News Frontierland gets a new look as changes come to the boardwalk walkways including raised platforms

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Frontierland_Full_43894.jpg

jeanericuser001

Or it may be raised mini stages for shows. Or maybe a place for security to stand over everyone as they look for troublemakers. Then again it could be just a crass way for someone at disney to show how they feel about the public. Here is some wood now feel free to sit on it.

JIMINYCR

Also makes convenient spots for guests to sit and rest or carry their mobile ordered food and snacks over to sit and dine. Solves the problem of Disney not providing benches and tables. Wonder how many kids will hurt themselves jumping on and off the raised sites?

bpiper

Also makes convenient spots for guests to sit and rest or carry their mobile ordered food and snacks over to sit and dine. Solves the problem of Disney not providing benches and tables. Wonder how many kids will hurt themselves jumping on and off the raised sites?

If memory serves, the trees had a raised box around them with a top platform on them, with just a hole in the middle for the tree trunk.

peter11435

So these would be temporary (in the Disney sense of the word) cover until the trees are replaced. I can respect that.

Although I do foresee many children trying to use them as running-and-jumping pads. :cautious:
Again the raised platforms have always been there. So there’s nothing a child can do on there today that they couldn’t have done 30 years ago. The only difference is there used to be a small hole in the center that a tree grew out of.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Again the raised platforms have always been there. So there’s nothing a child can do on there today that they couldn’t have done 30 years ago. The only difference is there used to be a small hole in the center that a tree grew out of.
Ah, my mistake. I thought they were more open. Now that you mention that, it does bring back the memory of those planters/trees. Although I haven’t really walked on or paid much attention to that side of the street for quite a few years. 😕

peter11435

Ah, my mistake. I thought they were more open. Now that you mention that, it does bring back the memory of those planters/trees. Although I haven’t really walked on or paid much attention to that side of the street for quite a few years. 😕
There’s actually three of them on that side of the street. For the last several years only two have had trees. One of them still does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom