Freeform Drama I Never Knew Existed: Shadowhunters v. Toy Story

erasure fan1

Well it's kinda par for the course. There is a lot of disrespect to the fans from content creators. And Disney seems to be a pioneer in that department.

erasure fan1

Examples?
Look no further than star wars. Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson... all went after fans. Johnson calling fans manbabies and they're not smart enough to get last jedi. People who work for the star wars website posting pics of them drinking from fanboy tears mugs. Kennedy saying she doesn't have a responsibility to cater to male fans. Chuck wendigs twitter rants about the fans... Disney hasn't been very vocal in denouncing this behavior. Wendig was fired but not for going after fans but being too political.

LSLS

Look no further than star wars. Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson... all went after fans. Johnson calling fans manbabies and they're not smart enough to get last jedi. People who work for the star wars website posting pics of them drinking from fanboy tears mugs. Kennedy saying she doesn't have a responsibility to cater to male fans. Chuck wendigs twitter rants about the fans... Disney hasn't been very vocal in denouncing this behavior. Wendig was fired but not for going after fans but being too political.

So this was the first time then? Pioneers would imply they started the trend.

And without taking this too off subject, didn't he call the people attacking an actress who had to delete her accounts manbabies?

In the end, I don't understand the point of this. Why poke fun at a whole fanbase? I don't know, maybe I would have found it funny, but I honestly had never even heard of the show, so it goes over my head anyways. But in a time where you are getting ready to role out your own streaming and you are going to want as many people as possible, it seems like taking a little shot at thousands of people just because you internally find it funny is just kind of stupid.

erasure fan1

So this was the first time then? Pioneers would imply they started the trend.

And without taking this too off subject, didn't he call the people attacking an actress who had to delete her accounts manbabies?
It's not the first time, espn has had a history of this as well. While I'm sure Disney isn't the only one to do this, pioneer might be the wrong word, they have been at the forefront. As far as the context of the manbabies coments, it doesn't matter. I have clients everyday that say nasty things when they don't get their way. And guess what, I don't fire back on them even though they deserve it. First, why stoop to their level. 2nd, my company wouldn't stand for it, as they shouldn't. All you do is fan the flames by trolling trolls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom