Fox Properties at Disney parks

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney will now NEVER have a "Fox" property in the parks. ;)

Well... They haven't removed "Fox" from the TV studios. Yet. If they never do, a Simpson's attraction would be a Fox branded attraction.

Cmdr_Crimson

In a weird part of this Family Guy creator Seth Mcfarlane decided to leave Fox and go to Universal for $200 million..I guess he still was a bit urked about the Disney transition..However, his shows will still be created for the network..

Movielover

In a weird part of this Family Guy creator Seth Mcfarlane decided to leave Fox and go to Universal for $200 million..I guess he still was a bit urked about the Disney transition..However, his shows will still be created for the network..

According to Mcfarlane himself it was because Fox only wanted more Animated series from him and he wanted to develop new live action projects.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

No, they haven't.

20th TV was founded 31 years ago. That certainly isn't the case of Disney removing "Fox" from its name.

20th TV is a subsidiary of 20th Century Fox TV

Then there's Fox 21 TV which had another asset, Fox TV merge into it in 2014. That's a doubly whammy because Murdoch is going with the "21st" labeling in addition to "Fox."

So there currently exists:
  • 20th TV (founded 31 years ago)
  • 20th Century Fox TV
  • Fox 21 TV
  • Fox TV Animation
All the news reporting so far has gone out of their way to say the TV divisions that have 'Fox' in their name is still to be determined... unless you have a more recent source that says otherwise?

Also, you may want to check out the copyright notice on the website you cited. ;)

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Alien
Die Hard
Ice Age
Robots
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Anastasia

I think the time has come for a 5th gate, perhaps a “Villains” Park, more for adults, Alien would fit right in :) Like a backwards version of MK :)
Alien and Ice Age would be pretty cool. There was the rumor from Jim Hill about Ice Age replacing Dino land at Animal Kingdom.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Before you see any Fox property, Coco is waiting in the wings for a budget.

Then there's more Frozen. And a Baby Yoda attraction.

No Fox property could be a higher priority than these very successful Disney properties.

Not to mention any superheroes they're allowed to use in Orlando.
I absolutely agree! Coco needs a ride! A Baby Yoda meet and greet is a must :)

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
They have so much to pull from honestly. Out of curiosity, if Simpson's wasn't already at universal I think it's a safe bet they would put it in a park. It would have been a great fit for Hollywood studios. How do you think Disney would have done Simpson's?
I'm not sure to be honest. Simpsons just doesn't feel like it would fit at Disney. It fits perfectly at Universal in my opinion.

champdisney

Some of you guys are nuts for thinking that The Simpson’s can’t coexist inside a Disney theme park. Granted, I don’t necessarily believe it belongs in a Magic Kingdom styled park but a Studio park could definitely work.

Universal has done a superb job with The Simpson’s over the years, it’s a fun little attraction with a cool land complementing it but if you think Disney can’t come up with something distinctively better with greater space then I don’t know.

Think of an attraction that’s not a screen-based simulation but rather a dark ride that tends to pick up speeds and make sharp turns as your hauling throughout Springfield in the Simpson’s family car, encountering really nice sets and AAs saying some hilarious and outlandish things.

Treehouse of Horror alone could spawn into a fun Halloween themed event ‘cause we all wanna die experiencing DHS with a Halloween event, right?

Who knows, but I can bet that Disney can do The Simpson’s better than Universal... simply because they’ll have no other alternative to do so.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hard to believe the ride is 11 years old now...

And while that has been open. No one seems to know of the "other" Simpsons attraction that opened at Myrtle Beach which is a 4D theater and Kwik E Mart.
0821simpsonstheme02.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom