Fox Properties at Disney parks

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Hard to believe the ride is 11 years old now...

And while that has been open. No one seems to know of the "other" Simpsons attraction that opened at Myrtle Beach which is a 4D theater and Kwik E Mart.
0821simpsonstheme02.JPG

Oh shoot I may need to check that one out.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh shoot I may need to check that one out.
From what I have read while it's things being sprayed on you like water, smells and such with Dbox motion seats..The 2 shorts are the Oscar winning "The longest Daycare, and a sub plot segment from Season 21 "Postcards from The Wedge." Now, if they had done all new animation with the characters doing another film festival and chaos happens in the theater this would have been a good idea. Hmmm..seems it would work better Like Muppetvision-esque vibe.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Some of you guys are nuts for thinking that The Simpson’s can’t coexist inside a Disney theme park. Granted, I don’t necessarily believe it belongs in a Magic Kingdom styled park but a Studio park could definitely work.

Universal has done a superb job with The Simpson’s over the years, it’s a fun little attraction with a cool land complementing it but if you think Disney can’t come up with something distinctively better with greater space then I don’t know.

Think of an attraction that’s not a screen-based simulation but rather a dark ride that tends to pick up speeds and make sharp turns as your hauling throughout Springfield in the Simpson’s family car, encountering really nice sets and AAs saying some hilarious and outlandish things.

Treehouse of Horror alone could spawn into a fun Halloween themed event ‘cause we all wanna die experiencing DHS with a Halloween event, right?

Who knows, but I can bet that Disney can do The Simpson’s better than Universal... simply because they’ll have no other alternative to do so.
You are right. I hadn't thought of that. It would be really cool to see what Disney could do for a Simpsons dark ride.

Robbiem

Some of you guys are nuts for thinking that The Simpson’s can’t coexist inside a Disney theme park. Granted, I don’t necessarily believe it belongs in a Magic Kingdom styled park but a Studio park could definitely work.

Universal has done a superb job with The Simpson’s over the years, it’s a fun little attraction with a cool land complementing it but if you think Disney can’t come up with something distinctively better with greater space then I don’t know.

Think of an attraction that’s not a screen-based simulation but rather a dark ride that tends to pick up speeds and make sharp turns as your hauling throughout Springfield in the Simpson’s family car, encountering really nice sets and AAs saying some hilarious and outlandish things.

Treehouse of Horror alone could spawn into a fun Halloween themed event ‘cause we all wanna die experiencing DHS with a Halloween event, right?

Who knows, but I can bet that Disney can do The Simpson’s better than Universal... simply because they’ll have no other alternative to do so.

I this would be a great idea - a simpsons version of cartoon spin would be a fun ride, perhaps in the Paris studios where I assume rights wouldn’t be an issue

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Could Call of the Wild get any type of attraction at DCA if the movie is a big success? It would be pretty cool. I'm just kinda spit balling here I guess 😂
Honestly I could see Grizzly River Run get a Call of the Wild overlay with AA's like knott's berry farm's raft ride. It would help the ride a lot due to it basically having not much for theming on the ride.

Buffalo

Am I the only one who thinks that the Simpsons is a very slowly dying franchise not relevant to today's teens? IMO, the only reason why Disney would build a Simpsons attraction is because it's a legacy franchise for older adults. I actually put Aerosmith coaster in the same category....it would be dead if it wasn't for being an awesome coaster. (and yes, I'm an Aerosmith fan)

Looking at Fox's movie portfolio, based on gross sales, there are few - if any - franchises worth investing in for permanent theme park attractions. You need to be popular yesterday, today and tomorrow for an IP to resonate with mass audiences.

Let's dissect Universal Epic rumored lands because it's a working case study of new IP attractions:
  • Classic Monsters: iconic, timeless stories re-made over generations and possibility for strong future reboots
  • Nintendo World: arguably the most famous and iconic video game franchise ever across cultures and generations, constantly rebooting and updating on newer and newer gaming platforms for youths/adults to enjoy
  • How to Train your Dragon: One of Paramount's most successful franchises - starting 10 years ago and likely sequels in the future. Also pretty obvious that Universal has dibs on Paramount properties.
  • Fantastic Beasts: While very new, it piggybacks off of the huge HP franchise. It's also heavily relying on the 2021 release.
The common theme here is (1) time - anywhere from decades to generations and (2) future - guaranteed to have future releases to constantly stimulate interest.

TDL;DR Fox's movie portfolio is worthless for theme park attractions IMO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom