Free dining?

ELG13

Original Poster
Is it not bookable anymore? I was just wondering....I always look at room rates, package rates etc so I can be prepared for next year and I didn't see the FDD package available for selection. We had even considered seeing if we could switch since we ended up with the 4 day park hopper.....(my husband is a sucker for FDD)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Free Dining is only offered during specific timeframes in a year. The last promotion for booking Free Dining in 2018 ended on August 1 (which is why you see nothing available.)

ELG13

Original Poster
Free Dining is only offered during specific timeframes in a year. The last promotion for booking Free Dining in 2018 ended on August 1 (which is why you see nothing available.)
Ok thanks!! That's what I thought but the site has been so glitchy for me lately!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can only book free dining, or any promotion for that matter, once the promotions are released. Promotions usually get released just a few months before the travel dates.

As of right now I don't think there are any promotions in the US running past late December and those are just room promotions.

There was free dining offered for the general public for a very narrow set of dates between 8/20/2018 and 12/23/2018, but it had to be booked by 8/1/2018.

The link below shows every promotion Disney offered in 2018.

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#year2018

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Technically its not free dining, as you forgo any resort discount in lieu of the free dining.

Yet with that said, I really did enjoy that the last time we were able to snag it :)

John park hopper

I have booked the POFQ for May 2019 I have never done free dining do they offer free dining and resort discounts at the same time for the same resort. Must you routinely check My Disney Experience to find out when these offers are made?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I have booked the POFQ for May 2019 I have never done free dining do they offer free dining and resort discounts at the same time for the same resort. Must you routinely check My Disney Experience to find out when these offers are made?
Discounts vary from resort to resort but there are times when free dining or a room discount are offered at the same resort (though you can only apply one discount.)

POFQ is usually excluded from free dining, and free dining has never been offered in May.

This site will usually announce when discounts are released as will the main page of Disneyworld.com.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Technically its not free dining, as you forgo any resort discount in lieu of the free dining.

Yet with that said, I really did enjoy that the last time we were able to snag it :)
It was awesome in the olden days.

Last time we snagged it you got the full dining plan at the values and we had a party of 4 that were all adults in the eyes of Disney. The cash value of the dining plan we got was about 120% of the rack rate of the room and we upgraded the tickets to APs that we were going to get anyway.

tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom