Free Dining package discounts 2018 now available for booking

LAM378

Why oh why oh why is CR so expensive this go around, and why is it excluded from free dining? I didn’t even want free dining, but I’ve been waiting on pins and needles for the room only discount, and it’s severely underwhelming. I booked it but it’s nagging at me that the GF is $100 less per night!

Upvote 0

StoneCutter589

Just called to add free dining to my stay at Disney Beach Club Villas and was told there was no availability, even though I'm a Disney Visa cardholder. Really ridiculous.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Just called to add free dining to my stay at Disney Beach Club Villas and was told there was no availability, even though I'm a Disney Visa cardholder. Really ridiculous.
I was thinking of booking my trip and then upgrade when the free dining came out. I have done that before. Glad I didn't now.

By the way, I went on the WDW vacation site just to see what was available (since now my grown kids may want to go). It said nothing available for POP, nor any of the three All-Star resorts. I even tried without free dining. Do you think that will open up later and reservations will be available (without free dining)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GCTales

There are a limited number of rooms for the free dining and for Visa card at each location that is included.

These rooms go fast- often, rooms associated with free dining are all booked by noon.

Being a Disney visa card holder does not guarantee you will get a room for either promotion. It only means that you have access to the cardholder promotion if there are rooms available for the promotion when you try to book.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
we are booked for PO riverside 2 adults 3 children 6nights 7 days so I'm assuming we would need to get 2 rooms at a value resort to even save money if it will save us any at all
@wdisneyw2000 Port Orleans Riverside was not included with the free dining. You would need to switch to another moderate such as Caribbean Beach that can hold the 5 of you which would be cheaper than 2 rooms at a value or a family suite. I would question why your TA does not have someone covering them while they are away for something such as this. My agents cover for each other when they go away so that the clients are taken care of especially if a promotion comes out. Good luck!

Pam

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Please keep in mind that if that resort/room category is at or close to full capacity for your dates that you will not be able to get it. It is never guaranteed unfortunately

Pam

Upvote 0

StoneCutter589

There are a limited number of rooms for the free dining and for Visa card at each location that is included.

These rooms go fast- often, rooms associated with free dining are all booked by noon.

Being a Disney visa card holder does not guarantee you will get a room for either promotion. It only means that you have access to the cardholder promotion if there are rooms available for the promotion when you try to book.

I called again, and wasn't able to get Free Dining at Yacht Club, Beach Club, or Boardwalk. I was, however, able to get Animal Kingdom Lodge, so I cancelled the Beach Club Villa and switched to AKL.

I'm happy I got free dining, but would've rather kept my original resort.

Do you think it's worth checking back periodically to see if availability changes? Does that happen? Sorry, but this is my first experience with free dining.

As an aside, it appears that most other resorts, except those Deluxe in the Epcot Resort Area, have availability...a real bummer.

Upvote 0

21stamps

UPDATE: While I was still on hold I heard from my sister who was told no more dinning offers for BC. I went to WDW website to check other offers and was able to book the room discount which was 25% at BC . While about $200 less than I would have received had the dining offer been available, the room discount still saved me $1325 so I'm a happy camper .
THIS!!

I always say this on here. If you are staying in a deluxe resort with a view, or maybe even standard depending on party size..Then you are BETTER OFF taking the Room Only Discount and buying the DDP yourself. You’ll still come out ahead. Especially if you don’t need hoppers.

I did this in 2015 at Poly and saved over $1000, including paying for the DDP.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

I called again, and wasn't able to get Free Dining at Yacht Club, Beach Club, or Boardwalk. I was, however, able to get Animal Kingdom Lodge, so I cancelled the Beach Club Villa and switched to AKL.

I'm happy I got free dining, but would've rather kept my original resort.

Do you think it's worth checking back periodically to see if availability changes? Does that happen? Sorry, but this is my first experience with free dining.

As an aside, it appears that most other resorts, except those Deluxe in the Epcot Resort Area, have availability...a real bummer.
When did you call and get the AKL free dining?

Upvote 0

StoneCutter589

When did you call and get the AKL free dining?

Last night. I actually booked it online while I was on the phone with a Cast Member. The Cast Member said she didn't see it availble on her end. So I book it, stayed on the line, and then she transferred the funds from the old BC reservation to the new AKL reservation.

This is a Disney Visa Free Dining Offer ... 8/16-8/23 ...

Upvote 0

fngoofy

Last night. I actually booked it online while I was on the phone with a Cast Member. The Cast Member said she didn't see it availble on her end. So I book it, stayed on the line, and then she transferred the funds from the old BC reservation to the new AKL reservation.

Congrats, glad you got it. I had to fight tooth and nail to get ours, it was a royal pain. I did ours similar to you, booked and then did the mod. Only problem was their system presented it to me and then locked up once I selected it. Thank goodness I took a pic of the screen, that tipped the guest services scales in my favor, but it was a hassle.

I told several guest services folks to please champion a system similar to AMC Theater's where when you select a something you have a timer telling you how long you have to checkout. Apparently Disney's is a snatch as snatch can, and even though you may select something, it can sell out in the 2 seconds it takes you to hit "Select" and then get into the checkout lane.

This whole booking experience had us examining off site options, it was that traumatic.

I will say, I didn't think we'd get to $600-700/night monorail resorts quite this soon, but it is crazy where prices have gone.
Moderates are now not moderately priced.
I saw that you can get a sub-let Bonnet Creek, 2 bedroom condo for about $1500-$1750 for a week, which is basically onsite. But then you have to pay to park at the parks, don't have all the wdw perks, etc. They really need to expand so that they can make more money and bring some pricing relief to the public.

Upvote 0

StoneCutter589

I was just able to change to Yacht Club! My original choice!

Upvote 0

DisneyDaver

I will say, I didn't think we'd get to $600-700/night monorail resorts quite this soon, but it is crazy where prices have gone.
Moderates are now not moderately priced.
I saw that you can get a sub-let Bonnet Creek, 2 bedroom condo for about $1500-$1750 for a week, which is basically onsite. But then you have to pay to park at the parks, don't have all the wdw perks, etc. They really need to expand so that they can make more money and bring some pricing relief to the public.

It is almost certain that WDW will expand, but equally almost certain that expansion will not result in any resort pricing relief. The only thing that will result in pricing relief is if enough people stop booking the WDW monorail resorts. If the resorts are empty because they are priced too high, only then will WDW reduce the prices.

My wife and I were talking tonight about how dramatic (and crazy) the price increases have been at the monorail resorts over the past 10 years. That said, we will be staying at a monorail resort for our next visit because with young kids, we still think it is worth the high price for our 5 day WDW visit.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

It is almost certain that WDW will expand, but equally almost certain that expansion will not result in any resort pricing relief. The only thing that will result in pricing relief is if enough people stop booking the WDW monorail resorts. If the resorts are empty because they are priced too high, only then will WDW reduce the prices.

My wife and I were talking tonight about how dramatic (and crazy) the price increases have been at the monorail resorts over the past 10 years. That said, we will be staying at a monorail resort for our next visit because with young kids, we still think it is worth the high price for our 5 day WDW visit.
I agree with you, that time is money down there (especially with a young child.)

This will blow your mind. 9 yrs ago we took our son for his first trip. We stayed at the Polynesian because the offer was "Buy 4 nights at the resort with park tickets, get 3 nights and park tickets for free."

So you are correct, things have changed over the last 10 yrs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom