Freestyle cups? Settle our last minute debate! :)

mrsgthatsme

Original Poster
We are leaving next week for our first trip to Universal. Initially, we were excited about the idea of purchasing several of the freestyle refillable soda cups while we are in the parks. We do enjoy our Coke zero and our kids were excited about the Icees. However, during my research I have noticed that many people have commented that traveling light at universal is a huge asset. If we do not purchase the freestyle cups, we could get by with a waist pack and not have to use the free lockers. If we get a couple of cups, we will need a small crossbody or backpack. What are your thoughts on the freestyle cups and whether the locker is a big negative. In case it weighs in on your opinion, there will definitely be at least one person who will not be riding the large roller coasters with the metal detectors that could hold the bag. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

some other guy

there may be something really great about the Uni ones I'm overlooking, but yeah I always found carrying a refillable cup around a park sort of a hassle
I guess part of your equation should be how much you really like your sodas. I suspect if it was refillable with beer I might be more inclined personally lol.

JoeCamel

We are leaving next week for our first trip to Universal. Initially, we were excited about the idea of purchasing several of the freestyle refillable soda cups while we are in the parks. We do enjoy our Coke zero and our kids were excited about the Icees. However, during my research I have noticed that many people have commented that traveling light at universal is a huge asset. If we do not purchase the freestyle cups, we could get by with a waist pack and not have to use the free lockers. If we get a couple of cups, we will need a small crossbody or backpack. What are your thoughts on the freestyle cups and whether the locker is a big negative. In case it weighs in on your opinion, there will definitely be at least one person who will not be riding the large roller coasters with the metal detectors that could hold the bag. Thanks so much!
If you use the small free lockers at the rides be sure your cup is empty and hope the one above yours does the same.

GuyFawkes

Cups are a hassle at Universal and not worth it to me. I carry nothing but a phone at Universal. I have never found the need to pack up as much stuff as let's say going to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom