Fox Properties at Disney parks

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
an alien type walkthrough like this actually existed in London for a while (think lazer quest). It would make a cool attraction but probably at the studios rather than magic Kingdom
I agree. It would be amazing. It would be awesome if Studios got a Sci Fi land themed to different franchises besides Star Wars like Alien and The Eternals.

RSoxNo1

Just a thought. I could see Universal playing ball with co-ownership of Marvel in Florida once they see what Disney builds in California. I'm not saying it's going to happen but new information on Disney's treatment of Marvel is coming out this year in the form of Avengers Campus and a Spider-Man ride.

If Disney's arrangement for Universal allowed for a clone in Florida with some sort of reverse licensing fee, that might be an interesting solution. It might also create confusion, ultimately making it not worth the trouble.

Tom P.

an alien type walkthrough like this actually existed in London for a while (think lazer quest). It would make a cool attraction but probably at the studios rather than magic Kingdom
But if you shoot the aliens, do you get hit with acid?

Mickey5150

Disney should build a Universal Orlando clone near Houston. One park could have their Marvel properties and the other could have their Fox properties. Without a "Magic Kingdom" park they could go with more thrill rides/roller coasters without affecting the brand. I don't think Houston ever got a replacement for their Six Flags park so they wouldn't have any competition.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New to the forms here 👋🏻
Not sure if this is a rumor or has been mentioned before but replacing Aerosmith from Rock and roller coaster with Queen since Disney has the rights to use the bohemian rhapsody movie now. Just an idea :)

That, AFAIK, had not been suggested by any of our reliable insiders who have contacts inside the area of Disney in which decisions are made.

Every time I heard about the Aerosmith to Queen overlay, it was just a fan suggestion.

Considering WDW hasn't done anything preliminary with Queen, e.g., having a Queen sound-alike show at DHS or Epcot, it seems unlikely anyone at WDW is pushing for more Queen in the parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I bet we will not hear of any Fox IP at the parks for a while. What Fox IP would you want to see at any of the parks?

Maybe a restaurant?...

A Night at the Museum Restaurant

Would you like a softly-lit romantic meal of mammoth steaks with sides of cleverly updated basic human staples served by Teddy Roosevelt or an Indigenous Person from a bygone era?

Then come on down to the Museum Restaurant located in the old Launch Bay where the Animation Courtyard is reconfigured for modern L.A. look with a proper frontage of L.A. theaters and the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History.

The museum decor consists of hanging Pteradactyls, dinosaur skeletons, oversized dragon flies, giant dioramas, and all sorts of occasionally moving taxidermied fauna of the past -- and maybe a few Easter eggs from the Ice Age©.

View attachment 296298

Note: I relinquish my hold on The Martian fecal potatoes if anyone wants it!

Barrel Rapids

As part of a huge Tolkien Land in their new theme park "gate", guests travel down a raging rapids ride in a raft that looks like barrels lashed together reminiscent of the ones the dwarves used to escape their elven captors in Mirkwood, all the while menaced by spiders and orcs from above.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I understand why Disney acquired FOX, but there aren't many properties that I'm interested in seeing mixed into the "Disney" world. These are the only properties I'm interested in subjectively:

Avatar - We already have Pandora
Family Guy - Doesn't fit
Bob's Burgers - Doesn't fit
Home Alone - Maybe a show at Christmas?
Night at the museum would make a great ride or restaurant like Mister Penguin showed. Ice Age has been rumored to replace Dinoland at Animal Kingdom. Also Fantastic Four and X-men will eventually be at the Marvel lands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom