News FPs cancelled when Hotel room cancelled

Rteetz

Original Poster
Reportedly starting 2/4 when you cancel your WDW hotel room your fastpasses will also be cancelled so those that made throwaway room reservations wouldn't be able to do so anymore.

Also you are said to have 2 days of grace period. So if you rebook you would still have the fastpasses rather than them cancelling immediately.

Last edited:

Rteetz

Original Poster
Had no idea this was a thing. So, people make a resort reservation, set their fast passes when their window opens, the cancel the room, stay offsite and get to keep their fast passes even thought they are no longer linked to a valid reservation?
Yep, its a huge thing. People have been doing it since the 60-day window thing started in order to get a jump on the 30 day window.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Had no idea this was a thing. So, people make a resort reservation, set their fast passes when their window opens, the cancel the room, stay offsite and get to keep their fast passes even thought they are no longer linked to a valid reservation?

Exactly

DisneyJoe

Off-site has a limited part to do with it, since many Disney Springs resorts now get a 60-day window for FP+...

mikejs78

Premium Member
That penalizes the guest who was going to rebook. If I am going to change my hotel why should I have to lose all of my FP's? People change/rebook all the time especially when different discounts come out.
What would make sense is if there was a grace period - i.e. the FPs disappear if there's no reservation attached for 24 hours. But if you rebook and your FPs overlap, then you're OK.

Still won't solve the throwaway campground issue...

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’m surprised they wouldn’t roll that in with this. If you aren’t staying on site a given evening, you shouldn’t have the on-site perks.
Sure - but some people book a trip, let's say April 1 to 14, but only intend to stay from April 7 to 14. So their FP window opens April 1, they get a better shot at FoP and SDD than if they had their actual booking. A few weeks after FP selection, they modify their reservation to April 7-14. Their FPs are still only valid for the days they are there, but....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom