FP+ with universal visit in the middle of disney stay

drp4video

Original Poster
We arrive May 12th and plan to go to Epcot.
May 13th is AK
May 14 and 15 are Universal
May 16 is MK
We leave May 17 and plan to go to DHS

My 60 day window is March 13. I have a 4 day Disney pass.

On March 13th will I only be able to book Epcot and AK? Or can I also book MK and DHS? And if I can't book MK and DHS on the 13th, when can I book those?

nickys

Premium Member
We arrive May 12th and plan to go to Epcot.
May 13th is AK
May 14 and 15 are Universal
May 16 is MK
We leave May 17 and plan to go to DHS

My 60 day window is March 13. I have a 4 day Disney pass.

On March 13th will I only be able to book Epcot and AK? Or can I also book MK and DHS? And if I can't book MK and DHS on the 13th, when can I book those?

So are you moving offsite and then back onsite?

On your 60 day window you can make FPs from check-in to check-out day. Then you get a rolling 60 day window until your next check-in day when once again you get a 60 day window for the second stay.

But to explain in detail I need to know what nights you're staying onsite for. :)

nickys

Premium Member
If you are staying at a Disney resort for the whole time, you can book all your Disney days on May 12th. Those days don't have to be consecutive days at Disney parks, they can be any days of your stay. And you are limited by the number of days you have tickets for.

If you are onsite for the nights 12th and 13th, and moving back for the nights of the 15th and 16th, then

On March 13th you can book for May 12th and 13th

On March 16th you can book for May 16th and 17th

If your plans are different again, let us know. :)

drp4video

Original Poster
Thank you for your responses. Sorry, I am staying on site the whole time. So from reading the responses, it appears I can make all my park FP+ reservations at one time on March 13th, my 60 day window, even though I am not visiting the parks consecutively.

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you for your responses. Sorry, I am staying on site the whole time. So from reading the responses, it appears I can make all my park FP+ reservations at one time on March 13th, my 60 day window, even though I am not visiting the parks consecutively.

Correct!

Nsaudra

We stayed at Disney at the first and last if our trip.. I know you said the whole time, but the reason we stayed on property at Unaversal and I'm so glad we did. You get to skip lines so worth it... then back to disney for the ride back to the airport

drp4video

Original Poster
I thought about it because of the Universal express pass, but I have enough disney reward visa points to pay for whole hotel stay at POFQ plus I still have free parking. Got my park tickets from Undercover tourist so couldn't use the reward points for tickets. If I go back, as the end of free parking if staying at a disney hotel has angered me, I will most likely stay off site and bet a better room for less money, and maybe try a night or two at Universal. I always rent a car.

jollyholiday80

I thought about it because of the Universal express pass, but I have enough disney reward visa points to pay for whole hotel stay at POFQ plus I still have free parking. Got my park tickets from Undercover tourist so couldn't use the reward points for tickets. If I go back, as the end of free parking if staying at a disney hotel has angered me, I will most likely stay off site and bet a better room for less money, and maybe try a night or two at Universal. I always rent a car.
Wait...so you can no longer park for free at the parks if you're staying onsite in a Disney resort???

drp4video

Original Poster
Wait...so you can no longer park for free at the parks if you're staying onsite in a Disney resort???
That is correct. If you made your reservation after March 21, 2018, then you will be charged per night. $13 for Value, $19 for Moderate, and $24 for Deluxe. There are some exceptions:
  • All parking fees will be applied to the hotel folio upon check-out
  • Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle
  • Disney Vacation Club Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at any Walt Disney World Resort hotel
  • Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

nickys

Premium Member
That is correct. If you made your reservation after March 21, 2018, then you will be charged per night. $13 for Value, $19 for Moderate, and $24 for Deluxe. There are some exceptions:
  • All parking fees will be applied to the hotel folio upon check-out
  • Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle
  • Disney Vacation Club Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at any Walt Disney World Resort hotel
  • Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

He asked about the parks, not resorts. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom