FP+ Canadians / Sync / Passes

sci223

Original Poster
Hello all......
(My first post, yay!)
Been reading these board for awhile too!

Ok so here's my situation. I feel like it's unique, but maybe not so much afterall?

Looking for help on this one.

3 Canadians travelling to WDW. Staying on property. Only booked for 7 nights 2 adults (because who wants to pay the extra adult charge fee, right?).
I'm the primary reservation holder, but the other 2 are staying 2 days longer than me. The 3rd unaccounted adult booked the 2 nights under her name so we can all use resort perk of FP+....I'm aware it won't be right on 60 days, not a problem.

So all 3 of us bought passes last year when they did the Canadian at par. So we need a passport to pick up / activate tickets? How will that alter me using FP and will it link to my magic band? And the 3rd person, they can still use FP+ on their booking for the 5 day pass duration, even though their reso is only for 2 nights?

If that's possible. Because we are all planning our trip together. How would it link to a magic band for the 3rd person when their check in is not until 7 nights later, how would they pick up the pass at the park and then not have a magic band... (Card?).

Sorry if this post aggravated people, not purposely trying to scam in the 3rd adult, just don't agree paying extra when the 2 beds are right there...i'm sure we all do it. Should i bypass our magic band order all together (use FP+ via the app) and then the 3 of us just pick it up at the park and then link it within our app? Will that work?

I've been to Disney many times, just unfortunately not since FP+ / MagicBand has been introduced.

Any help / advice?

Thanks,
Jeff

mattdenine

The tickets can be linked to your account's once they are linked you can make your FP selections at the appropriate time.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Your My Disney Experience accounts can add other people with accounts as friends you are vacationing with for purposes of booking FP+. All the friends have to have ticket media associated with their accounts. Those of you on the resort reservation can book at 60 days and then either try to clone those FP+ for the third person or find an overlapping FP+ for them.

The MDE accounts contain all the information about your resort reservation, dining ADRs, tickets, PhotoPass, etc. Whether you get MBs or ticket media doesn't matter. The third person would have to activate their tickets at Guest Relations when you first go to the parks and get a card ticket or purchase a MagicBand to use until they "Check in" for their separate reservation. As long as their ticket is valid for their full number of days, it'll be valid once activated and already present on the check-in MB when they finally pick that up.

The advantage to having an MB rather than just getting a card is the on-ride photos will associate with each individual's account, but if the three of you ride together, then as long as some of you have MBs, the photo will show up in the accounts of anyone you've indicated is vacationing with you. Then the only issue would be if you ride a ride with two-by-two seating, you might not get the third person who has a card if they're the one sitting alone (solution to this would be having that person always sit beside one of the MBs).

Have fun!

ETA: As a Canadian, you won't have your MB mailed to you in advance, so you'll all receive them at check-in.

nickys

Premium Member
Your My Disney Experience accounts can add other people with accounts as friends you are vacationing with for purposes of booking FP+. All the friends have to have ticket media associated with their accounts. Those of you on the resort reservation can book at 60 days and then either try to clone those FP+ for the third person or find an overlapping FP+ for them.

The MDE accounts contain all the information about your resort reservation, dining ADRs, tickets, PhotoPass, etc. Whether you get MBs or ticket media doesn't matter. The third person would have to activate their tickets at Guest Relations when you first go to the parks and get a card ticket or purchase a MagicBand to use until they "Check in" for their separate reservation. As long as their ticket is valid for their full number of days, it'll be valid once activated and already present on the check-in MB when they finally pick that up.

The advantage to having an MB rather than just getting a card is the on-ride photos will associate with each individual's account, but if the three of you ride together, then as long as some of you have MBs, the photo will show up in the accounts of anyone you've indicated is vacationing with you. Then the only issue would be if you ride a ride with two-by-two seating, you might not get the third person who has a card if they're the one sitting alone (solution to this would be having that person always sit beside one of the MBs).

Have fun!

ETA: As a Canadian, you won't have your MB mailed to you in advance, so you'll all receive them at check-in.

If they're all linked together, with tickets attached correctly, they can make FPs for their late arriving friend at the same time as their own, as long as the friend is getting the same FP as the onsite duo. No need to pfaff about looking for overlapping times etc.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If they're all linked together, with tickets attached correctly, they can make FPs for their late arriving friend at the same time as their own, as long as the friend is getting the same FP as the onsite duo. No need to pfaff about looking for overlapping times etc.
I thought the 60-day window would only open for the third person at 60 days prior to their resort reservation?

nickys

Premium Member
I thought the 60-day window would only open for the third person at 60 days prior to their resort reservation?

Yes, for them to book.

But if you are staying onsite, you can also book FPs for anyone in your "friends and family" list at your 60 day mark, even if they do not have an onsite stay.

It's something they seemingly allow so you can make plans to visit together with maybe friends who live locally. But it's not widely known or publicised, other than on forums like this, and of course they could end it at a stroke if they wanted to. Similar to the rolling window for an onsite stay.

sci223

Original Poster
Wow! Thank you all for the replies. So much insight. I’m finally starting to understand it a bit more now. I already invited one friend to the reso that we will get the MB together. And now I realize I can invite the third. Still book all FP+ under my 60 day window and that person will just get ticket media card upon entry to the first park.

MBs aren’t as important to us as being synced together.

I guess the 3rd adult didn’t really need to put the extension reservation under her name. But regardless they needed their own hotel booking once I departed.

So if I have 3 friends in my list once I start the FP+ and we all have our tixs in the account. Would the MB go to the first adult listed. Or do we have to manually link them after checkin on our own (since they dont mail to Canadians)?

nickys

Premium Member
Wow! Thank you all for the replies. So much insight. I’m finally starting to understand it a bit more now. I already invited one friend to the reso that we will get the MB together. And now I realize I can invite the third. Still book all FP+ under my 60 day window and that person will just get ticket media card upon entry to the first park.

MBs aren’t as important to us as being synced together.

I guess the 3rd adult didn’t really need to put the extension reservation under her name. But regardless they needed their own hotel booking once I departed.

So if I have 3 friends in my list once I start the FP+ and we all have our tixs in the account. Would the MB go to the first adult listed. Or do we have to manually link them after checkin on our own (since they dont mail to Canadians)?

There will be a magic band for each person on the reservation waiting for you at the front desk on your check-in day. They are associated with each person in your MDE accounts. You only have to link magic bands that you purchase, not ones associated with your reservation.

sci223

Original Poster
Ok. That I understand. But if I add a guest to MDE for FP+ purposes that will have nothing to do with my reso. And based on the name associated, they will link that person only, and then I just keep adding FP for the 3rd guest too?

nickys

Premium Member
Ok. That I understand. But if I add a guest to MDE for FP+ purposes that will have nothing to do with my reso. And based on the name associated, they will link that person only, and then I just keep adding FP for the 3rd guest too?

They will have to have an MDE account with a ticket linked to them in order for you to make FPs for them. Whether or not they choose to get a magic band or not is up to them. They could just use the hard ticket they will collect. The ticket linked in MDE is what's important.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Yes, for them to book.

But if you are staying onsite, you can also book FPs for anyone in your "friends and family" list at your 60 day mark, even if they do not have an onsite stay.

It's something they seemingly allow so you can make plans to visit together with maybe friends who live locally. But it's not widely known or publicised, other than on forums like this, and of course they could end it at a stroke if they wanted to. Similar to the rolling window for an onsite stay.
Learn something new every day. :cool:

Thanks!

exnihlio13

You can also just buy a Magic Band at the resort or any Disney shop for $20 for them and then link it to their account.

A sidenote that I'm pretty sure you're fine on this as well but just in case...
When using a Magic Band or ticket you also have to scan a finger at the park entry gates for every park entry...so no option to swap around Magic Bands or anything. Don't think this was in your plans but thought it worth mentioning.

Also worth noting re: Canadian tickets:
You'll need your passports with you at the park on day 1 as well on your first entry.
We assumed that the resort pickup of tickets were enough but brought our passports with us just in case because the resort staff member couldn't say for sure.
They DID want to see the passports on our FIRST park entry as well (and no other times after that).
Here's the blurb on that from the ticket sales:
"...All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior to first use. If the Guest selects Will Call as the delivery method, the Guest must present a Canadian passport to exchange the Will Call certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use..."

And even though we picked up our Magic Bands with linked park tickets at Port Orleans Riverside resort..with our passports in hand (because there was also a resort discount for Canadians at the time)..they still wanted to see them when we went to the first park the next day to fully validate them.

ex

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom