Free and secret Disney Transportation Trading Cards

Monorail_Red

They started the transportation trading cards around 2005. There are 18 cards you can collect.

Buses 1-3
1) Gillig Bus
2) Nova Bus
3) RTS Bus

Watercraft 4-6
4) Ferryboat
5) Motor Cruiser
6) Motor Launch

Monorails 7-18
7) Monorail Silver
8) Monorail Black
9) N/A*
10) Monorail Blue
11) Monorail Green
12) Monorail Yellow
13) N/A*
14) Monorail Coral
15) Monorail Lime
16) Monorail Yellow
17) Monorail Red
18) Monorail Gold

*9 & 13 are currently not available. Those were the Pink & Purple cards, and we don't distribute those for an obvious reason.

I always try to carry them on me...but we do tend to run out (they go FAST), and plus during the summer...the humidity can sometimes ruin the cards if they're in our pockets all day/night.

sweetpee_1993

Hi there, Monorail Red! Is there any rhyme or reason that you can tell as to which CM's receive the cards vs. who doesn't? The hubby commented a little while ago that on several occasions when the kids asked a bus driver for the cards the bus driver didn't know what they were talking about. We were just wondering.

Also, understandable why cards 9 & 13 are no longer being distributed. Have you heard anything about the colors being updated to what's current? I hadn't given any thought to those cards until I came across them yesterday. I mentioned to the hubby it's a good thing we got those a couple years ago because we didn't think they'd be continued.

Thanks for listing the card #'s with corresponding Monorail colors. I stared at them until I was cross-eyed trying to discern the similar colors from each other. :hammer:

Monorail_Red

There's no official system...nobody is required to carry the cards. Some do it more than others. I try to pick up as many as I can before my shift so I don't run out. Sometimes I forget to grab some before I walk on stage. So you just have to ask around. :)

GenerationX

This is a pretty cool idea. We'd be more likely to run into CMs with cards if they had a series for Parking Lot Trams, but we'll try to snag a Monorail card on our next trip. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a Tronorail Rookie card.

sweetpee_1993

There's no official system...nobody is required to carry the cards. Some do it more than others. I try to pick up as many as I can before my shift so I don't run out. Sometimes I forget to grab some before I walk on stage. So you just have to ask around. :)

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

This is a pretty cool idea. We'd be more likely to run into CMs with cards if they had a series for Parking Lot Trams, but we'll try to snag a Monorail card on our next trip. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a Tronorail Rookie card.

As far as I know the only cards they've done are the original 18 listed here. It'd be neat if they did more, tho! :D

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We have two nearly-complete sets. We originally got the bus and monorail cards back in early 2007 (or mid-2006... can't remember exactly), and we never got any of the boat cards... until last week. :) Finally got one of the three boat cards, and my oldest son tried to get the other two but was unsuccessful.

To us, it's one of those little, nice things that aren't advertised yet are extremely fun.

cinderellafan6

They started the transportation trading cards around 2005. There are 18 cards you can collect.

Buses 1-3
1) Gillig Bus
2) Nova Bus
3) RTS Bus

I always try to carry them on me...but we do tend to run out (they go FAST), and plus during the summer...the humidity can sometimes ruin the cards if they're in our pockets all day/night.

Sorry im confused..what are the Gilling, Nova and RTS busses?

Thumbelina

Okay. I'm hoping this will work. I organized & labeled all the scans so everything is pretty well in order. You can go to my WDW Transportation Card Scans here.

We have duplicates of the following:

#3 - 2 extras
#8 - 1 extra
#10 - 1 extra
#12 - 1 extra

Of course we'd love to fill the gaps in what we have. So we'll be open to trades for what we're missing: #'s 4 thru 6 (boats) and #'s 17 & 18 (both monorails).

Thanks y'all! Hope you enjoyed! :wave:

thank you for posting the pictures :)
I was wondering what they looked like.
hopefully i will be able to start my collection soon!

nngrendel

We collected quite a bit of cards on our visit.
The very first bus we got on the driver gave us a stack of bus cards.
However the watercraft cards seemed to be the hardest to get.
We were on the boat from DHS to the Beach Club and we were told they didn't have the cards because they were considered an attractions and not transportation. LOL. The driver said they have been complaining for years to Disney about that. From what I heard about the only place to get the watercraft cards is from the boat from the ticket center to the MK.

However the kids loved collecting them.

aladdin4000

I've never heard about these until now.. yet another reason to love this forum! I can't wait to start collecting them! My family is always looking for more and more things to keep us busy in WDW and i know they will just love these!

JafarMaleficent

i was just there on thursday june 24 and the monorail platform cm said they have no more that they might get some more when the new monorails come out. that that was intresting.

ford1206

trans cards

we started getting them in summer 2008 and had the whole set by the next time we went fall of 2008 we do have some duplicates

Frenchi

Pin

We just came back from our trip to Disney. My daughters started asking for the trading cards. One driver gave them a "bus Pin". He claims that only bus drivers can give out these pins. Any clue?

Amelia's Man

New Cards!!

Hi everyone! I'm brand new here and just wanted to report that the Transportation Collector Cards are in fact STILL being given out!
We just got back from WDW and I was able to get a good number of them! Some are from the original series of 18 cards, and some are from the NEW set of 25 cards!
I have some extras that I'm willing to trade for ones that I need!
I still need cards #1, #2, and #3 from the first series of 18!

mickeyme

I have lots of doubles. I will check to see what I have available.
Here is a checklist for the 2nd series of the Disney transportation cards:

1) The Gillig-Mickey
2) The Nova-Minnie
3) The RTS-Pluto
4) Ferry Boat-Woody
5) Motor Cruiser-Tinkerbell
6) Motor Launch-Chip
7) Sassagoula River Cruise-Flounder
8) Downtown Disney Water Taxi-Peter Pan
9) Disney Vacation Club Ferry Blue Launch-Stitch
10) Disney Vacation Club Ferry Green Launch-Merryweather
11) Magic Kingdom Boat-Dumbo
12) Grand One Yacht-Little Mermaid
13) Electrical Water Pageant-King Triton
14) Monorail Silver-Buzz Lightyear
15) Monorail Black-Figment
16) Monorail Teal-Tramp
17) Monorail Blue-Jiminy Cricket
18) Monorail Green-Sulley
19) Monorail Yellow/Orange-Simba
20) Monorail Gold-Goofy
21) Monorail Coral -Snow White
22) Monorail Lime-Mike Wazowski
23) Monorail Yellow-Cinderella
24) Monorail Red-Daisy Duck
25) Monorail All 11 monorails-Sebastian

mickeyme

There are other cards at the parks too. Here is a list of the Timon and Pumbaa Wild about Safety cards.

Issued in cooperation with Underwriters Laboratories. A map also accompanied these cards. Some of these cards were printed with different fronts and the writing also was in different colors.

1) Hold on to your gear
2) Stay seated at all times (round corners)
2) Stay seated at all times (square corners)
3) No Stampeding! (round corners)
3) No Stampeding! (square corners)
4) Keep arms, hooves, tusks & tails inside the vehicle (round corners)
4) Keep arms, hooves, tusks & tails inside the vehicle (square corners)
5) Be aware, It's a jungle out there! (round corners)
5) Be aware, It's a jungle out there! (square corners)
6) Let the cubs decide if they want to ride (round corners)
6) Let the cubs decide if they want to ride (square corners)
7) Have fun in the sun, don't get overdone
8) Follow the rules of the jungle
9) Stay on your feet, It's not a seat
10) Make sure you are well enough to ride (round corners)
10) Make sure you are well enough to ride (square corners)
11) Paws behind the lines (round corners)
11) Paws behind the lines (square corners)
12) Watch over your head
13) Don't wait too late to hydrate
14) Your yummies are not good for our tummies
15) Good Little Critters

Red Wild Card - It's a rope, not a ride (round corners)

Green Wild Card - It's a rope, not a ride (square corners)

Bonus card - Have fun in the sun, don't get overdone - blank back. You wet the
card and a special message appears!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom