FREE/INEXPENSIVE SOUVENIRS/TAKE HOMES

Scoppin

Original Poster
Taking my 2 children, 8 & 10, for their first WDW trip. As a single dad I always have to be looking for the best deals and nothing is better than free. Had a friend mention the coin presses and the workshop where you draw a Disney character and you are able to take home the print/scroll. I am wondering if there is anything else out there.
Trying to make this the best trip possible for my two and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

rob0519

Go to City Hall in the MK and ask for a few "My First Visit" buttons. They're free. Tell them it's also a birthday and get a free Birthday button as well. There's also an "I'm Celebrating" button.

Each park has free maps. If you're staying on site the shampoo and soap is included.

Scoppin

Original Poster
Go to City Hall in the MK and ask for a few "My First Visit" buttons. They're free. Tell them it's also a birthday and get a free Birthday button as well. There's also an "I'm Celebrating" button.

Each park has free maps. If you're staying on site the shampoo and soap is included.
I have gotten some free pins when ordering DVDs from Disney. Both have enjoyed the pins. they will like the first visit buttons. I will like the free buttons. :) Actually, there will be a birthday. My son will be turning 11 on the trip. One reason for going at this time. The other lower attendance and cheaper.

Thank you,

belledream

The Disney animation class is no more, unfortunately. A lot of shops/random CMs are always giving stickers out to children. We've gotten free bookmarks at Enchanted Tales with Belle before. There's the Kidcot Fun Stops at the World Showcase in EPCOT that kids can decorate and collect stamps from each country.

RememberWhen

You can to the sticker book at animal kingdom. I can't remember what it's called, but there are stations where you learn something and then earn a badge. It's pretty cute.
Also te card game at the magic kingdom. I'm sorry I can't remember the names! Both are cute and the kids will enjoy collecting new things.

DVCPluto

Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom cards are free. And they'll love the game, if you have some time for it.

You can pick them up at the "Fire Station" that's to the left after you enter Magic Kingdom. :)

Scoppin

Original Poster
You can to the sticker book at animal kingdom. I can't remember what it's called, but there are stations where you learn something and then earn a badge. It's pretty cute.
Also te card game at the magic kingdom. I'm sorry I can't remember the names! Both are cute and the kids will enjoy collecting new things.
I am sure my two would enjoy learning about animals. They both love animals. I am sure we will spend two days at AK.

Witchy Chick

Taking my 2 children, 8 & 10, for their first WDW trip. As a single dad I always have to be looking for the best deals and nothing is better than free. Had a friend mention the coin presses and the workshop where you draw a Disney character and you are able to take home the print/scroll. I am wondering if there is anything else out there.
Trying to make this the best trip possible for my two and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Your two might be a little old for this, but KidCot stations in Epcot. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/kidcot-fun-stops/ Are they Star Wars fans? If you're visiting DHS, you could sign them up for Jedi Academy (which does not cost anything "extra" besides park admission). For ages 4 -12. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/star-wars-jedi-training/ If you visit Star Wars Launch Bay in DHS, take some little trinkety thing with you (I bought some Star Wars themed rubber bracelets from Target $1 bins). Your kids can "trade" with any Jawas they might see in Launch Bay. We also had a good time watching the Stormtroopers and Captain Phasma march from Launch Bay over to the stage for the Star Wars stage show (although we did not stay for the show). (OK -- enough Star Wars stuff. LOL)

Scoppin

Original Poster
Your two might be a little old for this, but KidCot stations in Epcot. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/kidcot-fun-stops/ Are they Star Wars fans? If you're visiting DHS, you could sign them up for Jedi Academy (which does not cost anything "extra" besides park admission). For ages 4 -12. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/star-wars-jedi-training/ If you visit Star Wars Launch Bay in DHS, take some little trinkety thing with you (I bought some Star Wars themed rubber bracelets from Target $1 bins). Your kids can "trade" with any Jawas they might see in Launch Bay. We also had a good time watching the Stormtroopers and Captain Phasma march from Launch Bay over to the stage for the Star Wars stage show (although we did not stay for the show). (OK -- enough Star Wars stuff. LOL)
No, all of the above is great. They are huge Star Wars fans. going to be at DHS on his birthday and Jedi training is top of the list. Diddn't know about the Jawas trading. Will for sure keep that in mind.

thank you,

Weather_Lady

Bring along a photo flip album and some index cards. (You can find both at the Dollar Store). The kids can collect character autographs on the cards, and then once you're home, you can print photos of the kids with each characters (inexpensive at Walmart or Walgreens, or online via Shutterfly or Snapfish) to display next to the card with that character's signature.

We also enjoy collecting the "papers" from the trip -- photos, ME vouchers, receipts, brochures, paper menu placemats, park maps and schedules -- and making a memory book (or box, or folder, or bulletin board) when we get home.

glvsav37

Ask the monorail, bus and boat drivers if they Transportation Cards. Try and collect as meany as you can.

At Animal Kingdom, they have the Wilderness Explorer Club which is free. The kids get a book and they have to go around the park and stop at as many WE outposts as they can, learn something or do a quick activity and get a sticker badge for their book. Try and fill up the book with badges, there are 30 total. Bonus is that they get to learn something lol.

While not technically "free" Its also not Disney Parks upcharged either. Go on eBay and buy a small package of trading pins (and maybe a lanyard for each kid). Give the kids an even amount at the start of the trip and let them trade with Cast Members so that they can create their "Ultimate Pin Set". CMs will trade any pin no questions asked, so let them trade back and forth.

Also, you can do things like get a white pillow case or plain hat or shirt at home and let the characters to sign that instead of a book. It makes a different type of souvenir

RickP330

In AKL Concierge level, they have sippy cups for the kids in all different animal shapes, this was two years ago and you had to ask for them. We collected 4 or 5 of them.
RP

yfd326

Seeing the child's first visit smile on their face may be thought of as free too...
Though I believe it is priceless!

Scoppin

Original Poster
Seeing the child's first visit smile on their face may be thought of as free too...
Though I believe it is priceless!

I think you are correct on the latter. It was/is priceless. It was even more priceless when I revealed we were going to WDW outside the WDW gates. Their looks were just priceless and something we will never ever forget.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom