FP+ Scheduling and Timing Help

zweltar

This summer I will be taking my son to WDW for the first time. He's 2, almost 3. I have not yet done a trip with FP+, but I was a pro with the legacy FP system. My question is regarding the timing of FP+. Is early better? All together? Spaced out to allow more time to explore? Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Any advice would be welcomed.
Its honestly down to you and how you propose to tour the parks.

With somebody that young you're going to have to allow lots of time between FP to get from one attraction to the other, as there will be so many distractions on the way. So if you're staying in the same park all day I'd space them out.

However, if you're park hopping then I'd get to park 1 early and do what you need to do before the masses arrive. Have your FP saved for park 2 so you cut down on the already well established lines when you get there.

The third variation would be to group them all together as early as possible, thus allowing time and increasing your chances of getting additional passes later in the day. This method would work best with seasoned visitors without toddlers in tow.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

To simplify things a whole lot...

Epcot, doesn't really matter.
Studios, doesn't really matter.
Animal Kingdom, doesn't really matter.

For the Magic Kingdom, you can either go the commando route or the leisure route. The commando route is probably closest to what you're used to with the legacy system. Get the Fastpasses as early as possible for the biggest rides, crisscrossing the park to get on Mine, Splash, Space, Thunder, and Peter. Then return to the kiosks to get additional Fastpasses.

I think the major benefit of the FP+ system is that it doesn't require commando touring because you don't need a "runner" to crisscross the park. Since FP+, I've always done two full MK days per trip. One day would have FP+ for Space, Mine Train, and Pooh. The other day would have FP+ for Splash, Thunder, and Peter Pan. We'd do half of the park each day with Fastpasses spread throughout.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

This summer I will be taking my son to WDW for the first time. He's 2, almost 3. I have not yet done a trip with FP+, but I was a pro with the legacy FP system. My question is regarding the timing of FP+. Is early better? All together? Spaced out to allow more time to explore? Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!
My thoughts are that we do enjoy the new system at least equally to the old system, if not more. Granted it's just DH and I, no kids, so maybe that influences our thoughts on the subject.

What I enjoy most is that we do not have to go all the way to an attraction or a board to check out what time a FP is available for, if it's available at all (I know, first world problems, right?). It's nice to be able to change or make a FP+ from our phones, and we do like how we make them in advance from home or our resort room.
For example, last trip DH was sick on and off so we were able to adjust our FP+ times on the spot on our phones to accommodate what he needed. If it were paper, we'd have to just forfeit it I guess. It allowed us flexibility which was nice. Traveling with a toddler requires flexibility too so in that aspect of it, I think you'll find it helpful.

Happy planning and have a great trip!

Upvote 0
I went with a 2 year old. I personally like trying to get all the FPs early so that way you can take advantage of adding more later before they run out. That being said, if you want something like SDMT then get whatever time you can get and try to edit later. Definitely get Peter pan and you story mania otherwise you will wait forever. The other rides are not too bad.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

As others said, it depends on your particular schedule.

If you know you're going to be at parks at rope drop, I'd save the FP+ for later in the day -- after you've returned to the parks from a nap break. If you're going to be sleeping in and arriving mid-morning, however, then you'll need those FP+ earlier, and may want to try and use all 3 by the afternoon, so you can try for a fourth.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

I always like early so other rides you don't have fast passed you have the rest of the day to do. Also once all 3 are used for the day you can do one at a time the rest of that day. You'll also find that early the lines aren't as long in the morning so you can ride other rides with smaller lines while waiting for your next FP

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom