From Contemporary to Magic Kingdom

slappy magoo

Going from MK to Contemporary, monorail might be faster, depending on how long a wait it is to catch the next monorail. But going from Contemporary to MK? Even if you were able to just walk on to a monorail with no wait at all, walking would probably be faster, unless someone in your party needed to move slowly. The resort monorail goes in a clockwise direction, so it stops at the other 2 monorail resorts AND the TTC before going to MK.

DicksonGR

I have to say I love the walk from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary, but the monorail is also cool. I'd alternate depending on how busy the monorail is.

75disney

I would definitely walk going to MK. It takes about 10 minutes as opposed to the monorail which could take up to 45 minutes. If you are leaving the MK, take the monorail back if you are too tired to walk.

steviej

I look at it this way, you're about to do a TON of walking in MK, so I'd just tack on 10 minutes of walking from contemporary to MK to get there faster

wdwdude1

I typically ride the monorail to MK and then walk back once the park closes. It is nice to leisurely walk back and miss the mad rush to the monorail. Walking always seems faster to me. Have a great trip!!

coachwnh

You will appreciate the walk back to the Contemporary at night when the resort monorail line is big. Its a very easy 10 minute stroll. Its a great walk to wind down the night.

Jessica Meier

We are staying there in the Deluxe Garden Suite rooms in September. You will have to let us know what you thought. I am so excited to be staying on the monorail loop that I keep forgetting that I can walk into Tomorrowland!

cba

Original Poster
We are staying there in the Deluxe Garden Suite rooms in September. You will have to let us know what you thought. I am so excited to be staying on the monorail loop that I keep forgetting that I can walk into Tomorrowland!
I may do a trip report, and if I do I would probably have to talk about my room, the resort, and the transportation to the parks along with of course the parks. But "a friendly word of warning", I am usually very forgetful so you will probably have to either PM me during or after my vacation (second week of August) or look for a Trip Report that has my avatar next to the title. Of course, I can always remember. Either way I will try to let you know :)

JIMINYCR

Walking should be faster BUT I get so absorbed in reading the paving bricks on the walkway in that I probably get behind those going on the monorail.:D I have actually found a brick from a family from my home town and from the city I live in now. As well as some interesting foreign countries. Yeah... I enjoy reading...even the paving bricks.:bookworm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom