Free Dining, Room Charge and Tips

fosse76

Now I am not the planner like many of the people here are...I make it a point to know about procedures and sketch a rough plan of what I want to do, but other than that I tend to "wing it." I had set up a room charge on my Key to the World, and decided that I would leave my credit cards and cash in my room. Well, after eating a good meal at Chefs de France and haveing the meal deducted from my Dining Plan, I was shocked to learn that I had to indicate the tip amount before my waitress credited the meal. I figured that she could charge it whenever. So I was completely embarassed that I had to leave without tipping her...but have no fear. I went back the very next night and handed an envelope to the Maitr D' (with a larger tip than I would have given her). Apparently the two gentlemen sitting next to me did the same thing...though I don't know if they actually went back to give her the tip. I just found it a little annoying that they don't have a system set up in place for such things. You can bet I went fully loaded with cash to my remaining meals!

fosse76

Original Poster
ha ha..... yeah, that one wasnt thought all the way out apparently

I was just relieved that I wasn't the only one who did it...I was already embarassed! When I go back in November I will definitel take cash with me for the tips! I gave her almost double what she should have gotten because I was so embarassed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom