France movie-ready for new one?

Simba's Mom

Original Poster
Does anyone know how old the movie in France is? I saw it recently, and it looked like it had been there a while. Is it about time to update it with a newer movie? And if so, I'm just curious as to who would pay for it? Would it be Disney or whoever the sponsor is (and that I don't know)?

JIMINYCR

Its been old and tired for a loooong time. It's one film I've skipped past often because its never really been that decent of a film. Its been due for a change. Whenever I've gone in theres very few watchers. Maybe one day if its redone more guests will sit through it.

Mista C

Wow, and I feel the exact opposite! This has literally been my favorite attraction in Epcot since it opened. Between the music and the scenery, I find it just amazing. I have thought in the past that they won't be able to leave it there forever, but I will definitely be crushed whenever that day comes.

Lucky

Wow, and I feel the exact opposite! This has literally been my favorite attraction in Epcot since it opened. Between the music and the scenery, I find it just amazing. I have thought in the past that they won't be able to leave it there forever, but I will definitely be crushed whenever that day comes.
It's my favorite of the country movies - as you say the music and scenery are terrific.

ScottKC

The cars and clothes date the film, but the use of classical music and the French architecture and landscape(as much as 1100 years old as put in this thread) give it a rather timeless quality. But it is not everyone's taste and that's ok too.

OK...slight rant here...you've been warned should you continue:

I think it is unfortunate that our "Popular Culture" has "dated" and "evolved" past things like this. I was struck by how classy and elevating the Grand Opening Gala(Orchestral Music, elegantly clothed popular singers, acrobatic performers in elaborate set pieces) of Shanghai Disneyland was compared to the loud, youth/hip obsessed 60th anniversary Disneyland Special, I'm officially an(38 yr old) old fart I know. Oh well, the late 20th & 21 st century American obsession with perpetual adolescence continues...

Rant over

Demeter Tess

I'm so happy to read that others adore this film as much as I do! It is my favourite of the World Showcase movies, and the architecture and music are always entrancing. Such a lovely break from the heat and crowds!

Retroman40

The scenery shots and music are both outstanding and I still enjoy an occasional visit. Yes, the clothing and vehicles do "date" it a bit. An update to a few scenes would be great but in the big picture aren't really critical. Maybe I am just a bit nostalgic since this is "an Epcot Original".

graphite1326

I'm surprised they haven't changed it to a Hunchback of Notre Dame theme. I like the present film because it's about the country and it's History. Not some animated film.

The Empress Lilly

I adore this movie. It has class, artistry and visual poetry. Three things no longer produced by Disney for the Florida parks nor appreciated by the unwashed who now populate them. I'd very much long for a modern replacement, but we'd either get something obnoxious in its failed attempt to be hip, likely presented by a celeb has-been from fifteen years ago, or a Marvel-Pixar tie-in. So long may France's movie last!

Bacon

They can't make a new one silly! this is what france looks like now
vs old
paris now
iu-3.jpeg
Paris a long ago
iu-5.jpeg

it might fit in with soarin' but not world showcases movie sorry

Simba's Mom

Original Poster
It's my favorite of the country movies - as you say the music and scenery are terrific.

OK, You guys have honestly inspired me to see it again. Maybe it will have the same effect on me as "Country Bear Jamboree". Gave it just one more chance, after finding it "lame" and "boring". Now, I love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom