FP+ Schedule and Ideas Help

zweltar

Hey all! My DW and I are taking my DS on his first trip to see the Mouse this coming June. We've talked through some FP+ ideas, and I'd like to bounce those ideas off of the experienced FP+'ers around here and see if there was any feedback or suggestions.

Trip Overview: June 9-14, 5 nights/6 days staying at ASMovies with a rental car. Park hopper on tickets. First 4 days with have Grandma and Grandpa joining us.

Day 1: Thursday, June 9 (arrival day)
We're predicting a 1 o'clock arrival at AK.
-1:30 FP+ at Kilimanjaro (should I save this for the coming-soon Sunset Safari? this is our only evening in AK)
-3:00 FP+ Lion King or Nemo
-5:00 dinner at Boma AKL
-Save the last FP+ for RoL, whenever those are available.

Day 2: Friday, June 10 - MK AM EMH
We were thinking we'd save our FP+ spots for the evening after our afternoon break, since we're hoping to hit rope drop for EMH and hit as much of Fantasyland as possible in the early morning. Are there any attractions that we'll need to FP even with the morning EMH?
- Enchanted Tales with Belle - FP late morning or early evening
- Mine Train FP+ with rider swap
- Jungle Cruise (or something else?)

Day 3: Saturday, June 11 - Epcot
9:30 breakfast Ohana
head to epcot
- Soarin FP+ w/ Rider Swap 11:30am (if it's open in some form)
- Test Track FP+ w/ Rider Swap 1:00
- Turtle Talk FP+
- Frozen ride if it is open/depending on tiers
- 6:15 dinner at Biergarten
- Evening Illuminations fireworks cruise

Day 4: Sunday, June 12 - DHS AM EMH
- Arrive at Rope Drop for EMH
- TSMM FP+ (what time should I do this? rush there to do standby and then a FP+ for later morning?)
- Disney Jr. Live FP+
- Frozen Sing Along FP+
- Dinner at Whispering Canyon at 6. Not sure which park we're going to after that. Either DHS for SW fireworks/Fantasmic, AK for RoL, or MK for Wishes

Day 5: Monday, June 13 - AK AM EMH
We're planning on staying here only for a few hours in the morning or through lunch, so we were thinking we'd save our FP+ spots for whichever park we choose to go to that night. Good idea? Bad idea? We're not sure which park we want to go to at night. See options from previous day. :)

Day 6: Tuesday, June 14 - MK
Last day. Sleep in a little bit. Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 9:30.
- Peter Pan FP+
- Tomorrowland Speedway FP+
- ideas for 3rd FP+?

Thanks for reading through this long post, and thanks in advance for any help you can lend.

YozhikRoth

This is a loaded question, because we don't know how old your son is, nor what your family's appetite is for certain Disney experiences. A couple of general guidelines:
  1. Save the Fastpasses for the truly big line crunches (SM, 7 Dwarves, Peter Pan, Buzz, BTM in MK; Soarin', TT, Frozen in Epcot, TOT, RRC, TSM, ST in DHS; EE, KS, KRR in AK.
  2. Use the Fastpasses early (starting around 10ish) so that you'll have a good selection for your 4th FP.
  3. Use line tracking apps (I perfer TouringPlans.com's) to see what some attractions/meets are trending.
  4. Use the MDE app to swap out a FP if you see the standby line is short.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You cannot have FP+ for both Test Track and Soarin' (assuming it has reopened by the time of your trip) because they are both Tier 1. And it is highly likely Frozen will be Tier 1 as well. Getting a same day (4th) FP+ for any Tier 1 attraction in the busy month of June is a long shot.

If you want to ride Toy Story more than once, head there immediately after rope drop ~ your wait should be under 30 minutes.

MK has the most options for getting same-day fastpasses.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You cannot have FP+ for both Test Track and Soarin' (assuming it has reopened by the time of your trip) because they are both Tier 1. And it is highly likely Frozen will be Tier 1 as well. Getting a same day (4th) FP+ for any Tier 1 attraction in the busy month of June is a long shot.
I expect the same will be true at DAK once RoL opens. I suspect that Kilimanjaro, Everest, and RoL will be Tier 1.

Upvote 0

zweltar

Original Poster
This is a loaded question, because we don't know how old your son is, nor what your family's appetite is for certain Disney experiences. A couple of general guidelines:
  1. Save the Fastpasses for the truly big line crunches (SM, 7 Dwarves, Peter Pan, Buzz, BTM in MK; Soarin', TT, Frozen in Epcot, TOT, RRC, TSM, ST in DHS; EE, KS, KRR in AK.
  2. Use the Fastpasses early (starting around 10ish) so that you'll have a good selection for your 4th FP.
  3. Use line tracking apps (I perfer TouringPlans.com's) to see what some attractions/meets are trending.
  4. Use the MDE app to swap out a FP if you see the standby line is short.
My son is going to be almost 3. My wife and I were previously hardcore, commando style park goers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom