French quarter or pop century - Feb 2018

Gelatoni

Original Poster
I'm going to Wdw in feb 2018 and wondering if french quarter is worth the price over pop century. I have done PC a few times. I have 3 questions.

In feb dose FQ ussally share buses with riverside.

How is the wait for buses after fireworks. I know with pop you can wait 40 mins just to get a bus.

Do many of the groups (Cheerleaders or Brazilians) book the FQ?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
After looking at the photos of the renovated Pop Century rooms, I'm thinking Pop Century. 2 queen beds, nice bathroom, little hutch with a - wait for it - coffee maker! The newly renovated rooms are in the 90s building, so I'd request that building. You can Google them.

Note: the weekend of February 22-24th is the Princess Half Marathon weekend. Don't think the Brazilian Tour groups visit in February, but there will be about 30,000 runners & friends and family. And 2018 is the 10th anniversary of the race.

Darkseid

I am going the first week in February and trying to decide between the two as well. I have never stayed at Pop, but have stayed at FQ. Personally, I would choose FQ without a second thought, but my travel companion would like to spend as little as possible.

In my past stay at FQ, I thought the buses were quite efficient, both to and from the parks. We shared with RS a few times, but primarily during off times. I don't think we waited more than 15 minutes to leave the parks, even when it was very busy.

If you can swing it, choose FQ. It is lovely.

Worldlover71

We stayed at FQ at the end of February a few years ago. We were there a week and the bus only shared with RS once, with FQ being the first stop. We never waited for a bus more than 15 minutes except one late night at Disney Springs.

DfromATX

I would definitely do FQ. The reviews are good. I've stayed at PO-R and thought it was great. I've stayed at Pop and to be honest, it was my least favorite hotel out of all our trips so far.

Pmoffatt

We have stayed at both and loved both. One thing that I love about FQ is the boat to Disney Springs. We never shared a bus when we stayed there.

becca_

POFQ is usually excluded from discounts if that is something you were looking for, but I would still choose that or Port Orleans Riverside over pop century.

GCTales

Cheer groups and most of your international groups that come late Jan and into early Feb stay at the value resorts.

I believe the cheer comp is second week of Feb (there is a seperate thread on it).

No personal experience, but I understand that many Brazilain tour groups also come that time of year. This means the values will probably be very crowded and could be very loud.

MickeyMomV

Also keep in mind Presidents Day will be on the 19th next year.

We ran the 10k during the princess 1/2 weekend in 2015 and we did not notice and major increase in traffic. We stayed at CS and came in the Thursday before and stayed the week after.

JTT

Mardi Gras is February 13, 2018.

It can get crowded with all those (like me) who get out of Louisiana for Mardi Gras.

Tom 55

Pop is my favorite Value resort and FQ is my favorite Moderate resort. I have stayed at each a couple of times.There are difference from Value to Moderate. Room size, food court amenities. I have spent the extra money to go to FQ because I like that it has a hot tub. I like getting up early and soaking in the hot tub before I go off to the parks. Or late at night after a long day relaxing in the hot tub before bed. There were posted time that the pools were open but they never enforced them. There are gates but they were easy to walk around. I am not sure if they were ever locked anyhow. Now they have put up fencing around all the pools. After someone drown when the pool did not have life guards on duty. Now the pools are only open when the life guards are there. Hour are like 9 am to 10 pm. These times do not fit with MY schedule. So now I don't spend the extra money and stay at FQ anymore. With all the resorts I have stayed at I always think they have the worst bus service. It used to be buses were scheduled to arrive every 15 minutes. Then it changed to 20 minutes. I do not believe that they meet that most of the time. The reasons that I like these resorts is because they only have one bus stop. Once the bus arrives it is onto the parks not a trip around the resort stopping at bus stops were nobody get on or off. Another plus for POP is that it is just across the lake from AoE and you can hop on there bus with just a short walk across the bridge or use the food court there.

Attachments

• 20160920_190226.jpg
    20160920_190226.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 28

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom