Freeze Warning Tonight (2/17 night - 2/18 morning)

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
WDW is covered by this. It is going to be Very Cold tonight, with lows dropping below freezing.

If you are attending MK tonight, please dress accordingly and bundle up.

NWS Melbourne said:
... FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FOR LAKE...ORANGE...OSCEOLA...
SEMINOLE...INTERIOR VOLUSIA COUNTIES EARLY MONDAY MORNING...

...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM EST
MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MELBOURNE HAS ISSUED A FREEZE
WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM EST
MONDAY. THE FREEZE WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

...FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH
MONDAY MORNING...

* TEMPERATURE...NORTHWEST WINDS WILL DIMINISH AFTER SUNSET THIS
EVENING UNDER CLEAR SKIES. THIS WILL RESULT IN STRONG
RADIATIONAL COOLING OVERNIGHT. TEMPERATURES WILL FALL RAPIDLY
AFTER SUNSET AREAWIDE. READINGS ARE EXPECTED TO FALL BELOW THE
FREEZING MARK IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS...MAINLY ALONG AND
NORTH OF THE I-4 CORRIDOR.

* IMPACTS...COLD SENSITIVE PLANTS SHOULD BE COVERED OR BROUGHT
INDOORS IN ADVANCE OF FREEZING TEMPERATURES. PETS SHOULD ALSO
BE BROUGHT INDOORS.

Spikerdink

I remember a few years ago this week it was bitterly cold...all the northerners came down to get warm and we had only one day where the temp was above 65. On the night of EMH at MK and I was standing in Tomorrowland with a hot chocolate to try to warm my hands up... I gave up trying to keep warm and went back to my room...it was too cold to be out!

PUSH

I was walking outside in the 10 degree weather today and said I wish I was in Florida. I was then informed that it was currently 58 degrees in Florida and I thought that sounded delightful. Although I don't think I'd want my vacation to be that cold.

Atomicmickey

Yeah, boo hoo Florida.

Though--I've been at Disney World when it's that cold, and because of the humidity, and the fact that you don't
expect it to be like that, it's a shocker.

Illuminations all bundled up just isn't quite the same. Quite.

Mouse Detective

We've had a really warm winter this year with most of January in the 80's. I think this will be our first freeze this season. Overdue, really. But upper 70's are back mid-week!

luv

58 degrees sounds like heaven to many people stuck in the bitter cold with piles of snow.

But it's no fun for your Florida vacation! People want it warm, bordering on hot when they come to Florida in the winter.

And the floridians will always cry when they need to turn on the heat, lol. Much like people in Detroit when it is 95 degrees and humid will talk non-stop about the "heat wave", Floridians won't shut up if the temp drops near freezing, even if it is overnight.

Gotta love the size of this country and all the differences. :)

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
58 degrees sounds like heaven to many people stuck in the bitter cold with piles of snow.

But it's no fun for your Florida vacation! People want it warm, bordering on hot when they come to Florida in the winter.

And the floridians will always cry when they need to turn on the heat, lol. Much like people in Detroit when it is 95 degrees and humid will talk non-stop about the "heat wave", Floridians won't shut up if the temp drops near freezing, even if it is overnight.

People actually want to live in Florida. No one really wants to live in Detroit.

TheAmazingBobbo

I came down just before Christmas in 2010, and I remember waiting in line for RNR and my weatherbug on my phone said it was 23 degrees out. While I enjoyed myself because I brought a cousin who had never been to WDW before, for me, its not Florida unless its warm to hot out.

EDIT: The day we left, it was projected to be in the 60s, so I didn't bring any warm clothes except a single pair of pants and one long sleeve t-shirt. That sucked as well.

Goofyernmost

Back in the days when I used to show up at WDW during the last week in February, many times I had to scrap the frost off the windshield in the morning. By mid-afternoon it was in the mid to high 70's. If the wind wasn't a factor it was quite comfortable (even in the morning) for a group from Vermont.:D

We would walk up to the gate and see all the CM's wearing Parka's, knit hats and mittens and we would be in shorts and T's. Compared to the minus figures that we had left it was almost like a heat wave to us. All in what you are used too. Now that I live in NC, today it was in the mid-30's all day and I thought I was going to freeze to death.:eek:

Tom Morrow

Personally, I think the occasional cold day is refreshing when 95% of your days are "shorts weather" and half the year is sweltering hot humidity. Enjoy being in the parks in rare weather conditions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom