cake Apologist

It didn't always cost extra. On one of our most memorable trips, the four of us lined up with quarters to feed the gun machines, and the CM walked over and told us to put our money away -- we shot for about 15 minutes for free!

So I guess it depended on the CM working the gallery at the time.

To my knowledge, it was always an upcharge experience. I bet that CM was creating a magic moment. It's actual position in Ops rotations where the CM is assigned to just walk around their land and make random guests happy in unexpected ways. CMs have discretion to provide guests with free merchandise, take them to the front of a ride queue, things like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom