Frontierland Gate: Then and Now

jmuboy

I’ll add one more rant here - this Walt era green iron work was removed from the Coke corner patio sometime in 2019 never to return!

Attachments

• 06359F1C-97FF-4C9D-9381-49C99BBCAF61.jpeg
    06359F1C-97FF-4C9D-9381-49C99BBCAF61.jpeg
    676.4 KB · Views: 60

mickEblu

Original Poster
The old entrance is one of those things I loved as a child- the giant log fort structure/entrance was captivating.

Shame to see it reduced for no reason.

That’s the most disappointing part - for no reason. Sometimes things are done for practical reasons and we may not like it or believe they could have been executed better but at least there was a good reason. What’s the logic here other than the logs maybe taking a few more inches of space?

J4546

i could see how some kid could slide his hands/arms through those logs and injure themselves. it would be the result of poor parenting of course but nowadays personal responsibility doesnt matter, its lawsuit time!

SuddenStorm

That’s the most disappointing part - for no reason. Sometimes things are done for practical reasons and we may not like it or believe they could have been executed better but at least there was a good reason. What’s the logic here other than the logs maybe taking a few more inches of space?

Remember a few years back when the online community was upset about the new safety railings added to Sleeping Beauty Castle and Golden Horseshoe?

I'd take those any day over what WDI is doing to the place now. I really hope that this gets redone in the next year or so, it honestly looks like one of those temporary construction walls they put up around an attraction during a refurb.

CaptinEO

Remember a few years back when the online community was upset about the new safety railings added to Sleeping Beauty Castle and Golden Horseshoe?

I'd take those any day over what WDI is doing to the place now. I really hope that this gets redone in the next year or so, it honestly looks like one of those temporary construction walls they put up around an attraction during a refurb.
I don't expect them to go back and make an area look better. It's a continuous decline.

MarvelCharacterNerd

also - for the love of Pete when is the TL entrance gonna be completed? Only Disney takes 18 plus months to build a elevated planter to hide utilities. That green fence on the left is getting OLD!
I'm just grateful the french fry rocks are gone. I'd rather look past the utility box for ages than maneuver around those oversized obstructions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom