Free condiments question

Theodore

Original Poster
Opps, missed that part. Pack breakfast bars and granola bars instead; no problems.
Well I have the table service dining plan but my kids aren't on it I just wanted to make some pb&j sandwiches as a back up. I don't want to use garden grocer since I don't need a lot of stuff.

s8film40

Well I have the table service dining plan but my kids aren't on it I just wanted to make some pb&j sandwiches as a back up. I don't want to use garden grocer since I don't need a lot of stuff.
What hotel are you staying at? I know a lot of the Valet and Bell Service CM's go off property for their lunch break. You might nicely ask them to pick some up for you and offer them a small tip as appreciation.

Djali999

From your value resort call an Uber and direct them to take you to the Target at 192 and 429... less than a 15 minute drive. Buy peanut butter and jelly there. Round trip will take up less than an hour of your vacation.

Kosmo1986

There is also a grocery store called goodings at "the Crossroads". its about 1 mile outside of disney springs at the corner of vineland rd and hotel plaza blvd. If you took a bus to disney springs you could walk (google maps says 20 minutes)

Also most of the hotels (moderate and value) have only a few options, but I KNOW the deluxe have a whole grocery area. I was just in Poly the other day and was looking at it. You COULD on your way to or from MK take the hotel monorail loop and stop at poly or the contemporary and grab it there. This would be far less out of your way the other places (assuming you are going to MK)

Weather_Lady

If you don't want to have to rely on whatever condiments are on offer in the cafeteria (which could change at any time) and likewise don't want to pay inflated prices at the resort shop, Google "Jif Peanut Butter to Go" or "Smucker's Single Servings" to buy single-serve packs. Or better (and cheaper) yet, simply decant PB&J into 3-oz. containers (use your own if you have some condiment-sized Tupperware or plastic baby food containers, buy the little lidded Jell-O shot containers at the Grocery Store, or re-use lidded condiment cups from takeout), and fill a 3-1-1 bag with them.

In the alternative, skip the sandwiches and go with some standalone alternatives -- Pop Tarts, mini cereal boxes, Granola bars, apples, baby carrots, dry soup mixes, Ramen cups, crackers, etc.

daisyduckie

They're under 3 so they don't get a plate. :(

If you eat at any buffets or family style restaurants they are free to eat what they want. Technically it is supposed to come off of your plate, but I don't think they enforce that rule at all.

If you buy bread at the food court then I could see grabbing some peanut butter or jelly. But the condiments are meant for guests who purchase something at the food court they are used on. They are not there to grab and have people make sandwiches from.

slappy magoo

I forget the whole procedure, but I'm fairly certain you can mail stuff to yourself c/o the resort in which you'll be staying. So rather than waste time trying to get to a store, or deal with trying to get your PB&J into 3oz containers and get it in your carry on and hope it doesn't spill, you could probably order some peanut butter and jelly from Amazon, have it delivered to your resort in anticipation of your arrival (you could call the resort in advance and let them know a package is coming for you). If you order it within 3 days of your arrival, it should be there when you arrive.

If that is either too much of a hassle or I'm misremembering and it's no longer an option, than what might be the easiest solution (but a little more out of pocket expense) would be to make a sidetrip to one of the DVC resorts or any other resort with some grocery options. For example, try to arrange your first onsite dinner at Chef Mickey's or The Wave at the Contemporary resort. If you're staying at a value resort, you can take a bus to Magic Kingdom then monorail or simply walk to the Contemporary. The store that also has some staple groceries is on the 4th floor, not far from Chef Mickey's, so you can buy you PB and J there. Is it as cheap as "free?" Of course not. Would it be as cheap as getting it from a convenience store offsite? Probably not, but then you have to get to that store and back. Is it cheaper than having to pay 50 cents per peanut butter packet if indeed they wind up charging you? Yes it is. And you can do that at any of the other resorts that have groceries; I just suspect going to the Contemporary would be the easiest to get to using Disney transportation.

The next option, which someone else suggested, is to go to Downtown Disney or the Epcot resort area and make your way to one of the formerly-Hess-but-I-guess-Speedway-now gas stations. They have a selection of groceries, not as good as a real convenience store but better in many ways to the options in the Disney resort stores, with better prices, too. I'd bet they sell PB & J.

dreamfinder

Bring powdered peanut butter? -> http://www.bellplantation.com/ (I think even Jif makes a version now) You rehydrate when you use it and should be able to find at your local grocery store. Or if you belong to Amazon Prime you should be able to get PB & J shipped via Prime Pantry (and grab yourself some other snacks that way as well)

Tom P.

I don't believe the value resorts have that. I don't recall seeing a grocery section at Pop in June. They have a limited dry goods (first aid, hygiene products, etc).
We just came back from Art of Animation a little over a week ago, and I'm pretty sure they had jars of peanut butter in their small grocery section. Even if Pop doesn't, the OP could easily walk across the bridge to AoA to buy one.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Squeezable Jelly and PB in plastic jars. Easily packable, wrap them good in saran wrap in case of leakage and it won't take up a lot of space.
View attachment 115224 View attachment 115226

Peanut butter unless removed has been on the banned carry on luggage list. Jelly being a liquid might also be.

Note date, prices likely have gone up a little

Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel

• ad92e335-c16b-4a3b-8cfd-6cba0a0097bd.jpg
  • Answered byJodie H
    Georgia
  • CategoryAmenities & Pools
  • We will be staying at Pop Century. Does the gift shop sell bread, milk, things to make sandwiches with?
  • - Asked by Angela from North Carolina on 2/1/2012
  • Hey Angela! You are going to love staying at Disney's Pop Century Resort! This fun Disney Value Resort features giant icons that salute many of the 20th-century popular culture crazes! Everything Pop Dining and Shopping has "everything" at your fingertips with this spacious food court and merchandise shop all in one! I called Everything Pop Dining and Shopping and the cast member confirmed that they do sell small peanut butter packets for 50 cents each, milk can be purchased in the food court area, and bread can be purchased as well. The cast member informed me that they do not keep the bread out on display. However, if you ask the cast member specifically for bread, they will be able get it from the back. Also, the cast member thought you should be able to get complimentary jelly packets from the food court area. If you will be flying to Walt Disney World, another suggestion is to order from Garden Grocer. This is a popular company that delivers groceries to your Walt Disney World Resort. They can also leave them with Bell Services, allowing you to pick them up at your convenience. Visit gardengrocer.com to learn more about this delivery service. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions that I can assist you with! Best wishes for a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation! It will be here before you know it!
    :) Jodie

Last edited:

daisyduckie

I agree. All star sports sells a 'gigantic slice of pizza' for $10 which is no bigger than a regular slice from a pizza joint. The food in the food court is ridiculously over priced though the grill

Which pertains to this how exactly? As the food is over-priced it is ok to take loads of butter, peanut butter, jelly, and whatever from the food court? Most of us know what the food costs ahead of time. If you don't want to pay those prices, then order in groceries, bring food with you, go off site to eat. But making a meal of the "free" stuff in the food court (stuff most of us know is meant to be used as additions to a meal purchased at the food court) is plain tacky.

Btw, the Mom's Panel is the last place one should go for accurate information. Disney even states they don't guarantee the information they give out is correct. They have been known to be horribly wrong.

disney4life2008

Which pertains to this how exactly? As the food is over-priced it is ok to take loads of butter, peanut butter, jelly, and whatever from the food court? Most of us know what the food costs ahead of time. If you don't want to pay those prices, then order in groceries, bring food with you, go off site to eat. But making a meal of the "free" stuff in the food court (stuff most of us know is meant to be used as additions to a meal purchased at the food court) is plain tacky.

Btw, the Mom's Panel is the last place one should go for accurate information. Disney even states they don't guarantee the information they give out is correct. They have been known to be horribly wrong.

Next!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom