Fox Properties at Disney parks

Lemanic

A Russia Pavilion with Anastasia/Bartok.
Ferngully at the Animal Kingdom to further the "preservation" theme.
The Brazil Pavilion with Rio.
Titan A.E add-on at Mission: SPACE.

Cmdr_Crimson

Perhaps starting out slow and then go into the parks would be a good idea....Why not just get Feld Entertainment/Disney on Ice to re-release Anastasia on Ice and Incorporate her with the Disney Princesses this way...

But, if that's the case...We can also do Empire on Ice...:hilarious:

MagicHappens1971

I feel like the Fox Properties are different than Star Wars & Marvel and entirely different from Pixar because Disney produced/distributed all of the movies under the Pixar umbrella. I don't think anything aside from maybe possibly the Simpsons making it to the Disney parks.

rd805

There is quite a few animted films that will still be under the radar at Disney..But, are still liked by many..
Found on Deviantart
20th_century_fox_animation_movie_logos_by_espioartwork_102-d8d2ti3.jpg
A lot of these are truly terrible films. c'mon.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I feel like the Fox Properties are different than Star Wars & Marvel and entirely different from Pixar because Disney produced/distributed all of the movies under the Pixar umbrella. I don't think anything aside from maybe possibly the Simpsons making it to the Disney parks.
Knowing Bob Chapek he will shoehorn them in somehow. Cough Cough ( Pixar Pier and Frozen in Norway)

tomast

I'd look to how prominently the Fox purchase features in Disney+ (the public facing reason they bought it) to see how much Disney thinks it enmeshes with "the brand".

Not that there lacked value in the purchase, but just because they bought it does not prioritize it over better, more appropriate, under-utilized things they already own.

For every mention of Ice Age or Rio or Anastasia's, Disney is sitting on Zootopia, Jungle Book, Coco, Moana's, Inside Outs and many other arguably better properties. Including quite the animated renaissance slew.

The decision that drove Avatar is also from a different era of Disney. Current Disney does not seemingly lack options as the new tentpole king. Ironically the only thing the Fox purchase really makes more likely, is more of what they already had (Avatar).
They own all those IPs but decide to build an avatar land (when that ip did not belong to them) and a Tron Ride...

So don't be surprised if the first Fox ip we see on Disney parks be Mr poppers penguins...

BrianLo

They own all those IPs but decide to build an avatar land (when that ip did not belong to them) and a Tron Ride...

So don't be surprised if the first Fox ip we see on Disney parks be Mr poppers penguins...

Pandora predates any of those properties. We forget what a different landscape Disney was in, in 2011, when the decision was made that they needed a “big property”. Avengers of course not having hit and not being viable for Florida. No lucasfilm. No strong animated resurgence. Likewise, the decision that drove Tron actually dates back around that era with Shanghai planning.

Disney has been meteoric with large tent poles this decade, but that wasn’t the case for the first portion of Iger’s tenure from 2005-until it kicked off with Alan Horne in 2012.

All of which is to say the decision making process in 2020 can’t be equated to 2010. No fox franchises are that desirable compared to what Disney already has.

Sir_Cliff

A lot of these are truly terrible films. c'mon.
I'll never understand why people are so keen to imagine Disney inserting these IPs into the park when they have bigger, more beloved films sitting in their library that they haven't touched. Is a studio that has films like Inside Out, Coco, Wall-E, Tangled, and Zootopia laying dormant in their library really going to be salivating at the prospect of an Anastasia, Fern Gully, Ice Age, or Rio attraction? I would honestly be a little angry if any of them moved to the front of the queue for a new attraction when so many great Disney and Pixar films get no love!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'll never understand why people are so keen to imagine Disney inserting these IPs into the park when they have bigger, more beloved films sitting in their library that they haven't touched. Is a studio that has films like Inside Out, Coco, Wall-E, and Tangled laying dormant in their library really going to be salivating at the prospect of an Anastasia, Fern Gully, Ice Age, or Rio attraction? I would honestly be a little angry if any of them moved to the front of the queue for a new attraction when so many great Disney and Pixar films get no love!

This. Exactly this.

For the love of Pete's Dragon... Disney did NOT buy Fox so they could then try to shoehorn their craptacular IP's into the theme parks!!! Why this delusion continues to be discussed is beyond me. Take it to Armchair Imagineering, it's not news or rumor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom