FP+ Question: Test Track / Soarin' / Frozen EE

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
It looks like they are keeping the FP+ tier levels in place in Epcot for the time being and Test Track, Soarin' and Frozen Ever After are all Tier 1. I am looking for opinions on what would be the best choice to FP and which one would be the one to head to at rope-drop? Will FP be available for any of them to choose as a 4th FP once the others are used? This is assuming that you want to do all three attractions on the same day.

dm11

FP Frozen, rope drop Soarin' and single rider at Test Track will work well if you can use single rider line. If you do not feel comfortable with that (like me - kids are too young in my case, well, opinion :)) then it becomes a difficult decision. We'll have to wait and see what the wait times will be. My guess is that it is possible the wait times will drop both at Soarin' and TT. First there will be big Frozen draw and second increased capacity at Soarin'.

So one option (if TT times drop enough) could be rope drop Soarin', get onto TT regular line right after and FP Frozen. Or it may force 2 days at Epcot (if possible to fit into your vacation). In that case I would FP Soarin' one day and Frozen the other. TT would be rope drop on one of those days. The second day could be sleep in and late in park or any of the 3 as rope drop.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I would make 3 FP+ for the earliest possible, adjacent times, so they'll all be used up/expired before noon -- 9am Mission:Space (just to use it up), 10am Frozen, 11am Spaceship Earth or Character Spot (again, just to use it up).

I'd hit Test Track at rope drop, then Mission:Space, then Frozen at 10am, then another attraction or two of choice, arriving at SSE/CS at 10:55am (there's a 5-minute grace period before your FP+ window where you can use it ahead of time - might as well use is ASAP), then immediately try to get a 4th FP+ for Soarin'. Most days, you should still be able to get a Soarin' FP+ if you try before noon. In fact, I would imagine that getting a 4th FP+ for any of the Tier 1 attractions is only going to get easier once there's another one (Frozen) for people to choose.

If you preferred to start with Soarin' and then try for a 4th FP+ at Test Track, just substitute one for the other in the plan above, and then substitute something closer to Soarin' (like Living with the Land) as your 9am "use it up" FP+. You could also then do your SSE/CS/whatever/second "use it up" FP+ at 10am and save Frozen for 11am, so there's less running around.

More (pre-Frozen, of course) info. here:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/05/06/fastpass-plus-availability/

Upvote 0

dm11

I would make 3 FP+ for the earliest possible, adjacent times, so they'll all be used up/expired before noon -- 9am Mission:Space (just to use it up), 10am Frozen, 11am Spaceship Earth or Character Spot (again, just to use it up).

I'd hit Test Track at rope drop, then Mission:Space, then Frozen at 10am, then another attraction or two of choice, arriving at SSE/CS at 10:55am (there's a 5-minute grace period before your FP+ window where you can use it ahead of time - might as well use is ASAP), then immediately try to get a 4th FP+ for Soarin'. Most days, you should still be able to get a Soarin' FP+ if you try before noon. In fact, I would imagine that getting a 4th FP+ for any of the Tier 1 attractions is only going to get easier once there's another one (Frozen) for people to choose.

If you preferred to start with Soarin' and then try for a 4th FP+ at Test Track, just substitute one for the other in the plan above, and then substitute something closer to Soarin' (like Living with the Land) as your 9am "use it up" FP+. You could also then do your SSE/CS/whatever/second "use it up" FP+ at 10am and save Frozen for 11am, so there's less running around.

More (pre-Frozen, of course) info. here:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/05/06/fastpass-plus-availability/

I like your idea. You would have to substitute "use it up" attractions, though :). Hard to believe, but both Mission: Space and Living with the Land are Tier 1 attractions. Actually, that is one of my pet peeves - Land being Tier 1. The only choices (Tier 2) are Spaceship Earth, Character Spot or one of Nemo attractions. Unless you count Figment or Pixar Short Film.

I still can't believe they won't change tiers. Just does not seem logical anymore.

Upvote 0

DisneyJeff

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I like your idea. You would have to substitute "use it up" attractions, though :). Hard to believe, but both Mission: Space and Living with the Land are Tier 1 attractions. Actually, that is one of my pet peeves - Land being Tier 1. The only choices (Tier 2) are Spaceship Earth, Character Spot or one of Nemo attractions. Unless you count Figment or Pixar Short Film.

I still can't believe they won't change tiers. Just does not seem logical anymore.

... or at least open it up to allow two tier 1 FP selections instead of 1.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Wowza! You're right. :oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jess G

That's crazy! I thought they would have dropped Living with the Land to a 2 :(

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Our plan is to Rope drop Frozen then have breakfast at Akershus, then use child swap/fastpass+ for Soarin' and Test Track

Decent plan, but I would be careful.

Do you already have the reservation for Akershus?
If so, how much time will there be between rope drop and your reservation time? If it's less than an hour, I'd consider taking a FP for Frozen.

Upvote 0

bee

FP Frozen, rope drop Soarin and use single rider at Test Track.
This. I've also had good luck riding Soarin' either right before park close (if you don't mind missing Illuminations) or during nighttime EMH (if you are a resort guest). Once during EMH I rode Soarin' twice in a row in under 30 minutes including both queues and both rides. As others have mentioned, once Frozen opened it MIGHT divert some crowds away from Soarin', but it also might bring more in the form of people who never would have visited Epcot without the draw of Frozen. Time will tell I guess?

I am also annoyed that LWTL is still in tier 1 when it was put there to replace Maelstrom WAY back in the day.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I can't recall something that would be pertinent to this question.

Was Maelstrom usually running in the morning, seeing as how World Showcase doesn't officially open until 11am usually?

Will they have Frozen running during the time people would be heading to Akershus?

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Decent plan, but I would be careful.

Do you already have the reservation for Akershus?
If so, how much time will there be between rope drop and your reservation time? If it's less than an hour, I'd consider taking a FP for Frozen.
Yup already have my reservation. Park opens at 9 and our reservation is for 10:10 so we're okay! Plus we aren't going til December so maybe the hype with die down a bit.

Upvote 0

Second Star to the Right

In my scenario, World Showcase will not be open until 11 AM the day I visit, but Future World opens at 9 AM. My thought process is to to rope drop Soarin, Single ride Test Track, and hopefully score the FP+ for Frozen Ever After mid-morning when that side opens. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Rob562

In my scenario, World Showcase will not be open until 11 AM the day I visit, but Future World opens at 9 AM. My thought process is to to rope drop Soarin, Single ride Test Track, and hopefully score the FP+ for Frozen Ever After mid-morning when that side opens. Good luck!

Expect the Frozen stuff to be open at 9am.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Mark P.

FP Frozen, rope drop Soarin and use single rider at Test Track.

Another vote for this strategy. We have FP+ booked for Mission: SPACE, Spaceship Earth, and Frozen, will be hitting Soarin' at rope drop then immediately hitting up Test Track. Unfortunately we had to abandon grabbing breakfast at Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie since that would be far too much back-and-forth that early in the morning, but are hoping we'll have time for a quick snack at Sunshine Seasons after Soarin'...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom