Fries and drinks... here I go complaining.

bucklepants

Original Poster
Okay, I usually really look forward to the counter service fries at Disney World. My last trip was Aug. 2014. What the heck happened? This trip they were skinny and just... not the same.
Also, what is up with the fountain drinks at MK? Last year I even noticed something tasted off, like well water or something. All the other places at WDW the fountain drinks seem fine. My husband even noticed the drinks at MK this year though.

lostpro9het

Okay, I usually really look forward to the counter service fries at Disney World. My last trip was Aug. 2014. What the heck happened? This trip they were skinny and just... not the same..
Yes, the fries at Cassey's last week were terrible in my opinion:
20150917_170455.jpg

In contrast the fries at Trails End were a lot better:
20150917_124203.jpg

Rinx

As for the taste of the fountain drinks, sometimes the water isn't filtered all the way so you get that "Florida water" taste. Same thing happens at water fountains throughout the parks sometimes. Rest assured the water and taste isn't harmful, just not used to what you taste at home. For instance I live in Northern NJ. Water tastes fine at home but go up to the northwest of the state the water tastes like blood due to higher iron levels.

bucklepants

Original Poster
As for the taste of the fountain drinks, sometimes the water isn't filtered all the way so you get that "Florida water" taste. Same thing happens at water fountains throughout the parks sometimes. Rest assured the water and taste isn't harmful, just not used to what you taste at home. For instance I live in Northern NJ. Water tastes fine at home but go up to the northwest of the state the water tastes like blood due to higher iron levels.

That's probably what I'm tasting. Thanks for shedding some light.

patch553

on our last trip in feb,my wife noticed the fountain drinks at mk tasted different,so went to food cart outside and bought a bottle instead, had no other issues at the resort or other parks

JennSmith

We just got back yesterday and they still had the skinny fries. I also agree with the well water taste in the pop. Whenever we had Sprite I could taste something off about it...like the well water taste. When we had Coke I couldn't taste it so much so I stuck with Coke the whole trip :)

whitney37354

I enjoyed MK fries in June. I don't know if there was something different or I was just hungry! My mom did get a bad Diet Coke at Pinocchio's (sp?), but they were fine at Cosmic Rays. There were no issues with drinks in any other parks.

thomas998

Yes, the fries at Cassey's last week were terrible in my opinion:
20150917_170455.jpg

In contrast the fries at Trails End were a lot better:
20150917_124203.jpg

Judging from the looks, they didn't have the grease hot enough and probably didn't cook them quite long enough... at least that's what it looks like in the top photo. Problem with fries is that the critical part of making them is cooking them and if they size of the fries changes and they don't have the friers and timers set up right you'll get crappy fries. In a perfect world they wouldn't change fries from one time to another because doing it risks throwing off the cooking process... Then again some bean counter probably thought he could save a penny and jumped at it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom