FRIDAY! - Hollywood Studios

guardianmonkey

My family is taking their first trip in well over a year and my mom was able to secure reservations for Hollywood Studios on Friday. It's been a few years since the family was able to make it to the parks and I haven't been since before COVID. Is there anything in particular to watch out for at HS? I've pre-warned everybody that we will most likely not be able to get onto the newer Star Wars ride (Rise of the Resistance) due to a number of factors but how have wait times been overall? I'm hoping (in vain??) that the lowered capacities will make it at least possible to ride everything (else) that the family is interested in.

Thanks!

JohnD

My family is taking their first trip in well over a year and my mom was able to secure reservations for Hollywood Studios on Friday. It's been a few years since the family was able to make it to the parks and I haven't been since before COVID. Is there anything in particular to watch out for at HS? I've pre-warned everybody that we will most likely not be able to get onto the newer Star Wars ride (Rise of the Resistance) due to a number of factors but how have wait times been overall? I'm hoping (in vain??) that the lowered capacities will make it at least possible to ride everything (else) that the family is interested in.

Thanks!

If you have park reservations for HS for Friday, why is it you can't ride Rise? If there are family reasons, I get it. Otherwise, just join the virtual queue at 7am and hope you get a spot. If not, when you're in the park, try again at 1pm. However, since there are no FastPasses there are standby waits but nothing like what standby was with FastPass. You're still going during Easter week so crowds could be up.

Upvote 0

guardianmonkey

Original Poster
If you have park reservations for HS for Friday, why is it you can't ride Rise? If there are family reasons, I get it. Otherwise, just join the virtual queue at 7am and hope you get a spot. If not, when you're in the park, try again at 1pm. However, since there are no FastPasses there are standby waits but nothing like what standby was with FastPass. You're still going during Easter week so crowds could be up.
Thanks so much for your response! I struggle with anxiety something fierce so I'm trying to gather as much info before-hand to defuse my bound-up brain.

I have heard nothing but stress related to trying to get into a boarding group for Rise. My family isn't the type that will be feverishly monitoring their phones at 7am and I can very well see us being too busy enjoying the park to try and jockey for position later in the day. Then again, am I laboring under a bad notion? Is it really not that difficult to get onto the boarding group? Are the lowered crowd capacities allowing for such? There's going to be five in my group and that seems rough to try and secure a position.

As for Fastpasses, my family is elated that they won't have to worry about scheduling things down to the minute, unlike our past Disney trips. At least according to the Disney app, the wait times don't seem too daunting, at least today. Not to mention, I've heard lots of talk about those wait times being slightly inflated due to attempted social distancing.

Overall, I'm trying to put a cap on my family's potential excitement/disappointment! It'll be a fun day, no matter what!

Upvote 0

guardianmonkey

Original Poster
While I appreciate the emphatic responses regarding Rise, that isn't of much interest to my family anyway. I included the bit about Rise to try and avoid discussing it :)

My main question was regarding wait times for the rest of Hollywood Studios. I guess I could and should have been more specific! If we get onto Rise, great, but that won't mean much to my mom or her sister-in-law. They are only familiar with pre-Disney SW anyway. But with this info from the two responders, I'll give it a go at 7am and then at 1pm, maybe we'll get lucky!

My mom is far more invested in getting on the new Mickey ride. Once she heard there was an actual ride that featured Mickey, that's all she cares about now. Her sister-in-law is gunning for Slinky Dog so lines are definitely in my future :)

Upvote 0

JohnD

While I appreciate the emphatic responses regarding Rise, that isn't of much interest to my family anyway. I included the bit about Rise to try and avoid discussing it :)

My main question was regarding wait times for the rest of Hollywood Studios. I guess I could and should have been more specific! If we get onto Rise, great, but that won't mean much to my mom or her sister-in-law. They are only familiar with pre-Disney SW anyway. But with this info from the two responders, I'll give it a go at 7am and then at 1pm, maybe we'll get lucky!

My mom is far more invested in getting on the new Mickey ride. Once she heard there was an actual ride that featured Mickey, that's all she cares about now. Her sister-in-law is gunning for Slinky Dog so lines are definitely in my future :)

Then still plan on arriving at rope drop and immediately get in the queue for Mickey. It looks longer than it really is because of social distancing markers. But the wait shouldn't be too bad. Queues only get longer during the day although I've noticed them shortening during lunch.

Upvote 0

crawale

I think she will be disappointed in Mickey. It is more like Toad's Wild Ride of days gone by. Really miss the Movie Ride. We were there last Fall and waited over an hour in the blazing sun for Mickey - miserable. Second day we lucked in and got Ride of the Resistance. The app is much easier to join the virtual queue now than it was then when you had to specify all in your group. No shows which is a real bummer.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom