free dining question?

matt9112

Original Poster
i have done it before and know how it works but now we are AP holders and it says a valid ticket is needed in the package? does that mean AP holders can never get free dining?

thanks in advance!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
i have done it before and know how it works but now we are AP holders and it says a valid ticket is needed in the package? does that mean AP holders can never get free dining?

thanks in advance!

Unfortunately Yes, unless you are planning on booking a package that includes a stay AND park tickets.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
that's why free dining really isn't free. Your AP room discount, 10% off food (or 20% if you have tables) is a much better value.

nickys

Premium Member
How is it absurd. It's the whole point of the free dining

Exactly! They offer free dining as an add-on to a package with resort rooms at rack rate. It is not a magnanimous offer, it helps bolster early bookings at a time when there might otherwise be rooms left unbooked for longer.

An AP holder could already be getting a room discount. Where is the profit for Disney? No ticket receipts, plus a possible room discount on top. That’s a loss-leader for sure.

matt9112

Original Poster
Exactly! They offer free dining as an add-on to a package with resort rooms at rack rate. It is not a magnanimous offer, it helps bolster early bookings at a time when there might otherwise be rooms left unbooked for longer.

An AP holder could already be getting a room discount. Where is the profit for Disney? No ticket receipts, plus a possible room discount on top. That’s a loss-leader for sure.

with a larger party i would rather pay the rack and get the free food.
profit....on 180 dollar motel rooms.....i think its there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
with a larger party i would rather pay the rack and get the free food.
profit....on 180 dollar motel rooms.....i think its there.
It can be, but it is tricky these days.

Back when you got the full dining plan for staying at a value we often booked under free dining and banked the tickets as 2 of our kids were adults in the eyes of Disney and the tickets never expire as long as they did not get used.

Now with the only the QS plan being offered it is a lot trickier to make it work over an AP room and food discount.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom