FP+ Booking Question for Group Travel

dreamscometrue

I've planned many trip for our family, other friends and families, and last year for a group of 37 people. But, I have a situation I haven't had before, with our group planning for this year. I'm taking a group (staying on-site) and all people will have 5 day park hopper passes. We will be able to have 6 full days this year, so are planning one day to travel off site and NOT use park passes that day. The thing is, we don't yet know exactly which day this is, and (for strange logistical reasons) may not know until about 4 weeks before travel. So, here are my questions...

Can we book FP+ for all 6 days, and cancel them for one day once we know when we're going off site? Or, since we have 5 day passes attached to our accounts, will FP+ bookings be cut off after booking the first 5 days? And, even if this works, is it unethical tying up one day's worth of FP+ for a few weeks, and releasing them before we travel? Thanks?

Cosmic Commando

Don't know if everyone in your group will go for this, but this is what I would do if I were in your situation... just buy 6-day park hoppers. If you have to buy from Disney for package reasons, it will be ~$19 per person; if you can buy from a third-party seller, it's only ~$7 more on Undercover Tourist right now (Touring Plans has a ticket calculator to find the absolute cheapest place). It would be like trip insurance for your fastpasses. Additionally, once you know which day will be off-site, you could change the FP+ reservations to be all first thing in the morning and hit the parks for just a couple hours before you head out, or make them for late at night in case you've finished whatever you're doing off-site that day and you still have the itch for park time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom